Dream of contacting my guide

NamasteIndia

Recently im feeling a urge to contact my spirit guide.
I have started reading books etc to know more about connecting with my guide

Just yesterday i watched the movie 'Drag me to Hell' its about a gypsy curse
Later at night when i went of to sleep i was not able to sleep and throughout the night i was waking up after few minutes.

Also i dreamt that by guide is a gypsy who is urging me to contact her the words were clearly told that get up, dont waste time, connect with me.

I felt that someone was pushing me from behind and asking me to wake up i could not sleep because of this....i did not turn behind to check but thought in my mind that probably my husband is pushing me.

Definitely the pushing was not part of a dream.....it was for real.

What does all this imply??

celticnoodle

I cannot give you a definite answer, but i wonder if it were truly a guide pushing you? i cannot imagine they would do that, as my guides were always quite gentle with me, and not pushy at all. but who knows?

in fact, the very first guide i ever met came to me while i was asleep and tho, he did wake me up--it was done in a very gentle manner. he was surrounded in white light--very bright, and I think that is what actually woke me up. it sort of surprised me that my hubby didn't wake up as well. he is so sensitive to light, that at night our entire home is completely dark, save one little light that is about 20 watts on in a separate room, like the living room---for me--in case i do get up. I also keep a flashlight by my bed till i get to the livingroom. :laugh:

at any rate, i would say someone that is pushing you and sounding like this might actually be a spirit playing with you then a guide. but, as I say--what do I know? perhaps it was your guide. I do hope you are able to make a connection with your guide though. my guides whom I have met have been so special for me and it's really a very comforting feeling i have with them all, each time I do 'see' them. good luck!

NamasteIndia

celticnoodle said:
I cannot give you a definite answer, but i wonder if it were truly a guide pushing you? i cannot imagine they would do that, as my guides were always quite gentle with me, and not pushy at all. but who knows?

in fact, the very first guide i ever met came to me while i was asleep and tho, he did wake me up--it was done in a very gentle manner. he was surrounded in white light--very bright, and I think that is what actually woke me up. it sort of surprised me that my hubby didn't wake up as well. he is so sensitive to light, that at night our entire home is completely dark, save one little light that is about 20 watts on in a separate room, like the living room---for me--in case i do get up. I also keep a flashlight by my bed till i get to the livingroom. :laugh:

at any rate, i would say someone that is pushing you and sounding like this might actually be a spirit playing with you then a guide. but, as I say--what do I know? perhaps it was your guide. I do hope you are able to make a connection with your guide though. my guides whom I have met have been so special for me and it's really a very comforting feeling i have with them all, each time I do 'see' them. good luck!
nice to know about how u met your guides.
yes i agree with you its difficult to really know whether its my guides waking me up or its some vivid imagination.

But whatever it is i need to keep patience and faith and probably gather all my strength to actually find out more about my guides.

mza

Hi NamasteIndia
I kind of agree with celticnoodle that your guide would'nt be rough wit you like that. Considering that you had this dream after watching that film shows to me that there is a possible link with the ideas and images you saw and the dream. I have'nt watched the film myself , have been meaning to by the title scares me :).

You said that you've been meaning to contact your guides and so this is what i believe may have happened. I may be wrong but there's no harm in explaining further. Its normal that when you sleep you'll dream of things that happened during the day as your mind processes these events, but also those things you see will be punctuated with your other thoughts you've had and any other significant feelings you had as well. Take watching that film and fear for example. As i said i have'nt watched the film but the title says quite a lot. Lets say it was a little scary for you. Your subconcious then takes the images from that film (you said you felt your guide was a gypsy which was an element of the film) and combines them with some of your desires (to meet yor guide whom you understand to be a gypsy) and fear (drag me to hell) and you get a dream which may actually look like a scene some horror film. Plus you keep waking up from sleep (oops nearly said from the dead) and a feeling that something is pushing you from the bed. From what you said about finding ways of communicating with your guide you said you've been reading some helpful material and perhaps that might have resulted in you being aware of the astral. That might have been why you kept waking up from sleep and going back to sleep. It can happen that you sleeping and decide to wake up from a nightmare/lucid dream and you actually think you've woken up but have'nt.

I think that dream has something to do with your guide or at the very least being aware of yourself in the astral, but that the images from the film and your thoughts have tainted or rather interferred with the dream so you not really sure if it was a guide or not. Ive heard some negative entities cause nightmares and i think that here the fact you feel a pull on your body (which is actually on your astral body not the physical) means you are on some level partially aware of your astral body. Maybe try contacting your guide when your mind is clear of scary images. Oh that voice you heard is similar to the thoughts you get during the day you know like when you think to yourself or it could have been genuine if your intuition is quite strong. Right you going to think i've gone batty now so i'm off ;). I hope you don't get anymore unpleasant dreams like that when you try to contact your guides, i do think you will manage to anyway. As i said i may be wrong but im just speaking from some experience i've had with one of two similar nightmares.

