Do you need a book with your lenormand deck?

danielnogo

Hey everyone, wanted to get your opinion on something. I am releasing my Storybook Lenormand in about two weeks, and I have a dilemma that I'm hoping you can help me solve.
Do you need a book with every lenormand deck you buy? Is it a dealbreaker for it not to include a LWB? The only reason I ask is because I will be able to release it much sooner if I'm not required to include a book, and I am not a lenormand expert in any case, so I don't know how much people would benefit from my knowledge.

What do you think, is not including a book a deal breaker for you?

Here's a sample of my deck:

9CROWXQ.png

4WXMCyS.png

WfrI0vX.png

greatdane

Not for me, Daniel

I read how I read. I wouldn't use a book as I have my way of looking at the cards.

However, for someone brand new to Lenormand or someone who doesn't have their way of reading or someone who likes exploring options, maybe it would be a dealbreaker to not have one. I can only speak for me and say, no, in fact, I don't care if there is or isn't one.

Padma

New readers would benefit, as GD says - you could always keep your card meanings very brief and to the point, so they would at least have some blueprint to follow in the beginning!

But myself I would not need a book, I have plenty here at home.

greatdane

Oh right, LP!

You mentioned books. A new reader getting this as their FIRST ever Lenormand would likely expect...something. At least a little booklet.

Miss Divine

I think every deck, just like a tarot deck should come with atleast a LWB. Even though I hardly ever read them, I would find it strange to receive a deck without one. Especially people new to Lenormand would expect atleast a teeny tiny LWB I would imagine.

Miss Divine

You mentioned books. A new reader getting this as their FIRST ever Lenormand would likely expect...something. At least a little booklet.

Exactly!

GotH

I don't need a book but I would still want one. :)

Book it Dano! ;)

ohhappyday72

I must agree with everyone else...

I would not need a LWB, as I have other resources, but if someone buys it having no lennie knowledge or background, they should have a LWB.

Btw - your deck looks like it will be lovely!! Best wishes!

danielnogo

I think I will do a book. I've attempted some writing what do you think?

2. The Clover.

"Once upon a time, in a small town in a war torn kingdom, a magical leprechaun disguised as a beggar walked through the city gates to the part of town where an old women lived, and a well sat outside her house, which was in dire disrepair.
The women saw him trying to pump water from the dried up well, and told him "it's no use, and if you don't want to freeze to death in the snow you better come inside. She took pity upon him and fed him and housed him for the night, even though she had very little to offer, a small amount of oil, very little flower, and a small jug of water she had no doubt traveled all day to get.

The next morning he asked her why were you kind to me, as a stranger you did not know from a foreign land?", she said "I would hope someone would do that for me." He handed her a clover and said "And I would hope someone would do THIS for me", he snapped his fingers, and the well started running outside, her oil jar filled up to it's maximum capacity, her coin purse jingled as extra coins filled it. "This good fortune will only last as long as the clover is fresh and green. Use it wisely, may the gods bless you for helping a stranger." With that he snapped his fingers and disappeared, her oil never ran dry while the clover stayed fresh, just like he said, her well kept producing water, she had plenty of flour to make dozens of loafs of bread. Eventually things went back to normal, slowly, as the clover browned, her luck slowly stopped, but she sure did remember that leprechaun fondly.

She kept the dried up clover folded in her favorite book on the shelf."

A small amount of luck. Small improvements. Short term gains. Can also mean grass or green plants.

Padma

Considering it is a storybook Lennie, that is an interesting way to do your LWB, Daniel :)

It will take you longer, though, if you do the stories! And, will it all fit in an LWB that will fit in the box with your deck...?

ETA not trying to discourage you though! Just mentioning things to consider! I liked your little Clover story!