different but the same ??? Pairs of cards which seem to belong together

CreativeFire

Shalott said:
I was so intrigued when I noticed that the scene of the Moon is way in the background in Death, like it all takes place in the same village. So many clever little touches in this deck!

Shalott, that one got me thinking as well when I noticed it during the 78 Week Study on Death! It is almost like if you followed to the end of the path on the Moon card you would end up in Death Valley (so to speak) - no wonder the crayfish is taking his time getting out of the pool! ;)

On a more serious note, Ros, you have made me look even closer at my Universal Waite and the combination - same but different - of the following cards:

The Lovers - A woman and a man stand with a mountain between them but also a winged angel above between them.

2 of Cups - A woman and a man stand with a house on a hill between them and a winged lion and caduceus above between them.

The Devil - A woman and a man stand with a stone block with chains between them and a winged half-beast, half-man above between them.

and finally ...

Judgement - A man and a woman stand with a child between them and a winged trumpeting angel above between them.

Laying these cards out - you can see a bit of a story connection between the 4 of them - going off on a tangent here!

The couple in the Lovers meet, love at first sight a bit of passion and desire happening. They choose to settle down together, (2 of Cups) make a committment - a union - live in the little house on the hill. They then find that they may get caught up in the newly married scene of going hard out materialisticly (is that a word?) (The Devil) and spend their time and money on satisfying the career, home & lifestyle scene. Unable to see the real purpose in being together. Until .... Judgement comes along (with a child between them) and they see that they need to curb their ways and make choices in readiness for raising a child and feel the karmic nature of parenthood. ;)

CreativeFire

firemaiden

Ros you are noting interesting shared elements between cards.

These are the kinds of observations that are some times very useful in a reading. Its part of noticing the relationships between the cards.

cartarum

similarities

i agree on the four swords and the five pents. they do have a great connection. what about the world and the nine of pentacles? or the ten of pentacles and the hermit? there is a tentative connection of the four of pentacles reversed to the world reversed.
i think that all the minors are just the smaller parts of the majors.
any thoughts?

Dakota

To me it has always been Temperance and the Star:

T, the angel with golden hair, in modest robes
S, the human woman with golden hair, who no longer needs any covering at all

T, pouring water from one cup to another
S, pouring out her life water freely to the land and the water

both, left foot or leg on the land, right foot on (not in) the water

Chronata

I just noticed what looked to me like a connection between the Ace of Pentacles and the Magician...
(sigh...yep, it's that whole rose and lily thing again!)

Doesn't it look as if the Magicain could be standing under a rose trelis?
Like the one in the Ace, perhaps?

Ravenswing

world and hanged man

put the hanged man beneath the world. See the ankh??

fly well
Raven

koulla

CreativeFire said:
Shalott, that one got me thinking as well when I noticed it during the 78 Week Study on Death! It is almost like if you followed to the end of the path on the Moon card you would end up in Death Valley (so to speak) - no wonder the crayfish is taking his time getting out of the pool! ;)

On a more serious note, Ros, you have made me look even closer at my Universal Waite and the combination - same but different - of the following cards:

The Lovers - A woman and a man stand with a mountain between them but also a winged angel above between them.

2 of Cups - A woman and a man stand with a house on a hill between them and a winged lion and caduceus above between them.

The Devil - A woman and a man stand with a stone block with chains between them and a winged half-beast, half-man above between them.

and finally ...

Judgement - A man and a woman stand with a child between them and a winged trumpeting angel above between them.

Laying these cards out - you can see a bit of a story connection between the 4 of them - going off on a tangent here!

The couple in the Lovers meet, love at first sight a bit of passion and desire happening. They choose to settle down together, (2 of Cups) make a committment - a union - live in the little house on the hill. They then find that they may get caught up in the newly married scene of going hard out materialisticly (is that a word?) (The Devil) and spend their time and money on satisfying the career, home & lifestyle scene. Unable to see the real purpose in being together. Until .... Judgement comes along (with a child between them) and they see that they need to curb their ways and make choices in readiness for raising a child and feel the karmic nature of parenthood. ;)

CreativeFire
Lets not forgeth the Tower, a man an a woman falling from grace so to speak, being punished for following the devil

Fulgour

Are those the kids from the 6 of Cups,
all grown up on the 5 of Pentacles...?

Rosanne

I have noticed that each Knight of the suit holds the symbol of the suit in the same way as the hand in each Ace. The clearest are wands and Pentacles.

The Two in each suit are 'stage' cards although the Wands Two is ambiguous.

In the Eights you have Cups Horizontal, Wands Diagonal, Pentacles Vertical, and Swords somewhat curved. But what is intersteing the symbols are oversized for the figures. You cannot wield a Sword that is the same size as yourself for example.
I wonder if Pamela subconsciously or conciously did these things? ~Rosanne