Dreams of High Places

Milfoil

Just a quick one if anyone can help.

I have a friend who keeps having dreams of being in a very high up place, well lit, fine weather etc. Sometimes it is a hill or mountain top, other times the top of a multi storey building but always VERY high up, many hundreds of meters.

Each time she says there is a track, rail, slide or some other thing to hang on to, like a roller coaster, train track or water park shoot but no car or seat to strap into and she is expected to simply hold on and slide down but she never feels that she will be able to hold on that long and will inevitably fall off because it is so steep.

This recurring dream seems to be about fear, not of falling so much as control but if anyone else has anything to add I know she will be extremely grateful to find a way to move forward through this.

:)

EdgarAllnPwn

Unfortunately, I dont think I can be of much help here.

The least I can do is share my experience and maybe shed some more light on the scenario.
In my dreams I walk up a steep stretch of road. At the top there is a house, generally I talk to the owner. My dream recall is not very strong, and I have yet to recollect any of our conversations. The next thing I remember is having some sort of object with wheels, like a skateboard but not neccesarily. I as far as I can remember I dont ride down... yet.

I never really focused on this scenario in my dreams. In fact I failed to even write it down.
Does your friend ever take the ride? If this happens again I will do my best to take the plunge. The more I think about it, this is probaly something pretty serious.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

celticnoodle

seems to me that her dream is about her successes in life, but she is fearful that her success will be short lived. Or that it was all for naught. perhaps she fears of the change it will entail. has she recently obtained something that she worked and/or planned for, for a long while? if so, ask her if she is afraid of it costing her dearly as a result of now obtaining it.

Milfoil

Thank you both, I am awaiting a reply. Will let you know as soon as I do if what you say rings bells with her.

Milfoil

Thank you both for taking the time to answer. The response was:

I'm not sure about successes in life what can I consider to be my success? I do worry about coming off my tablets so what if I am scared about being right back where i started and cant cope again

It seems there is a medical condition here which I was previously unaware of and the threat of coming off the tablets is worrying her deeply. In a way it is the same as fearing that all the success made over the past months will dissolve away.

Thank you for your help. We got there in the end. :)