Dream of lights being broken.

Queen Hippolyta

Last night I had a strange dream. I dreamed that at the end of my road, my landlord had installed three security lights. They were round and very large about ten feet long. Kind of like the lights you see in football stadiums. One was installed about one story high, the other two were about two stories off the ground.

Well I dreamed that I was at the end of the street looking at them and all three were smashed. In the dream I heard two neighbors talking about the lights saying "'The Smiths' (a family in the neighborhood that I don't want to say their real name) did that and the landlord just put those up!" "Do you think we should tell the landlord that the Smiths did that?"

Now I should tell you that I think I know what this dream means. "the Smiths" are trouble makers in the neighborhood. If the dream means what I think it does they are about to do something and they don't want people to see it.
I am just wondering what? Those were very big lights that were smashed in the dream. So this must be something big.

Am I correct?

Milfoil

Dreams are rarely literal but the prophetic ones can be more so yet still with lots of metaphor mixed in. Given that your landlord hasn't actually installed these security lights, perhaps those could be seen as a metaphor for how secure you feel about the world around you (outside your home)? You could be right about this local family doing something but only time will tell.

The other way to look at it is that if your home represents how you present yourself to the world, then the landlord could represent that part of you which trusts to a greater source for protection. The lights may indicate that attempts made in your life 'enlighten' oneself and those around or to bring illumination or understanding to the dark aspects may have been compromised.

Everyone seems to know who did this which suggests that a well known or acknowledged issue in recent life seems to be compromising some of the security or progress made recently. Whether or not to tell the Landlord would suggest not knowing if the usual ways of dealing with such an issue will cause more problems or actually help?

The other possibility that came to mind was that of someone you know but don't trust, manipulating a situation to keep you in the dark about something which you were getting close to uncovering.

Divina

Hi I wanted to come in and ask why the number three was significant to you?

In dreams it can be interpreted as pride, bravery, brilliance... brilliance seems to go with bright lightness and lights.

Lights are about illumination of course "having a lightbulb idea"
They also represent truth "truth and light" and quick insight and intuition.

Being that they are shattered it's like having hopes dashed and lost faith.

The landlord could represent your more logical side coming to help you out when the lights aren't there.

If you look at "The Smiths" as being intruders it suggests a need to change an attitude.

Queen Hippolyta

"Given that your landlord hasn't actually installed these security lights, perhaps those could be seen as a metaphor for how secure you feel about the world around you (outside your home)? You could be right about this local family doing something but only time will tell."

My landlord is the kind that would not actually put up the lights unless a court order was put upon him to do so or HIS stuff was at risk.

How secure do I feel? I live in a hell hole. The "Smiths" are the worst of the worst. They are not the only trouble, but everyone knows they are the biggest problem.

"The other way to look at it is that if your home represents how you present yourself to the world, then the landlord could represent that part of you which trusts to a greater source for protection. The lights may indicate that attempts made in your life 'enlighten' oneself and those around or to bring illumination or understanding to the dark aspects may have been compromised."

The landlord is no help what so ever. Never has been never will be.

I will say this. The part of the street that had lights on it. I suspect the "Smiths" and others were doing something illegal. ie selling buying drugs (hey I will say it)

"Everyone seems to know who did this which suggests that a well known or acknowledged issue in recent life seems to be compromising some of the security or progress made recently. Whether or not to tell the Landlord would suggest not knowing if the usual ways of dealing with such an issue will cause more problems or actually help?"

Everyone on the street wanted the landlord to do something about the "Smiths" but have realized that he will not. Hence "should we tell him?" As in I have a feeling "will it really matter".

"The other possibility that came to mind was that of someone you know but don't trust, manipulating a situation to keep you in the dark about something which you were getting close to uncovering."

That is what I suspect. They are always up to something bad. How close was I? What do they not want me to see? I knew as soon as I saw smashed lights and that "they did it" they were trying to keep me, and the rest of the neighborhood from "seeing something". I am wondering "what"?

Queen Hippolyta

"Hi I wanted to come in and ask why the number three was significant to you?"

Three neighbors that are serious F*** heads!

"In dreams it can be interpreted as pride, bravery, brilliance... brilliance seems to go with bright lightness and lights.

"The landlord could represent your more logical side coming to help you out when the lights aren't there."

The landlord has been no help now or in the past. I don't hold my breath that he will be so in the future.

"If you look at "The Smiths" as being intruders it suggests a need to change an attitude."

They are not intruders. They are troublemakers. I do not say this lightly. I merely count the many times the police have been to their trailer, and they have been taken to jail. See my point? Can you say "grand jury"? Yea, it is kinda like that. These people have even vandalized the landlord's property, yet they are still here.
Now I have dreamed this. I have very disturbed. Something is about to happen. I fear they are about to do something big. Those were very big lights they smashed in my dream. So they wish to hide something from the rest of us.

Rede Seeker

Trust your instincts

My advice is to stay close to home until the trouble from the 'Smiths' has manifested and passed. Keep an eye on your Family and friends. Check your house - is it secure, would motion detection lighting be a good idea, keep your car parked in a well lit area and all the doors locked, set protective wards around your Home.

Learn from the Curse of Kassandra...people won't believe you when your raise an alarm. The best you can do is take care of yourself and your Loved Ones and wait for the trouble to pass.

Divina

OT the dream interpretation. I can sympathize. I don't live in the best area.

I would suggest the same in laying low.

But also there is a lot to be said about how you can protect yourself through kindness. They know how to be horrible if you show them that they'll already know it. If you show them it doesn't frighten you and show kindness toward them, they won't have a clue and will probably end up more afraid of you.

Queen Hippolyta

New Development!!

Well everyone no sooner do I have this dream than I learn something of "The Smiths" today! They have been evicted. They have until January to get out. They have already been to court about it and it has been decided.

Now here in lies several problems. We live in a trailer park, they rent the lot not their trailer. So getting up and moving is not easy and cheap. Plus the fact that we could have bad snow in January and moving may not be possible.

I remember they once said that if the landlord ever evicted them, they would cause trouble "on the way out".

Queen Hippolyta

Rede Seeker said:
My advice is to stay close to home until the trouble from the 'Smiths' has manifested and passed. Keep an eye on your Family and friends. Check your house - is it secure, would motion detection lighting be a good idea, keep your car parked in a well lit area and all the doors locked, set protective wards around your Home.

Learn from the Curse of Kassandra...people won't believe you when your raise an alarm. The best you can do is take care of yourself and your Loved Ones and wait for the trouble to pass.

You know what Rede, no sooner had you said that, had I done just that! When I was told "the Smiths" had been evicted I warned the person who told me to be careful, and I am going to warn several other neighbors. I know these people will try something it is just a matter of what. I remember their threat and I know they mean it. They have done it before. They have damaged property just out of spite. There is nothing to stop them now.