Deva tarot

Sarah

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and have been enjoying reading about your favorite and not-so-favorite decks! Anyway I recently bought the Deva tarot because I fell in love with the colors used.

The minor arcana follows the Thoth deck closely in concept but the artwork is more casual and the colors are brighter, lighter, softer, more "new age". I love the Thoth deck but the colors in the Deva deck make my heart sing. The major arcana is more traditional than the Thoth and does not present all the detailed Crowley symbolism.

This is not a "naughty" or "erotic" deck but most of the figures are topless or nearly naked. Moreover their body language expresses a very upfront sensuality. This may not be for everyone.

There is an extra suite, to represent the element of spirit. The interpretations use basic concepts about spiritual evolution, but I think each user will probably interpret these based on their own path.

Anyway, I am really enjoying these cards. Because they rely on expressive color more than on detail I find them stimulating to the intuition. They have a certain lightheartedness, and I don't take them as seriously the Thoth deck. Does anyone else here use these? Seen them and hated them? Just curious!
-Sarah

Jane

Hi,

I have the Deva tarot in my collection. I really like the artwork too. I haven't worked with it at all though.

Thoth is the deck that works for me all the way around. It has since I first got it when I first became interested in tarot.

Mine seemed to have a pretty comprehensive booklet with it. I hope to look at it closer when I have more time.

Jane

Kimon

Hello,
I also have the Deva tarot in my collection and like it a lot, but dont use it because the cards are so thick and not flexible, what I dont like. Also I think it is quite repetitive in itself. But besides this, I really, as you do, love the deck and its paintings.
Greetings,
Kimon

Sarah

Kimon, I agree sometimes the differences between cards are subtle. Agree about the stiff cards as well. Right now I have the entire suite of cups lined up on a low shelf where I can see them, with some flowers. Looks great!

-Sarah