dream

BrightEye

I dreamt of a man I used to work with (the second time I dreamt of him in the last couple of months). We were sitting at a table outside somewhere. There were some run-down apartment blocks nearby, some kind of inner city estate. We talked about how he got married recently and how sweet his new wife was. He also talked about her political idealism. I said I was like that, too, that I believed the same things. But he thought it was silly, being so much older than both his wife and myself.

I don't know what this dream was about, whether it was really about my political convictions or about something else, but I wanted to be close to him, to be comforted somehow. I put my head on his shoulder, and he let me do it, even though I knew that I shouldn't be doing it.

Any thoughts?

shotthebreeze

The run down apartments might have been your feelings of "why did he have to get married?" You needed to be comforted and as you said, he was pretty much unavailable. The talk of political idealism is filler. Normally people talk about politics when they don't have anything on a deeper level to talk about.

BrightEye

Well, I did have a crush on him a long time ago, but not anymore. I need someone to comfort me, never thought of him though in real life. Maybe I'm looking/hoping for comfort where I'll not find it.

Fostha

Maybe you should try a warm,milky,drink before bed,i find this helps to stop any dreams of people who you shouldnt be dreaming of,unfortunately,ive only just realised this,it would have helped me years ago.nevermind eh.

BrightEye

Fostha said:
Maybe you should try a warm,milky,drink before bed,i find this helps to stop any dreams of people who you shouldnt be dreaming of,unfortunately,ive only just realised this,it would have helped me years ago.nevermind eh.
I find milky drinks upset my tummy. And anyway, the operative words were 'a long time ago'.

Milfoil

Sounds like a dream about insecurities. Have you been examining or pushing your own boundaries lately? Is there an issue or incident which has left you feeling rather left out or sidelined? Perhaps a figure of authority in your life or work who you respect is not treating you with the maturity you feel you deserve?

BrightEye

Yes, something happened recently that made me feel sidelined by someone I thought cared about me (not the person in the dream; I think he is just a stand-in for the one in waking life). I can't really blame him, and I might even misinterpret his behaviour (or rather his silence), but I'm disappointed nonetheless.

Milfoil

Then I wonder if your dream is prompting you to treat this person in the same fashion that you learned from the man in your dream who you knew long ago? Walk away, forget the friendship in the way you feel about it now and move forward because it is as innapropriate as it would be for you to cuddle up to a married man!

Just a thought as to why the association.

BrightEye

I'm in the process of doing just that. I hope I'm a good liar or once!

Fostha

Brighteye,it might be a good idea to keep a dream diary,jot down anything you can remember on waking,then put it to one side,and years later,something may happen,and you'll look back on that diary,and you'll know and start to fully understand exactly why that dream/s took place.I had a similar experience(numerous dreams though,over a long period) that started 5 years ago,and now,i can clearly see exactly why they took place,and exactly what they were telling me. Suddenly it'll all make sense to you. Sweet dreams.