NamasteIndia

hi manzi,

its difficult for me to come to conclusion whether it was just a dream or a wake up call from my guide.
i totally agree with you that subconscious mind keeps on repeating events of the day through dreams.
and here it could be the case
one of my friend told me that i should contact my guide only when im told to do so through dreams and visions.
recently im getting this strong urge to contact my guide and now this dreams also the pushing, nudging makes me feel that its time now.

i also agree with you about the negative entities giving bad dreams etc. Yes increasing ones spiritual practice can negate the recurring occurence of bad dreams.

i was frequently getting dreams about snakes as a child later on when i studied astrology i realised that there is a sarp yoga in my chart..(planets aligned together in snake like alignment) i did some ceremony and chanting and after that those dreams stopped.

I was told that it was a pastlife curse on me i did quite a lot of remedies to get rid of those curse....home remedies

i had recurring migraine earlier which i was told was due to the curse but after doing remedies the migraine have reduced considerably.

overall i feel that dreams have very important message for us from astral world, from our guides and sometimes from ghost,negative entities.

Milfoil

One of the online descriptions for this movie 'Drag me to Hell' is:

A loan officer who evicts an old woman from her home finds herself the recipient of a supernatural curse. Desperate, she turns to a seer to try and save her soul, while evil forces work to push her to a breaking point.
(my bold)

Most of us have related dreams after watching strong imagery and emotionally reactive stuff on TV or films. In this case it really does sound like your sub conscious is making sense of this mix of ideas, beliefs etc which you are searching through and experiencing right now.

A guide is precisely that and, from my experience and reading that of many, many others, guides never interfere with your freewill. You may be put in certain circumstances in order for you to have the choices which will best serve your personal growth and your community but never forced.

There seem to be 4 main types of dream. The nonsense (sorting stuff out from the day) type dream, the predictive dream which shows a future event, the astral type dream where you experience things happening elsewhere but which don't really have a bearing on your life and the development dream where each metaphor or symbol is a message which both tells you about yourself and helps you make decisions. What you describe, given the circumstances, sounds like the first type and perhaps picks up a little on fears of the spirit world as encouraged by the horror film just experienced.

NamasteIndia

Milfoil said:
One of the online descriptions for this movie 'Drag me to Hell' is:

(my bold)

Most of us have related dreams after watching strong imagery and emotionally reactive stuff on TV or films. In this case it really does sound like your sub conscious is making sense of this mix of ideas, beliefs etc which you are searching through and experiencing right now.

A guide is precisely that and, from my experience and reading that of many, many others, guides never interfere with your freewill. You may be put in certain circumstances in order for you to have the choices which will best serve your personal growth and your community but never forced.

There seem to be 4 main types of dream. The nonsense (sorting stuff out from the day) type dream, the predictive dream which shows a future event, the astral type dream where you experience things happening elsewhere but which don't really have a bearing on your life and the development dream where each metaphor or symbol is a message which both tells you about yourself and helps you make decisions. What you describe, given the circumstances, sounds like the first type and perhaps picks up a little on fears of the spirit world as encouraged by the horror film just experienced.

Hi Milfoil,

I wanted to share that while my husband was surfing the channels i saw the movie running and found it interesting but our son would not let us watch the movie he wanted to watch cartoon.

After lot of persuading and over 10 minutes of requesting him he allowed me to watch the movie

I found the movie very interesting especially the Lamia, the gypsy curse, seance to contact spirit etc

So after movie got over i was surfing net to find out about gypsy culture, gypsy tarot readers etc but was not getting much info.

Then i went to sleep and saw this dream and the urging feelings and someone pushing me.

Next day when i was surfing aeclectic somehow i ended up reading Mary Greer's blog and saw a video she had posted about Rudika a gypsy fortune teller.

Its not just some coincidence but synchroncity of events which lead me to this link and then i saw series of videos about gypsies and fortune telling, their similarity with indian culture and language.

I really feel that universe wants to tell me something.....

NamasteIndia

Milfoil said:
It does sound as though you are being shown something doesn't it. I say follow the trail of breadcrumbs and see where it leads.

There is an interesting book called 'Bury me Standing' about the Gypsy culture in Europe which may interest you.

http://www.amazon.com/Bury-Me-Standing-Gypsies-Journey/dp/067973743X
thanks i will check out the book.
definitely i might have lived as a gypsy in pastlife
i love dressing up in skirts and right from childhood loved the mirrored outfits.