Do you get stressed after reading tarot?

BlueBird5

Admin... sorry, I don't know where to put this but admin, pls kindly move to the proper area if needed. thx.

I also used the searched option but didn't work so I will post this one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you ever get stressed after doing so much reading a day?

I was wondering because last night I did like around 8 readings and after my last one, I just felt lightheaded, a bit dizzy and weak. I am not sleepy, not drunk, nor on any medication. I was in perfect condition but all of a suddened I just felt sick after my last reading. I stopped and relax then after over an hour I was fine.

Does too much tarot reading drains your spiritual soul and directly affects physical body? or I was just being over paranoid...

I guess it was probably I looked into too many negative readings... I should say, people with problems come to me asking to enlighten them.

Grizabella

I think you must have stressed yourself out. I don't get drained but when I was new to reading Tarot, I tried too hard to give good readings and that drained and stressed me after a few. Just relax. You're going to give good readings even if you're afraid you won't. ;) After lots and lots of practice, it will get easier.

Umbrae

BlueBird5 said:
I was wondering because last night I did like around 8 readings and after my last one, I just felt lightheaded, a bit dizzy and weak. I am not sleepy, not drunk, nor on any medication. I was in perfect condition but all of a suddened I just felt sick after my last reading. I stopped and relax then after over an hour I was fine.

Does too much tarot reading drains your spiritual soul and directly affects physical body? or I was just being over paranoid...
Trust me on this one...water. Increase water intake and this all vanishes...

BlueBird5

thank you all... I will take your advice and hopefully I will handle this effectively.. 8)

starrystarrynight

Another thought is that it may have less to do with reading tarot, per se, for 8 spreads in a day than it does for being in the spotlight for that amount of time, if you are not used to that. It can be stressful having person after person hang on your every word while feeling pressured into "getting it right." You might feel that same type of drain if you were, say, training 8 people--one after another--to do a procedure you weren't quite sure you were explaining well, which had nothing to do with tarot.

In other words, it may not be any kind of spiritual drain brought on by the tarot readings in and of themselves...just the situation you were not used to being in.

SunChariot

BlueBird5 said:
Admin... sorry, I don't know where to put this but admin, pls kindly move to the proper area if needed. thx.

I also used the searched option but didn't work so I will post this one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess it was probably I looked into too many negative readings... I should say, people with problems come to me asking to enlighten them.

You did too many and overtired yourself. It seems that you did not leave yourself enough down time, me time, during the day. That looks like all it was to me.

Personally I think it was the other way around, you overdid and tired yourself mentally and clearly physically as well...and when you exhaust yourself it affects your spirit as well. It seems like you did not take enougn down time in your day, stuffed in too many readings too close together with not enuogh rest.

That being said I rarely do more than one reading a day, two would be a lot for me personally, but my readings do tend to be long. LOL

And no personally I do not tend to get stressed from reading. But I only read for others remotely, so when I feel at bit tired I just stop and take a break and come back to it and pick up where I left off when I feel more myself.

That's my take on it...

Babs

Le Fanu

8 is a lot (I think)... I think of that as almost 8 lessons. Any teacher will tell you how utterly draining that would be.

What tires in these circumstances is the sense that one is exposed, on show, being scrutinised, and having to deal - inevitably - with palpable "neediness" of clients!

le fey

It seems to me that it is difficult to get a good reading without using empathic energy, so it can be very draining to reach out empathically to understand the reading while at the same time maintaining enough distance not to be drained by the emotions they bring to the reading.

Lots of water, down time and grounding help... the point where your're draining your energy in the service of theirs is when its time to quit for awhile and renew yourself. That drained feeling is your inner Scotty saying 'the engine's canna handle much morrre, Captain!'

(slinking away in shame at the Star Trek reference....)

nisaba

BlueBird5 said:

Well ... to me it doesn't feel like stress. In fact, it feels like anti-stress, of being unconnected and un-plugged-in to your own body. As you say, light-headed and dizzy and a bit weak. I think it's called being ungrounded. These days, I get that way after four back-to-back readings, or if I have breaks, after the eighth reading in the day. Seven is fine, but eight pushes me over into that altered state of consciousness. It's not safe to drive in that state, but it's not being ill or sick at all. All it is, is being ungrounded. Try new-age grounding techniques, but I find nothing pull you back into your body and gets you feeling normal like a cup of really good coffee, something solid to wash it down with, and maybe a walk of only a few minutes (rain or shine).

Don't feel bad if fewer readings gets you into that state: I know one woman whose absolute maximum is four readings in a week, even if they happen one per day.