Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 279 : December 3 - December 9

VGimlet

I had forgotten the Archeon, but now I am remembering why I wanted more time with it. That happens to me a lot!

And welcome to EmpyreanKnight and reginatw :party:

UniversesCollide

I have found that my Green Witch Tarot is a little bit contrary. :D It doesn't like to be shuffled the same way as my other decks, it doesn't like to have the cards chosen the same way, and it gets cranky when I try to do my usual routine. I have to work with it differently than I do my other decks. I LOVE the images, and I am able to get good results from them, but definitely on the deck's terms.

I find the author's information on the herbs and animals in the cards interesting and helpful, but I don't try to memorize them. I'm still learning the deck, so I try to look at the bigger scene and the overall feel of the card, rather than honing in on the details. Unless there is something that really catches my attention (I can pore over all of the amazing details in The Sidhe card, for example), I try to go "big picture."

I don't know if any of that will help you, but I hope so! :)

Thanks, I'm hoping to feel better about it by the end of the week. It's interesting what you said about it not wanting to be treated like other decks. I'm going to stick to using it through the week and then try the deck again at a later time to see how it feels after letting the energy process.

Madame Squee

Thank you for setting up our thread, VG! :love:

I'm in with the Sherlock Holmes Tarot and STS Lenormand.

My daughter ordered the Sherlock Holmes Tarot for me several months ago, but last night was the first time I've tried to work with it. Well, it gave me one AMAZING reading after another! I'm surprised and happy!

UniversesCollide

Thank you for setting up our thread, VG! :love:

I'm in with the Sherlock Holmes Tarot and STS Lenormand.

My daughter ordered the Sherlock Holmes Tarot for me several months ago, but last night was the first time I've tried to work with it. Well, it gave me one AMAZING reading after another! I'm surprised and happy!

That caught my attention. I've been wondering about this deck.

dianekay

Monday Morning: Crow's Magick

So far, so good. As I mentioned in a different topic thread, I recently trimmed this deck which has really brought me back to using it. I love it borderless, though I know and appreciate that not everyone is a "trimmer." But these cards in a spread seem to blend together so well when they're trimmed. Even trimmed there's still a tiny Londa Marks close to the bottom on the right hand side. I guess I'll just learn to ignore that.
My first one card draw was The Hanged Man. Later today I'll post some of my journaling in the daily draw link at the start of this thread. Hope you're all off to a good start with your decks!

Madame Squee

Sherlock Holmes Tarot

That caught my attention. I've been wondering about this deck.

The Sherlock Holmes Tarot is teaching me a lot. I'm especially enjoying reading the book as I work with the cards. I probably should put the cards down and just read the book first, but the artwork and colors won't let me do that. The meanings of the cards are standard (even though the images rarely are), except that Matthews and Kinghan have fortified them with concepts I have not considered before. For instance, here's the summarization of the Eight of Observation (Swords):

"Caught up in matters beyond your control. Fruitless occupations which you cannot resist. Restriction or lack of perspective. Fear of what others may say about you. Allowing yourself to be convinced by others. Public views reflect an ideology or institution. Imprisonment or illness stops you in your tracks."*

So, that's what the 8 of Swords has been trying to tell me all of these years! Lol. I used to see this card almost every day when I was caught up working in a highly competitive organization, which was fraught with corporate politics and infighting. I knew I was trapped ("caught up in matters beyond your control") but completely missed the significant nuances, such as "allowing yourself to be convinced by others" or "fear of what others may say about you" and the really interesting option, "public views reflect an ideology or institution".

For me, this is a case where the book alone justifies the price of the kit. The cards are an amazing bonus!

*Page 77, The Sherlock Holmes Tarot, Sterling Ethos, Text © 2014 by John Matthews and Will Kinghan.

RiverRunsDeep

Working with the Elements of Recovery deck has been quite an insightful and introspective experience so far. Love the artwork, too! I actually did a mini-review over in the Oracles section, if anyone would like to check it out.

BodhiSeed

Working with the Elements of Recovery deck has been quite an insightful and introspective experience so far. Love the artwork, too! I actually did a mini-review over in the Oracles section, if anyone would like to check it out.
:heart::):heart: