Dreams . . . first in a few weeks

Milfoil

Part of the dream I was with a group of around a dozen other women, all in their 40's to 50's. I seem to recall that we were organising something or bringing something to together. It was like a meeting where something was being finalised.

2nd part of the dream I am in an old but well kept series of buildings. It was like an old farm or smithy and I was there to purchase some wood items, a pick axe handle, a staff and some other long straight wooden implements. I chose the ones which were required, a staff for me with an indentation in the top where a stone or something else would eventually sit, a handle for Dave and some other things (not only by me but for Dave I think too). I then went to look around and when I came back they were wrapping them all up in a long, brown paper parcel. I noticed that their colour had changed from a pale 'new wood' colour to a deep, cherry colour. I asked about it and one of the two men told me that they had been baked.

Later, outside I think I was waiting for transport, certainly I was sat on a low wall by a road, the weather was lovely and across the road a big bird was sat. At first I thought it was a penguin but as I remarked to the man next to it, it sort of morphed into a juvenile bird of prey, like an Eagle but black and white and with massive long wings which it couldn't yet use. Its wings reminded me of an albatros. Its beak gave it away, it was very hooked, like a bird of prey. I would say that the bird must have been almost 2 feet tall. Nobody seemed bothered about it being there except me.

So, it feels like something is changing but I'm not completely recognising it.

Any comments to help me determine deeper understanding of the symbols here would be much appreciated.

moderndayruth

Hi Milfoil! Mine is a somewhat unusual way of dream interpreting, not sure it will make sense to you, but i'll try! :D
Milfoil said:
Part of the dream I was with a group of around a dozen other women, all in their 40's to 50's. I seem to recall that we were organising something or bringing something to together. It was like a meeting where something was being finalised.
I see people i dream of as some of my own qualities/attitudes... Women in their 40's to 50's... to me that would mean (4+0=4/IV The Emperor, 5+0=5/V The Hirophant) some of your own qualities and/ or characteristics that are traditionally considered female on which you might be focusing in terms of your self development and which become strenghtened and more powerful.

Milfoil said:
2nd part of the dream I am in an old but well kept series of buildings. It was like an old farm or smithy and I was there to purchase some wood items, a pick axe handle, a staff and some other long straight wooden implements. I chose the ones which were required, a staff for me with an indentation in the top where a stone or something else would eventually sit, a handle for Dave and some other things (not only by me but for Dave I think too). I then went to look around and when I came back they were wrapping them all up in a long, brown paper parcel. I noticed that their colour had changed from a pale 'new wood' colour to a deep, cherry colour. I asked about it and one of the two men told me that they had been baked.
A friend of mine who is into dream interpreting says buidings also in a way represent the dreamer, so the 'well kept buildings' might stand for some projects/jobs you started long time ago and are still carryng on successfully.
You are getting various tools - these might be some potential improvements that you might introduce to the ongoing proojects. ('Well kept series of buidings'.)
Baked paper? Maybe association on something organic/healthier/more environment friendly? (Not so sure about that though.)

Milfoil said:
Later, outside I think I was waiting for transport, certainly I was sat on a low wall by a road, the weather was lovely and across the road a big bird was sat. At first I thought it was a penguin but as I remarked to the man next to it, it sort of morphed into a juvenile bird of prey, like an Eagle but black and white and with massive long wings which it couldn't yet use. Its wings reminded me of an albatros. Its beak gave it away, it was very hooked, like a bird of prey. I would say that the bird must have been almost 2 feet tall. Nobody seemed bothered about it being there except me.

So, it feels like something is changing but I'm not completely recognising it.

Any comments to help me determine deeper understanding of the symbols here would be much appreciated.
The above mention friend of mine says the transportation might indicate the course of development, ie. the 'speed' by which things will be happening; since you are sitting by a road - not at an airport for example - i think the course of the events will be paced and feel comfortable to you. Eagles to me are about power and the whole 'morphing' of the bird to me is a sign of your own further empowerment, which will be the result of the events the dream is reffering to.
Hope this helps! :)

Milfoil

Thank you moderndayruth

I think you've hit on some interesting points there.

The group of women, part of this, I feel is definately about power, learning and strength in numbers, being part of something bigger, feeling accepted within a team or group and also the age being close to my own, seems to suggest that I accept this new phase.

The building - yes, I would agree with your friend, as an aspect of the self, the well kept working environment reflects the work which has been done and is still to be done. The tools were the ones which changed colour, not the paper - sorry if I didn't make that clear. :) Putting something in an oven suggest bring it to a point where it is usable, edible or maliable. In this case, the tools were being finished/hardened which seems to be a good thing and I hope means that whatever tools I am developing, although they may have been utilised fully yet, thats because they are still or have been undergoing something which will render them sturdy.

Waiting for transport - yes I understand this. I've been in a 'waiting' stage for a while now so it will be interesting to see what transport comes up next in my dreams from now on.

The young Eagle with long wings which it couldn't yet use - well, that speaks for itself really, I feel like the juvenile Eagle, potential but no experience and all fingers and thumbs. Massive wings which have the potential to carry one far but not yet able to use them!

Thanks for helping me to work this out - it has been very useful and meant a lot today. :)

moderndayruth

Thank you, Milfoil, i am glad it made sense! :heart: