Divination Experiment!!! 8 Participants Needed

Satori

Sign-ups are now closed! :)

OK, I've been toying with this idea for a while now. I'd like to run a little divination experiment. I will need about 7 participants. Each participant will choose a form of divination that I will list here in this area. Only one person per divinatory vehicle.

The idea is this:
-Each participant gets read by the entire group! So, if you are the first to be read you post a question in a separate thread, and off you go with your own divinatory form and read for yourself. When you are finished, you wait for everyone else to post their reading for you, and then you post your reading. I'm gonna ask that you title your thread with your name and Divination Experiment. So when it is my turn the thread will read: Satori's Divination Experiment Question

The discussion that follows the readings will be to sort of try and bring all the readings for that individual together into one meaningful reading.

Then we move on to the next person's turn.

I'm interested in seeing what will happen with the readings. Will we each get different peices of the puzzle? Will there be overlapping themes and ideas? Will we get gobbledeegook?

I want this to be fun and playful as well as serious and thoughtful. If your reading comes out crazy you have to promise to post it, and if it is deep, you still have to post it. No PMing the answers...we all need to be able to read the responses and see the parallels or lack of them.

So the idea here is that we need some really good questions, general readings will not be accepted!! You can ask anything you want, but I admit I'm hoping for some good, well thought out questions that will give us something to work with.

I'm setting a post expectancy on this group. I'd like to have folks who have at least 45 posts on AT participate. If you know of an exceptional reader who wants to join us and who doesn't have the 45 posts, PM me with your plea...I will consider them.

One last thing. The answers don't have to be long winded. They just have to be...divined.

So, who wants to play?????? :D

The 7 Types of Divination:

1. There will be one who will use Capnomancy:
Divination by Smoke
However you decide to generate the smoke please let us know in advance and use the same method each time. There is another form of divination that uses incense, so you can use incense to generate your smoke, but I want you to read the smoke, not the scent!

2. There will be one who will use Pessomancy:
Divination by Pebbles
Please use pebbles you have collected.

3. There will be one who will use Scrying:
Divination by looking into a Crystal Ball
Please use the same crystal ball for each reading.

4. There will be one who will use Ornithomancy:
Divination by viewing the Flight of Birds
Obviously I don't expect you to use the same flock of birds! But please do build in some kind of ritual for the practice you use when doing the Divining, and repeat it each time!

5. There will be one who will use Theomancy:
Divination by the use of an Oracle.
Please Note: The Oracle may not be a typical or mass market Oracle. It must be of your own device. So if you have created your own Oracle deck or have a collection of found objects etc you can use that. You must let me know in advance what you want to use if you choose this one!

6. There will be one who will use Tasseography:
Divination by looking at Tea Leaves or Coffee Grounds.
Please use the same cup for each reading.
Let us know if you are doing this intuitively or using a Tasseography chart.

7. There will be one who will use Retromancy:
Divination by looking over one's shoulder.
Please Note: I will expect you to let us know ahead of time how you will choose to do this. Will you always return to the same busy street corner, at the same time for each reading? Will you always go the same place in the yard and center and ground yourself before doing this reading??

8. There will be one who will use Conchomancy:
Divination by using shells.
There is a seashell oracle out there called Ocean Oracle. I would ask that you do not use this system, nor the african cowrie shell system. I would ask that you use an intuitive system of your own device.

Please post in the thread and let me know of your interest in this idea. We can either wait until we have our 7 before choosing the methods, or we can do a first come first served thing. State your interest of which method you want when you sign-up, and we'll go from there. Even if you see someone has chosen the method you wanted, let me know now what you are the most interested in and we will see what happens!

Thanks for joining me in this experiment!

Here's a pretty good list of the types of divination.

Participants thus far:
Satori-is divining with Retromancy
bershka-is divining with Capnomancy
MedusaWasAMermaid-is divining with Scrying
Cara-is divining with Tasseography
Netzach-is divining wtih Theomancy
flicker-is divining with Ornithomancy
franniee-is divining with Pessomancy
StarryStarryNight-is divining with Conchomancy.

Reading Order:

Netzach
Cara
franniee
bershka
MedusaWasAMermaid
starrystarrynight
Satori
flicker

AJ

Quilters call this a Round Robin. I'll be reading with interest.

bershka

That sounds like a very interesting experiment.

I'll do Capnomancy!!

I'd love to join in the fun :D :D

Satori

Me again!
I have to say I'm interested in the Retromancy. I don't have a crystal ball, so that one is right out....

Satori

If I don't get 7 players in the next couple of days, I'll shave it down...to 5, or maybe 3....

MedusaWasAMermaid

I am DEFINITELY a beginner and not sure that I have any skill in it, but IF no one else volunteers for scrying, I would do it. However, I do not own a crystal ball, but there are different ways of scrying. I believe- as I've seen another say- it can be done on the back of the eyelids. However, if you see that as something besides scrying, I can scry using another method. Scrying is also done in black mirrors and bowls of water (sometimes with dark ink or a shiny coin added). I do not own a black mirror, but I can get a bowl of water, I do have coins to toss in for a shine, and I also have India Ink for color. Plus, I think a dark bowl filled with water, and used in a dark room with perhaps a candle, is enough to get the darkness and shine needed. So, if acceptable to you, I can try to scry with a bowl of water- IF another person, more experienced than myself, doesn't offer to take this position. I have used the water method before, but as I said, I'm a beginner, and don't know how accurate I will be, anyway. So, I can't promise anything, other than an honest effort.

Satori

MedusaWasAMermaid said:
I am DEFINITELY a beginner and not sure that I have any skill in it, but IF no one else volunteers for scrying, I would do it. However, I do not own a crystal ball, but there are different ways of scrying. I believe- as I've seen another say- it can be done on the back of the eyelids. However, if you see that as something besides scrying, I can scry using another method. Scrying is also done in black mirrors and bowls of water (sometimes with dark ink or a shiny coin added). I do not own a black mirror, but I can get a bowl of water, I do have coins to toss in for a shine, and I also have India Ink for color. Plus, I think a dark bowl filled with water, and used in a dark room with perhaps a candle, is enough to get the darkness and shine needed. So, if acceptable to you, I can try to scry with a bowl of water- IF another person, more experienced than myself, doesn't offer to take this position. I have used the water method before, but as I said, I'm a beginner, and don't know how accurate I will be, anyway. So, I can't promise anything, other than an honest effort.

I have also heard that you can pour oil on the water and scry using that....not sure what else is involved, perhaps you stir the water first, before drizzling on the oil....

MedusaWasAMermaid

Satori said:
I have also heard that you can pour oil on the water and scry using that....not sure what else is involved, perhaps you stir the water first, before drizzling on the oil....

Hey Satori. I am not sure if I've seen that suggested before or not, but if I have, I didn't recall it. However, it does make sense! Thanks for telling me about it. I might try that technique out to see if it improves anything. Although a beginner and unsure of my ability, scrying is one of my favorite divination methods (along with tarot). What are yours, Satori?

starrystarrynight

I have no experience in any of these forms of divination (so, I would be flying blind so to speak), therefore, I will pass for this round...I will surely watch with interest, though!

Anam Cara

Satori,
I've been reading tea leaves (tasseography) for several years,
but so far only for myself.
I would love to tip my cup to querents other than myself!
It will be fun...and more than a little scary...
but I have to try SOME time!!
What better place than here?!?!
:heart:cara