God and thunder...

jfiallo0982

OMG I had a terrifying dream last night!!!! Im still scared!

I was on my knees praying out side in my mothers house, and I started hearing thunder and gods voice, telling me he was sending death after me, and I started asking for forgiveness and I got scare the thunder would hit me and ran inside.

Inside I sat in my mothers bed and she was trying to calm me, then my sister came in saying she dreamed the same thing, then they both hugged me and told me lets pray together, then the thunder started again and they left me alone.

Probably it doesn't sound like much, but I was raised in religion and I woke up terrified!!! Somebody help please!!!!!!! Tell me this doesn't mean what I think it does!!

amethyst57

mom, sis, and home could be your feelings of vulnerability,closeness, protection...

and this may sound silly....are you certain it was God's voice? what was the tone and type of voice?
sometimes a benevolent voice could be the Self talking...

your kneeling and praying could signify your humility and anxiety about some issue about to happen in your life...
thunder in a dream denotes a emotional release or outburst to come...

would you perchance be thinking of leaving them behind,
relocating somewhere?

mza

jfiallo0982 said:

Probably it doesn't sound like much, but I was raised in religion and I woke up terrified!!! Somebody help please!!!!!!! Tell me this doesn't mean what I think it does!!
Maybe its your mind playing tricks on you. You may be feeling guilty about believing in divination and using tarot (if you are), and other such things. Hope not anyway am just guessing.

Netzach

When we are asleep our thoughts become symbols so dreams should very rarely - if ever - be taken at face value. What does 'the voice of God' mean to you? And what do your mother and sister signify. Suppose you were reading some oracle cards and you turned over one which was called 'the voice of God' and then another with 'sister' and a third with 'mother'. How would you read them?

Sometimes it helps to put yourself into the other characters in the dream and try to see what they thought it was about. What does it feel like to the 'the voice' for example?

It sounds a very scary dream . . . but we all have them from time to time and, quite often, there's no logical explanation.

celticnoodle

jfiallo0982 said:

I was on my knees praying out side in my mothers house, and I started hearing thunder and gods voice, telling me he was sending death after me, and I started asking for forgiveness and I got scare the thunder would hit me and ran inside.

being on your knees suggests you are feeling anxious about not being in control of a situation. you may be handling more then you feel capable to handle in a situation. praying suggests your humility. it can also suggest that that you are worried about a situation at hand. perhaps because it was at your mothers home, this situation has something to do with your mother or even your family. though, it can mean instead that this situation is more about your comfort at large and feeling independent and secure.

the thunder signifies anger and perhaps indicates your need to pay attention to something going on, but also keeping your cool with it. it may or may not be you losing control and being angry, but the anger could be directed at you, which could be why you are feeling so fearful in this dream.

Inside I sat in my mothers bed and she was trying to calm me, then my sister came in saying she dreamed the same thing, then they both hugged me and told me lets pray together, then the thunder started again and they left me alone.

your mother is symbolic of security and calming. your sister can be a spiritual issue at hand for you, or it can be symbolizing the role you and your sister share together with each other and in the family unit. I am leaning more towards the spiritual symbolism however, mainly because of the praying and the thunder and your thoughts of God sending death to you.

in my opinion this whole dream sounds very spiritual to me, especially since you also noted how spiritual your upbringing was. are you perhaps having some issues with your current path with tarot or other forms of divination, as mzansi-afrika mentioned? it seems to me you are looking for some validation from family members that your pursuit in this area is okay and not against God. but this is just my thoughts.

jfiallo0982

Im not leaving anybody behind, but my mom recently moved here with me. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I had to go thru alot to bring her here, it was a long process and she seemed eager, now she's been here for a month and already she wants to go back.
She doesn't directly say it, but she is always complaining.
Maybe is because Im angry about this, she is sad cause she left my brother (who is 26!) behind, yet she gave me away when I was 12!!!!!
Maybe that has something to do with the dream, But I still dont get why God would be there??!!!

Thanks everybody for your answers and your precious time♥

Rede Seeker

Piety and Change

When in the presence of the Mysterium Tremendum (ref. 'The Idea of the Holy' by Rudolph Otto), the natural response is to kneel.

My rede on your dream is that you are earnestly seeking guidance from your Higher Power. Your Higher Power came as you asked andanswered your prayer in a way which you interpreted as 'Death' (this could be a translation error when you rendered your Higher Power's 'words' into Human terms). If you read Tarot, you know that the Death card doesn't necessarily mean the end of life; it often means an end to a way of life. It could be a loss of innocense concerning your Family. You may have had a romanticized idea of what it would be like. Now Reality is biting you. You are in a position of choosing to hold on to the romanticized version or see the situation for what it really is. The old image dies and a new one is born - the Death you heard your Higher Power declare.

I can understand your concern. Several years ago I hadn't heard from my Mother for a while, so I decided to read the Tarot to see how she was doing. The central card in that reading was Death. It was surrounded by every ill-omened card in the deck. This freaked me out enough to pick up the phone and call Mother. Everythng sounded fine but after a while she started talking about how she is changing her routine due to cold weather and impending snow. I realized that the Death and ill-omened cards represented Winter in Wisconsin - a fearsome event for an elderly woman living alone.

Hephasteus

Sounds like an angry mean god. Those are hard to socialize correctly. I'd make HIM PROMISE TO LEAVE FOREVER. Make him SWEAR IT!!