Divine Square spread (need some help with my tetragrammaton based spread)

Frater Antonius

Hi yall.
im a bit of a noob with tarot, but i had this idea for a spread based on
the tetragrammaton.

basicly the idea is that each entry leads to the next, both horizontal (right to left) and vertical and also the last in each line leading to the first in the next line.

for instance one could look at the top horizontal line and see how the active principle leads to the passive principle etc, and the same verticaly.

well those of you familiar with the tetragrammaton will know what i mean.
obviously i have not yet found the proper words to get that streamline
that this spread demands.

diagram:

http://home.planet.nl/~vertigo69/ds.htm

Frater Antonius

nobody has a comment?

uu guys see what im trying to do right, or should i explain more?

aurora-paige

Heya,

Well, I am not at all familiar with the tetragrammaton. (I don't even know how to pronounce the word. It's too big for me.) I just wanted to comment and say good luck with this. It looks like a good spread though I bit confusing to look at it.

Just a question for confirmation and such. You do pull cards for the top row and the very last column right? Because they don't have numbers. And the non-english script, is it Arabic? Do they add any special meanings to the position? I can only speak English and very bad French so I need some explaining if you can.

And thank you very much for putting up with my questions thus far.

Rory

Frater Antonius

no actualy the idea is to pull cards for the entire square.
the colum and line without numbers are just there for illustration.
each column corresponds with each letter above it and the same for each
vertical line and the letter to the right of it.

though what u suggested is an interesting thought...

the letters are hebrew, thats what the tetragrammaton is written in, wich is
the four letter name of god.

basicly this name is the key to alot of occult things, including some aspects of the tarot.
the name is JHVH wich is were the english jehova comes from.
each letter represents one of the four principles on wich the universe is built.
J the active principle
H the passive principle
V the forming principle
H the material manifestation and result of the former.

another way to look at it is:
J the penis
H the vagina
V the womb
H the child

or:
J a rock is thrown
H physical forces define its path
V impact
H aftermath, result of impact

basicly everything that exists is going trough one of these phases,
and in this way the name is the key to the secrets of the universe...

the hebrew alphabet reflects this idea aswell.
every hebrew letter has a symbolic meaning wich is the bottem line of text in the diagram and u can see how these meanings gotrough that same 4 stage cycle.
and so i added those symbols to help me figure out the best key words for each entry.
also i should note that the last H is at the same time the J of the next cycle,
as each cycle ends in the seed to start the next one.

anyways the 4 letters also correspond with the alchemical elements
and some other things.
most notably the human condition:
J - fire - spirit
H - water - soul
V - air - astral body
H - earth - material body

so what the square represents is horizontally the 4 stages of this cycle for past and present and future etc.
and from top down it shows how each aspect progresses in and on itself,
each intro being a stronger version of the former.

for instance u can see how the cycle of the past has led to the present cycle.
and at the same time u can take one element of the cycle and see how your doing in that particular department.

2 - intuition in the past has led to 3 thought etc but it in itself has developed over time to become 5 - insight in the present...

i hope this explains it a bit...

aurora-paige

Now it makes more sense. Still a bit complicated but I am going to try it out and see how it goes. I'll post again once I finish to tell you how it went.

aurora-paige

Right, so I tried this spread. I found it kinda confusing but don't read too much into that because I get confused easily.

For some of the positions I found that it was easier understood if I took in the meaning of the Hebrew letter for that position. For example position 8 meaning Foresight and the letter meaning Closed/Grasping Hand. I had the 7 Cups reversed meaning loss of vision, depression, etc. When just looking at the top meaning it just means I lose my foresight/vision for awhile, but when I took in the Hebrew letter's meaning, I realized that a loss of vision could be whats holding me back (ie keeping me from grasping what I'm reaching for)

So for everyone who wants to use this spread keep both position meanings in mind when reading.

Frater Antonius

hey thats kewl :)

maybe foresight isnt the right word for it exaclty,
thats the part im still working on.

or maybe im better off just naming the lines and columns and leaving the actual spots unnamed and just note the letter atributions...

anyways thxz for the feedback :)

for those who want to use this spread: its still in beta, so feel free to improvise any way u see (or feel) fit.

the letter atributions come from the system of the tetragrammaton,
so those are static, but the other meanings are what i added arbitrarily
and are subject to change or dissapearance.

Frater Antonius

ehhh it turns out that i messed up the letters :S

will update soon hopefully...