DOWSING:invoking a sacred spirit before work with pendulum?

alexev

Hello

I have been told that it is very convenient to invoke a sacred spirit like an Angel for he to be present on session(or doing a protective ritual) in order him to avoid negative presences interfere with the answers. do you know if it is so?

Sophie

I don't suppose it does any harm...and if it makes you feel more confident, why not? I suppose it's a bit like reading tarot. Some people need all sorts of rituals, some don't.

I've been dowsing and using a pendulum and geomantic sticks for nearly 10 years, and never invoked any kind of spirit for that activity, nor have I been interfered with by any negative presence. When I get an answer or find a lost object, I thank the divine - that's about it.

Do what you are comfortable with. I invoke angels and spirits at other times - for example, I might ask for protective or healing help in specific circumstances for someone who needs it.

willowfox

I think it is quite unnecessary, try to keep what you are doing as simple as possible and not to over complicate the issue as it can lead to confusion and not knowing what you are actually meant to be doing.

memries

Yes Alexev I think you should protect yourself in some way before you delve.
Personally, I say the Lord's Prayer before reading or anything for a stranger.
You could surround yourself with white Light or any short form you feel protects you.
I do not do it so much for friends but when you are dealing with the unknown it is a good idea.

Tarotphelia

I just got a new pendulum , and so I cleansed it and dedicated it to the light , programmed to only allow messages from the high guides . I think protecting yourself beforehand is always a good idea , and it certainly would not hurt to ask to have an angel around if you want one .

Disa

hmm is it possible that your guide is the one moving the pendulum?

Tarotphelia

Anything is possible . But in matters spiritual it pays to remember to be specific in your requests and intentions , lest you get whatever comes along otherwise and it may not be to your liking or in your best interest .

celestia

Jhevhe

Dear Alexev, I have quite experience of meditating and dowsing.

I feel sometimes negative energies that make difficoult to get a right answer.

We are persons, not Gods, so it is normal that sometimes, when we are not centered, we allow negative energies to enter in ourselves and, as we are the mean of the Pendulum, it is a problem for the answer.

I go straight to God, to the Creator help and ask:

Jhevhe, God, my Father, please, let me know...
and then the question.
Obviously, as you surely know, meditative lifestyle helps to get right answer but we always need an higher guide.

Why ask help to other Spirits if all we can have the Higher help of our Father God Jhevhe?
Also, it is the most simple giude to contact as our counsciousness and God are One, so He is so near everybody of us, He is into everyone of us.

Love and Light

Waterfaery

It really depends

Whether or not I call on someone depends on what I am doing and who I am using the pendulum for. For myself, I call on the Mother Goddess and The One to guide me and then proceed with the reading. For friends, family, and people that I know well, I generally do the same but ask for a blessing for the pendulum to guide the answers for them rather than for myself (let's face it, we all connect a little too well with our tools on occasion). For strangers, a protective ritual or spirit is definitely a good idea. You don't know these people, don't know what you may be opening yourself up to or what could be the result. In the end, do what feels right for you.

Blessings!

StellarMyst

I agree with this. I ask the Heavenly Father to help with weighty (to me) issues as well. IMHO for me, there is no better way to seek and receive answers when doing really anything I find to be a bit difficult. If it seems to be posing a challenge even slightly, it's best to seek guidence from a higher power (God, The Virgin Mary, Angels, Spirit Guide, any Patron Saint of the issue at hand... etc. - any one or more of these). ;)

Whether for Tarot, or Past Life Regression, or some other work, I always receive what it is best for me to know at that particular time - and this is what I ask to have happen. If Those Above see some information as not right for me at this time, I wait patiently. After all, if it is good for me, it will come into being in good time.

I have asked God many times for help with the things I mentioned above, and every time, I got an answer promptly! I started to think that I might be in danger of abusing such a blessing! In such times as fear of abusing this, I ask it if it be His Will that I am able/allowed to do whatever it is I'm requesting.

Blessings,

StellarMyst