Deck of the Week: Sign-Up Thread: Week 110: September 7th - September 14th

Elendil

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: HERE

4. Please feel free to join us in an informal exchange circle for members only:

Tarot Reading circle: Will create if requested.
Oracle Reading circle: Will create if requested.

5. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

List of Participants:
1. Elendil : Templar Tarot (Journey Edition)
2. Lourdez : Ghosts and Spirits Tarot
3. BodhiSeed : Art of Life Tarot and the Tao Oracle
4. Myrrha : Rabbit Tarot
5. AJ : Chinese Tarot (Jui Guoliang)
6. VGimlet : Tarot Illuminati
7. Madame Squee : Dark Crystal Rose Illuminated Tarot
8. toj : Tarot of Pagan Cats and Day of the Dead Lenormand
9. GryffinSong : Kissa Tarot

Elendil

The Wild Unknown is another deck which begs to be used for a second week...but I haven't made my mind up yet.

Lourdez

Oh is this for next week already? Geees where did that go?

Okay I'll stay on Ghosts & Spirits as we haven't even touched the sides:D

BodhiSeed

I'm in with the Art of Tarot paired with the Tao Oracle.

Thanks E.:heart: And by the way, you did some great readings with the Wild Unknown - not an easy deck for most folks!

Myrrha

I'm in this week with the Fantastical although it is a tough choice as I miss the Rabbit Tarot

The Fantastical worked well last week although I didn't have time to read every day.

Not sure I will post my readings for a while. It was a good discipline to try and put my reading into words and often that helped me figure out what the cards were saying. I am going to focus more on feelings and go back to a sketchbook that I used last winter. Just write down a few words and focus on feelings, maybe try to combine elements from the images into one picture. This worked really well with Vampires of the Eternal Night last year.

BodhiSeed

It was a good discipline to try and put my reading into words and often that helped me figure out what the cards were saying. I am going to focus more on feelings and go back to a sketchbook that I used last winter. Just write down a few words and focus on feelings, maybe try to combine elements from the images into one picture.
I think I enjoy doing my daily reading on a blog for precisely this reason. Sometimes as I'm typing stuff comes out of my head that I didn't even know was there. :D I've never thought about using a sketchbook before - that sounds quite interesting!

Elendil

Thanks E.:heart: And by the way, you did some great readings with the Wild Unknown - not an easy deck for most folks!

You are very welcome...and thanks :)

AJ

I'm in this week with the Fantastical although it is a tough choice as I miss the Rabbit Tarot

The Fantastical worked well last week although I didn't have time to read every day.

Not sure I will post my readings for a while. It was a good discipline to try and put my reading into words and often that helped me figure out what the cards were saying. .

Like Bodhi, I have a blog and use those words that come from somewhere.
Writing really fleshes out the card for me.

But sometimes I read aloud to my coffee mug or the lamp because SAYing the words also makes me See the card. If I do a 3 card spread I can glance at the assembly and think, ah that's nice and call it good. but when I make myself say the words it is quite another thing because I get the nuances.

All ways are good because we are working/playing our decks :)

Elendil I'm using my Jui Guoliang Chinese deck, beginning Sunday as always. Thanks for being our point man.

strings of life

ETA: Deck multiple personality disorder...again ;).

Elendil, can you delete me this week? Sorry about that!

VGimlet

I'm in this week with the Tarot Illuminati. I am looking forward to finding out if I love this deck or not. Even looking through it I found myself liking some cards a lot, and disliking others intensely. So, we'll see.

I am hoping to get the Wild Unknown before my tarot moratorium kicks in on November 1. :p

(I quit buying decks in November so DH has something to get me on the holiday wish list, haha.)