dream about stalking and kidnapping

cherrypie

So last night and this morning I had 2 dreams, the first one was about me being stalked by some african taxi driver ... I stepped in a cab with him once and ever since then this guy was stalking and chasing me telling me he's never going to let me go. He was following me everywhere and I was hiding from him. Luckily he didn't catch me in that dream. For some reason I was somewhere in a flat and I called my mother and woke up. I am a black woman myself, could this have something to do with my ancestors or the man I was dating before ?

When I fell back asleep later on I dreamed about a white man and a black woman that had a child together and her name was Imelda ( I swear I do NOT know anyone by that name, nor have I ever seen that couple ) their daughter was kidnapped ... it was very sad and frightening at least that;s how I felt , I really don't remember much after I woke up.

Can somebody please explain what this dream means.

thanks in advance,
Cherry

Milfoil

It's difficult to say but this could be about feeling fear and self doubt - the victim mentality so to speak. Sometimes issues in life seem to threaten us, the opposing opinions and ways of working can challenge our ethical being and lead to to us retreating from the threat instead of standing our ground.

There are, of course, people around us who can be very draining to be with. The seem to feed of the energy and vitality of others leaving us drained and reeling. The fact that the 2nd dream was about a child actually being kidnapped, suggests that the innocent, naive part of you that is incapable of challenging or defending herself has been injured or co-opted in some way by a circumstance or situation in life which makes you feel that you have no control and consequently you feel stressed or panic.

It could be that a person known to you, you feel threatened by . . .

I wonder if any of the above make sense?

cherrypie

It's difficult to say but this could be about feeling fear and self doubt - the victim mentality so to speak. Sometimes issues in life seem to threaten us, the opposing opinions and ways of working can challenge our ethical being and lead to to us retreating from the threat instead of standing our ground.

There are, of course, people around us who can be very draining to be with. The seem to feed of the energy and vitality of others leaving us drained and reeling. The fact that the 2nd dream was about a child actually being kidnapped, suggests that the innocent, naive part of you that is incapable of challenging or defending herself has been injured or co-opted in some way by a circumstance or situation in life which makes you feel that you have no control and consequently you feel stressed or panic.

It could be that a person known to you, you feel threatened by . . .

I wonder if any of the above make sense?

Thank you for your interpretation, however I don't feel like a victim at all, nor do I have self doubt. I`m actually at a point where I am more confident in myself than I ever was.
And to be honest there's no one at this point that I feel threatened by.

Milfoil

No worries, dreams are so very specific to the dreamer that anyone else interpreting can only ever attempt to view the dreamers description through their own internal references and framework of understanding.

What is your instinctive, or gut feeling about this? Do you feel it is an issue with an Ex partner or could it be something you watched on TV the night before. I can't count the dreams I have had which were influenced by the film I watched prior to sleep or the book I was reading . . . Consequently, the meaning was unclear.

cherrypie

No worries, dreams are so very specific to the dreamer that anyone else interpreting can only ever attempt to view the dreamers description through their own internal references and framework of understanding.

What is your instinctive, or gut feeling about this? Do you feel it is an issue with an Ex partner or could it be something you watched on TV the night before. I can't count the dreams I have had which were influenced by the film I watched prior to sleep or the book I was reading . . . Consequently, the meaning was unclear.

Maybe it has something to do with my ex, maybe subconciously I didn't let go and the situation keeps following me. I still have no idea where that kidnapping dream is coming from.