Dream Interpretation

LadyEvil

Had a really strange dream last night. I was on my way to a new job (first day too) and I got lost. At a certain point the road disappeared and its place takes a small pond, quite shallow (looked more like a wide puddle with rocks and transparent still water). As I was about to walk through it, an old lady dressed in black called me out and stopped me, claiming it's more deep and dangerous than it seemed and that she'd call the boatman for me to take me to the otherside of the pond. After this she gave me a loaf of freshly baked homemade bread and her blessing as I got in the boat. Then we crossed the pond and I went to work. After that the Stark family appears but that's probably irrelevant! :p What troubled me was the presence of the old lady (very caring and cheerfull) at the specific moment and the whole bread/ blessing thing. Does anybody know how to interprate this? :/

Kahlie

Sounds like a searching dream to me with a warning to pursue paths that bring you emotional satisfaction and material fulfillment.

You are starting a new venture, but on the way you find an obstacle (the pond). Ponds naturally signify emotions to me and a time out. Like you need some reflection. Instead, you choose to want to walk through it, as the goal is more important (aka where in your life are you charging forward?).

A wiser figure (part of you) steps in and warns you. It looks like a crone figure, a wiser woman who can be your guide if you let her. She blesses you with extra sustenance (bread). (Is there not enough grounding and/or satisfaction in your life?) The other blessing again, is like a go-ahead. Do you feel you need to receive a go-ahead somewhere in your life?

The Stark Family can be relevant ;) They all went on searching/finding themselves quests. Not sure if you read the books or are watching the show. All of them move into different directions, some more spiritual then others, all of them are required to change. Don't want to spoil anything, so not saying what happens.

LadyEvil

thank you for your response! It was very insightfull :) Another person told me it might be some sort of protection from a divine force (the crone as you mentioned or the Virgin Mary depending on one's beliefs) and it is weird because I had a bunch of "protection" dreams in the past and thinking about it right now it makes my skin crawl (in a good way). As for the Starks, you might be right, I hadn't thought of it this way.... And no spoilers for me, I've read all the books, can't wait for the last one! :D

Kahlie

thank you for your response! It was very insightfull :) Another person told me it might be some sort of protection from a divine force (the crone as you mentioned or the Virgin Mary depending on one's beliefs) and it is weird because I had a bunch of "protection" dreams in the past and thinking about it right now it makes my skin crawl (in a good way). As for the Starks, you might be right, I hadn't thought of it this way.... And no spoilers for me, I've read all the books, can't wait for the last one! :D

It could also be divine protection indeed. Protection dreams are very strong and can be frighteningly intense. I read all the books as well and can't wait to hear the rest of the story. For me, when thinking of a Stark in black, I'd think of the Mother of the Starks. She was a bit in the dark about important things, but she did pull through and forged her way ahead.