Dreams I don't understand...

Emelgee

I am watching a really skinny girl eating with a celebrity. I think Sophie Monk. The guy is tattooed – like he is a punk rocker. He is eating and she only drinks a fruit juice. Eventually they stand, she still has her drink in hand. She is wearing something black and quite form fitting. Her midriff is bare. The base of her top is covered in sequins as are her pants. She is aware she is being watched and she is acting up for the people watching. They leave the table and walk through a doorway.

While I am watching them eating, it is like I have a flashback to how this woman used to be before she was super skinny. She was larger, fatter, and she is at a party wearing some silver sequined bikini top and some sort of shimmery skirt. She is surrounded by people.

I am surprised that this woman could lose so much weight and not have any loose skin given she is so thin now.

Then I am walking with a friend (I don’t know if it is the same person who I watched eating) and we are in another country. I have gone to visit my friend and she is with her boyfriend. We are window shopping. I feel this friend has changed – that she is much more concerned with appearances and looking cool than I had remembered. We see a pair of fashionable pants in a shop window and she exclaims that she wants them. I look at her and tell her that these are skinny leg jeans and that these pants won’t suit her legs. Even though she is slim – her figure wouldn’t suit these pants. She doesn’t care – she wants them because they are cool and so her and her boyfriend go into the shop to buy them.

For some reason, I am very disappointed by this. Suddenly I am with a man who is caring for me. I complain to him that she has changed and I don’t know her anymore since she came here. He consoles me.

I realise I am eating a large, long chewy caramel covered with chocolate.

My friend and I go into a store that sells perfumes etc. My friend goes to the counter to buy me something to help me feel better. I remain at the front of the store and I see a perfume counter. On this counter I see perfumes that have been re-packaged. I know what these perfumes smell like already but this new packaging is more appealing to me visually, so I am more interested in them. I pick up a perfume so and press the top so a squirt of perfume is realised. I can see the spray of the perfume – the little droplets.

Then the dream jumps and I am in some sort of boxing fight. I don’t know if in this dream I am male or female. My opponent is male. We fight in a bathroom/toilet and then when the round is over, we exit to some more public place (which I don’t see in the dream) so the round can be judged and we can work out who is winning. The first round is pretty even.

We come back for the second round and this time I realise that if I slap my opponent lightly a lot and quickly – that this distracts him and so, I can wear him down and I can start to win. So I start to gently slap him – on his face, chest…anywhere within reaching distance.

Any comments welcomed :)
Cheers
E

ana luisa

Hi Emelgee,

I don´t think I could analyse your dream in terms of symbols. However, the scenes about eating and losing weight, the perfume, the boxing show that your inner self is crying out for affection and recognition. They all deal with the senses so I would guess it´s a more tangible/physical one. Do you feel like you would like to fit in more (the pants, the bikini, the perfume re-packaging)? Do you feel isolated ? Are you going through a period of loneliness? Do you feel like you would like to reach out more and be pampered more? Do you feel particularly fragile at this point in time?

just my two cents...

Milfoil

The whole dream is a series of metaphors around the same problem. Its all about you beating yourself up over what you wish to release. There are aspects of your life which you are struggling with. These aspects deal with self esteem and how others perceive you (boy do I know how you feel!). You may be finding it difficult to achieve balance between two opposite ends of the spectrum in this area.

A fight in a toilet is a pretty big 'in your face' way of saying that the rubbish in your life which needs to be cleansed or released is putting up a fight but you know that its the little steps and little things that you do, increasingly, every day that will eventually succeed where drastic measures (such as crash diets and eating rubbish earlier in your dream) fail. Moving out into a more public area also challenges your ideas about how you are seen by others.

Basically, make lots of little changes to effect the overall change you want to see. Don't beat yourself up or judge yourself too harshly about what should or should not be thats only distracting you from actually doing anything about it. Just take little steps and you will succeed.

Emelgee

Thanks everyone :)

Good points raised in both of your posts.

Ana Luisa - I do struggle with the concept of fitting in. Externally, I have all the right stuff to "fit in" but my inner self knows that "fitting in" is not all that important and will not bring any happiness to me. I am looking at beginning my life in a way that will take me further away from any intellectual concept of "fitting in"...

Milfoil - everything you said feels right on the mark. I am trying to learn to integrate all the various aspects of my personality...accepting and caring for myself first and foremost.

Thank you both once again
E

memries

Hello Emelgee. I just answered your other newer post and then saw this one.

Your remark about fitting in made me think of your newer "shirt" dream. It is ok to not want to fit into things but you still must equip yourself to take your own path. It is through developing ourselves and knowing ourselves that we are able to walk our own path.

It is great walking your own path and what you figure out but it is never easy. It is what makes us unique though for sure.

Getting back to the dream, one side of you is struggling with the concept of the skinny, sequined, flamboyant girl with the tattooed guy. Do you find this just a bit repulsive ?

You want to be you so you are eating the sundae but then you go to the perfume counter. You want the finer things in life (perfume) than are shown by the sequined girl. Now I know I have read the other replies and they are very apt as well and think they bring understanding to your dream.

The boxing scene is again representative of your anima and animus trying to resolve and bring into balance both sides of you. Female and male.

moderndayruth

Kabbala & dream interpretation

by Raphael Yedidya
"When one dreams of candy or something sweet it meens that he will have a good fortune."
i guess your dream is telling much more, but i was checking sth about my this night's dreams and found out this "good omen", so i thought you woudn't mind if i shared it with you :)
Love&Light

Emelgee

Thanks Ruth :) I don't mind at all!

*hugs*