Dreams of and seeing feathers?

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hey all! I've been going through a trying time currently.

I had a dream about two weeks ago of a gold jewelry cuff in the shape of a feather. I went a store a little while after and saw a gold jewelry cuff in the shape of (you guessed it) a feather. I had a dream last night that I was outside and it had either just rained or was gloomy-looking, and someone threw two gold necklaces with a gold feather pendant on each one to me. It fell to the ground near my feet and I picked it up.

So I was walking today and I thought, "If feathers are some sort of sign, then I won't see one in real life” (I live in NYC, so it's rare to just see feathers lying on the floor). Probably 15-30 minutes later, I saw a black feather with a white tip on the sidewalk in front of me.

I don't think these are coincidences after all. Does anyone have any experience with feather messages? Do you think they mean something in my case? I do, but this is the first time this has ever happened to me.

WolfSwan

Feathers are usually a sign from angels or the Universe that your guides are near and all is well, that you are being supported. If you can identify the type of bird the feather is from there are deeper messages there as well :)

Saskia

I think it sounds very supportive. In your dream you were in gloomy settings, but someone (or two people?) gave you a feather-like gold pendant. There's layers of symbolism here.

If feathers are taken as signs from the spirit guide/guardian angel (which would fit), then golden one in the form of jewellery is a reminder that the sign and support you are getting is valuable, permanent, never diminishing and you should carry it with you at all times. You are not alone in the rain.

The black feather with white tip can mean that yes, life has been rough and gloomy lately but there is the first ray of hope peering through - the white tip. It will all turn better soon but you need to trust yourself and your strength to carry through.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Feathers are usually a sign from angels or the Universe that your guides are near and all is well, that you are being supported. If you can identify the type of bird the feather is from there are deeper messages there as well :)

It's NYC so I'm gonna assume it was just a pigeon, but then again I'm not that familiar with birds. ^__^;; That's a nice sign. Externally, things looks well but internally I don't feel that well. But I guess that's what depression is all about. =/

I think it sounds very supportive. In your dream you were in gloomy settings, but someone (or two people?) gave you a feather-like gold pendant. There's layers of symbolism here.

If feathers are taken as signs from the spirit guide/guardian angel (which would fit), then golden one in the form of jewellery is a reminder that the sign and support you are getting is valuable, permanent, never diminishing and you should carry it with you at all times. You are not alone in the rain.

The black feather with white tip can mean that yes, life has been rough and gloomy lately but there is the first ray of hope peering through - the white tip. It will all turn better soon but you need to trust yourself and your strength to carry through.

It was just one person and he gave me two necklaces. I really like your interpretation of the black feather and the white tip of it. That's what I was thinking too. I hope soon is like...tomorrow. XD I feel like my whole life is just waiting for things to happen and getting them halfway, so it'd be nice to get things I actually want 100%. I hope that's what the feathers mean. XD

celticnoodle

here is my favorite dream dictionary that is online. check it out for your dreams-

http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamdictionarysearch.pl?method=exact&header=dreamsymbol&search=feather

as for the feather in your dream, yes, it can often be a message from your guides, and/or angels or even deceased loved ones.

Dreaming of feathers according to the above site is overall a good omen. It generally seems to mean financial gain, but it can also indicate some confusion and hastiness, according to the site above. I have also read that if you find feathers, it is indicating that you are on a higher spiritual path and it is a sign of encouragement for you as you travel this path.

I especially like that you dreamed of someone throwing two gold necklaces at your feet with feathers on it--that to me sounds like something good is about to come your way! So be aware of your surroundings and watch for it and be ready!

feathers can also indicate travel coming up for you. So, are you planning a trip somewhere?

KnightOfTheCosmos

here is my favorite dream dictionary that is online. check it out for your dreams-

http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamdictionarysearch.pl?method=exact&header=dreamsymbol&search=feather

as for the feather in your dream, yes, it can often be a message from your guides, and/or angels or even deceased loved ones.

Dreaming of feathers according to the above site is overall a good omen. It generally seems to mean financial gain, but it can also indicate some confusion and hastiness, according to the site above. I have also read that if you find feathers, it is indicating that you are on a higher spiritual path and it is a sign of encouragement for you as you travel this path.

I especially like that you dreamed of someone throwing two gold necklaces at your feet with feathers on it--that to me sounds like something good is about to come your way! So be aware of your surroundings and watch for it and be ready!

feathers can also indicate travel coming up for you. So, are you planning a trip somewhere?

Hey, I actually have the Dreammoods app on my phone, which comes with a journal so I record my dreams there. I always look up the meaning of my dreams but I wanted to know people's personal experiences seeing and maybe dreaming of feathers. :)

It's interesting you bring up travel because I did a tarot reading and the 8 of wands came up as advice with the Chariot as the outcome, and both cards can indicate travel. The 8oW in that deck also has feathers in it and an angel (it is an archangel deck). The problem is that I'm actually not planning any trips, but I usually do around this time of the year. I travel to coventions from February to June. School got in the way, and just life in general. I miss those trips. :(

I will keep my eyes open for anymore signs. :)

celticnoodle

you may be surprised by a trip coming your way too. :) Time will tell!