Does your mood effect the card that come up?

gingerstar

I was wondering does anyone find that their mood or state of mind effects what cards come out in a reading they might be doing at the time?

gingerstar

tantricknite

Yes I think thats true.It's always best to do readings when your relaxed and not worrying about things.You certainly can't give an accurate reading to someone else if your all wound up in some drama or something.The cards will reflect your energy so if you have issues they will surface in the readings.When your reading for some one else you need to link your self to that person so you need to be a clean clear link......

Grizabella

I don't think it's the cards that reflect it, I think it's that the way we read them and our frame of mind that reflects it. In other words, the same cards would come up whether we were in a good mood or stressed mood but the way we'd see them and read them would be different.

Sophie

A lot!!! My moods, if they are in one of the extremes, basically direct the cards I get. That's usually a signal for me to put the cards away...But I find that normal. Cards reflect our life, and when we are in a strong bubbly or despairing mood, that is the mirror we shall get.

When I am calm and serene - and above all detached - then I can be more secure that the cards I get are those I should be getting for the situation - then comes the more difficult trick of interpreting them for myself. I usually leave my cards out some time - occasionally for days - so that I work through them over time (and in that time my mood will change, but the cards stay the same).

gingerstar

Its funny I did a reading a few days ago on an issue that's come up for me and the cards that came up seemed all doom and gloom and I kinda felt a bit like that before hand.

So I did another reading today after I had resolved the issue in my head and was feeling positive about it and the cards that came up painted a much nicer picture.

I think i need to take more time to relax and focus and ground myself before doing future readings so its more objective!

gingerstar

Niti

I find that it can, but not that it always does. If you are able to clear your mind and separate your focus away from whatever else has been on your mind, the cards that come up in the reading should not reflect your mood. In some cases, usually after/before a big event, or when your mood is in at an extreme, it is harder or impossible to completely take your mind off outside distractions (you might notice your mind drifting repeatedly to something else as you shuffle), and in those cases, your cards may reflect your mood.

Debra

Oh boy. Always. I assumed it was the same for everyone. I have a lot to learn!

Ellie121

I know that for me it definitely does-
lately ive been so moody and anxious that i wont do a reading for anyone- not even myself; it wouldnt be fair.

Everytime i try to sit down with the cards and relax theres a major block. Its been there for a while. When i get myself together i will be able to re-connect myself finally :)

Silver_Skye

gingerstar said:
Its funny I did a reading a few days ago on an issue that's come up for me and the cards that came up seemed all doom and gloom and I kinda felt a bit like that before hand.

So I did another reading today after I had resolved the issue in my head and was feeling positive about it and the cards that came up painted a much nicer picture.

I think i need to take more time to relax and focus and ground myself before doing future readings so its more objective!

gingerstar

Do you think it's possible that this effect was not actually your mood, but rather the fact that you'd resolved it in your own mind?

Perhaps you were reading on the unresolved problem before and then the second day you were actually reading on your solution to the problem?

Therefore providing readings in two different tones?

GoddessArtemis

Oh yea, my mood definitely affects the way the cards turn up. If I'm anxious or agitated, the cards often reflect it. I now try to meditate and ground myself before reading...otherwise, the cards look a mess!

GA