Do you read into coincidences?

bluelagune

Hi. Do any of you read into coincidences? I'm curious to know if they have any meanings.

The reason I'm asking is that a few weeks ago I met this guy and he has been trying his best to "get to know me" ... I am now sure that he is interested in me romantically. However, he looks like my ex and it is just creeping me out. His name starts with same initials: the first and the last as my ex. So for some crazy reason I decided to look up my ex and his now gfd looks like me and has both first and last name initials same as me. I am not planning to get back with my ex or contacting him or getting involved with this guy ... but my allarm bells are just going off....

If anyone here had similar experience, please share what you did or what happened?

celticnoodle

Hi. Do any of you read into coincidences? I'm curious to know if they have any meanings.

The reason I'm asking is that a few weeks ago I met this guy and he has been trying his best to "get to know me" ... I am now sure that he is interested in me romantically. However, he looks like my ex and it is just creeping me out. His name starts with same initials: the first and the last as my ex. So for some crazy reason I decided to look up my ex and his now gfd looks like me and has both first and last name initials same as me. I am not planning to get back with my ex or contacting him or getting involved with this guy ... but my allarm bells are just going off....

If anyone here had similar experience, please share what you did or what happened?

yes. My husband has the same initials as one of my ex's from a long time before him. My husband also has the same kind of build and color hair and eyes. However, my ex is my ex. My husband is a much better man, and very responsible (where the ex was not). In fact, most of my ex's tend to look about the same--same body build, generally the same color hair and eyes. *shrugs* But, when I came across this man that is now my husband, I knew after a few dates that he was the one to hold onto and not about to let him become an "ex". :D

If you are creeped out by the fact that this man reminds you too much of your ex, then apparently you're not ready to date him. But keep in mind they are two different men--and there are going to be tons of men out there who could resemble your ex with the same body build, hair and eye color and perhaps even the same initials. the same intials is a bit of a weird chance, but that also happened with me. However, I also had other exes in between too. I also dated two guys (different times) who had the same first name and also same hair color and eye color. So what? It doesn't mean they are the same type of man.

bluelagune

yes. My husband has the same initials as one of my ex's from a long time before him. My husband also has the same kind of build and color hair and eyes. However, my ex is my ex. My husband is a much better man, and very responsible (where the ex was not). In fact, most of my ex's tend to look about the same--same body build, generally the same color hair and eyes. *shrugs* But, when I came across this man that is now my husband, I knew after a few dates that he was the one to hold onto and not about to let him become an "ex". :D

If you are creeped out by the fact that this man reminds you too much of your ex, then apparently you're not ready to date him. But keep in mind they are two different men--and there are going to be tons of men out there who could resemble your ex with the same body build, hair and eye color and perhaps even the same initials. the same intials is a bit of a weird chance, but that also happened with me. However, I also had other exes in between too. I also dated two guys (different times) who had the same first name and also same hair color and eye color. So what? It doesn't mean they are the same type of man.

Thank you. I kinda thought Im going little crazy ;)
I do understand that we are attracted to same type of people but the initials on both sides were kinda strange. So I was thinking maybe there is a universal msg or Karma or some "I need to learn this" type of msg. Also, another thing I just noticed, is that this new guy is trying defferent techniques on me: he played a charmer, then neutral, last week it was an ahole and I think it makes him angry that I'm not budging. Yesterday, he clamed me as teritory to another guy on our social site. It was strange as he acts exactly as my ex ... except this time I am providing no response.... maybe my lesson is to sit and watch?

zayats

Regardless of whether it's random or not, the guy is displaying some serious red flags, sounds like a controlling person. Maybe this is some lesson related to your ex and some patterns or maybe not. Maybe it just tells you to trust your gut :)

I remember I had some strange co-indicences occurring with some guys I met (not necessarily dated or romantic interests), and there was always a lesson in there. It doesn't mean I had to be involved and interact with them, but just pay attention and observe, as you say.

bluelagune

Regardless of whether it's random or not, the guy is displaying some serious red flags, sounds like a controlling person. Maybe this is some lesson related to your ex and some patterns or maybe not. Maybe it just tells you to trust your gut :)

I remember I had some strange co-indicences occurring with some guys I met (not necessarily dated or romantic interests), and there was always a lesson in there. It doesn't mean I had to be involved and interact with them, but just pay attention and observe, as you say.

Thank you zayats. Yes, I can see the red flags and my alarm bells are going off. He does not mean anything to me so it is easy to keep him on a distance :)

However, I'll keep you all posted on this coincidence thing.. :)

Tanga

Also, another thing I just noticed, is that this new guy is trying defferent techniques on me: he played a charmer, then neutral, last week it was an ahole and I think it makes him angry that I'm not budging. Yesterday, he clamed me as teritory to another guy on our social site. It was strange as he acts exactly as my ex ... except this time I am providing no response.... maybe my lesson is to sit and watch?

:) co-incidences do happen. And as you state - we are usually attracted to a particular type of look etc. so that tends to "recur". (mostly Lol.)
Should there be any lesson at all?
They guy can't take no for an answer and is being an ass - seems to me. :)

When I knock against strings of co-incidence in my life, they're usually good ones and it's a sign that at that present time I'm really "in the flow". So - when it's not happening I'm more aware that I need to work harder to keep things balanced for myself.

bluelagune

:) co-incidences do happen. And as you state - we are usually attracted to a particular type of look etc. so that tends to "recur". (mostly Lol.)
Should there be any lesson at all?
They guy can't take no for an answer and is being an ass - seems to me. :)

When I knock against strings of co-incidence in my life, they're usually good ones and it's a sign that at that present time I'm really "in the flow". So - when it's not happening I'm more aware that I need to work harder to keep things balanced for myself.

Thank you Tanga,

Well another coincidence! I was sitting in the restaurant on saturday and had to do a doubletake because I thought I saw my ex. The guy did look like him and i had goosebumps run down my body. I never see any of my ex-bfds doubleganger, just this one. Sometimes I see a face of a woman from work in the croud so I'm not sure if this means anything.