Dream of being Surrogate mum!

Dancing Bear

I dreamt the other night i was pregnant.. I was being a surrogate mum for someone ( I know person in real life) not really knowing I was surrogate until half way through the dream.. once i found out the egg wasnt mine nor the father, my husband .. I struggled with the thought of handing over the baby, I knew the baby was not mine technically but i felt too close to this bundle inside to give it over just like that...It was an extremely disturbing emotional dream really and it stayed with me for some time after I woke up.. and still it is with me, I wondered why on earth I would be surrogate to this person in the first place in my dreams, Then i thought bugger it i am keeping this child I always regretted not having a fourth.. then the fact hit me , the child wouldnt be mine really as the egg isnt mine and the sperm not my husbands.. the child would have only been incubated within me for another... I really struggled with all this.. and am still struggling with it.. I wonder if real surrogate mothers go through all this?

I know pregnancy means something coming to fruition. An Idea or Plan becoming successful..

But i have no idea what being a Surrogate Pregnany would mean??
Would the fact i know the person I am carrying child for make any difference? I feel it does really!! I just need to put the jigsaw together ..

Is anyone able to help??

SpiritOfTheDogz

Maybe it's just simply telling you that your fiend needs your help right now with a big issue?

Paul

re-pete-a

The feeling here is that you have issues with hanging onto problems,they sit inside and grow. But only you know the real answer,someone here may awaken the insights,good luck!
________
ANAL BEADS

tarot4fun

DB, this is what I have believed for many years~
It might fit your question about dreaming of being a surrogate mom~ :)

To be willing to take on the responsibility of another life; and to sacrifice your time, energy, and emotions all for the wellbeing of someone else.

Making the choice to be the placenta for someone who can not grow, heal, or be sustained without your assistance- Being the lifeline between the Mother and another. That means wrapping your spiritual arms and heart around someone and going into the cave of the Great Mother- doing the work of transmitting life to another ~ then letting go when they are strong enough to stand up for themselves.

Trusting that your efforts were not in vain; even when the one you helped may never understand the huge process that you went through for their personal wellbeing.
What a blessing, to be allowed to serve for the greater good of another
~

Suz :heart:

MysticalMoose

I find dreams fascinating....the first thought I had when I read thru your dream was that maybe you at some time have had feelings of having being asked to do something beyond "the call of duty".....or.. maybe something going on at present is bigger than you can comfortably handle?...just passing thoughts.....:)

also
Just as a point of conversation...I have friends who are using a surrogate mum at the moment as the wife has a heart condition & it would be risky for her to be pregnant...we have discussed this in detail & she also has nightmares that the birth Mum may want to keep the baby....and she is legally entitled to apparently according to legal advice they have had. It is a very sensitive situation.

memries

It seems to me this is an emotional happening as deeply within you as you can get. Are you worrying for anyone ? Like your children or your husband ?
It is something you cannot own and yet it is so very important to you.
You have nurtured it and yet there is a disconnection you are experiencing.

You go from there to thinking about what you can do about it. You are really helpless here. Disempowered with no control over the outcome.

Logically you can figure it out but emotionally you are not capable.

Just some ideas.. not just sure exactly what of course.

Milfoil

Your dream suggests that you have knowingly taken on and rightly or wrongly 'gestated' or grown an emotional issue of someone elses. You recognise that its not your problem or issue but it feels uncomfortable now to let it go. Deep down you know you have to because it doesn't belong to you.

The fact that the dream was disturbing rather suggests that your subconcious is uncomfortable about all this and knowing the person in your dream could mean that it relates to that person or, that this issue relates to someone you do know in real life as opposed to an aspect of your own personality.

Dancing Bear

Thanks everyone.. it is most definately food for thought...
I have helped this lady in the recent past through readings about an intense situation ,, it has not worked out how it was invisioned by her..Which is unfortunate really as a child is involved.. Maybe due to the reluctance of me being the bearer of the unfortunate news before it became reality .. could have a bearing..
also another meaning could be This person is also set in the material world..Bless her! and I have been in amongst it for a moment trying to set up my home replacing a few items that were worn out and broken down...I enjoyed spending Money I enjoyed getting carried away and mix and matching,... My imagination even went to future purchases LOL!! which is totally not really me , If it serves its purpose and it works I normally dont really care if it matches..But i have gone out on a limb matching things and getting New stuff.. Maybe it is the reluctance of giving this spending spree up, all this new creative energy being channeled in an area i never bothered with before.... as it did feel good LOL!! I can see how it could be addictive LOL!! normally this is her domain..not mine..

Thanks everyone for your responses..

DB xx

Dancing Bear

MysticalMoose said:
I find dreams fascinating....the first thought I had when I read thru your dream was that maybe you at some time have had feelings of having being asked to do something beyond "the call of duty".....or.. maybe something going on at present is bigger than you can comfortably handle?...just passing thoughts.....:)

also
Just as a point of conversation...I have friends who are using a surrogate mum at the moment as the wife has a heart condition & it would be risky for her to be pregnant...we have discussed this in detail & she also has nightmares that the birth Mum may want to keep the baby....and she is legally entitled to apparently according to legal advice they have had. It is a very sensitive situation.

I am forever being asked to give of myself , beyond the call of duty.. I am a reader by profession and medium, so i am forever asked for more..
including by the person i am surrogate mum for..

Your friends are fortunate to find someone willing to help..
After my dream it really has given me a ltitle insight to how it would feel to be the surrogate.. It really was a struggle.. wanting to be close to the gorgeous thing inside me, embracing it with love.. Then kNowing you would have to give it up in the end was a real struggle.. Do you stay detached, so the hurt doesnt hurt so bad in the end.. or do you embrace and have the heart ache at the end.. or do you just not deal with it all at all and embrace it and keep it.. It was a roller coaster dream..

I feel for your friends and may there journey end up a happy one..

Dancing Bear

memries said:
It seems to me this is an emotional happening as deeply within you as you can get. Are you worrying for anyone ? Like your children or your husband ?
It is something you cannot own and yet it is so very important to you.
You have nurtured it and yet there is a disconnection you are experiencing.

You go from there to thinking about what you can do about it. You are really helpless here. Disempowered with no control over the outcome.

Logically you can figure it out but emotionally you are not capable.

Just some ideas.. not just sure exactly what of course.

memries your words have touched a chord in another aspect in my life.. maybe this dream was meant to have many facets as does my life...

I am not hanging onto this issue but do share this story every now and then..recently is has been thrust in my face again for me to handle in another aspect.. as it does and has continuously throughout my life..the feeling of it all being out of my control.... The control i do have is my perception and reaction.. two extremely powerful tools i have ... they are my healers.