Dreams of houses??

Stormdancer

I had a dream last night that I remember reasonably well for me, and I'd like some input on what it might mean. I have had dreams similar to this in the past, so there is probably some kind of common theme. When I post "my", I mean that I had a sense of it being mine in the dream, but it's not truly mine outside of the dream.

It started in "my" house...a small house, and "we" were having some kind of party. There was an enclosed grill where some unseen cook was preparing grilled chicken. This is similar to what you might see in a restaurant, with a chef preparing the meat behind a glass enclosure. I was VERY concerned because someone had left the sliding patio door open and there were bees, LOTS of bees drawn by the cooking getting into the house. Most were normal sized bees but there were some HUGE ones too. If I had to describe them, I'd say what I saw was almost a sylized type of image...and archetype of a bee, if you will. When I went to close the patio door, it was HUGE...in fact this house continued to expand throughout the dream, and at the end it seemed more like a sprawling vacation kind of place. I spent most of the dream trying to find my way to "somewhere"....some rooms were lovely and comfortable, but many were cluttered (um...my real home is VERY cluttered...LOL) Anyway, as I moved around this house it kept getting bigger. It was like a neverending maze of rooms. I remember a lot of stairs, but I seemed to go down way more often than up, but I never really got the sense of being lower if you get what I mean. The place seemed to only be 2 floors **shrug**. Navigating some of the stairs made me nervous...maybe VERY steep, no hand rails, open on one side, very narrow steps and risers. At one point, I sat down and scooted down the stairs because I was afraid of falling. Towards the end of the dream, the areas became....rough...unfinished...like maybe a home being converted from something else. At the end, I remember trying to get back to my parents and my sister...they just showed up (how rude...LOL) I was also trying to find my purse with my cell phone, because I felt lost. One of the last images I remember was of 4 or 5 steps leading up to a closed locked door with another door open in front of it. When I moved the open door out of the way, there was a mirror on it.

OH...and there were quite a lot of people in various places, but I don't think I know any of them...so why the hell are they in "my" house that later on becomes "not my house"

The thing is, I have dreams similar to this sometimes... a house "mine" but not, with me running into rooms that weren't originally a part of the house. Usually, I get the sense that I'm looking for something.

Sorry this is rambling, but I rarely remember dreams unless they're like this, and for some reason I remember a stunning amount of detail with this one.

Any insights will be appreciated. Please keep in mind that I've not been particularly "deep" in the spiritual sense of late, so if my feedback seems cheeky, I mean no disrespect. I'm just REAL shallow these days...LOL

Rede Seeker

People all around but no one notices you?

It sounds like you are not in control of the primary structure in your life (your house). Too many changes, too much of a struggle to get from one 'room' to another. For all the effort you invest, you don't seem to to get anywhere.

Have you tried to leave the house? In the dream you describe, you seem obligated by the party to remain inside and there are huge bees blocking the only exit.

The bees could also represent outside issues affecting your inner structure/peace. They are a minor issue in the dream.

There are people around you but they seem to have 'walk-on' roles in this dream-drama. Communication is not possible (phone in the purse, purse no where to be found). You are all on your own, no matter how many people you invite or who invite themselves to your party (your life?).

Stormdancer

Rede Seeker said:
It sounds like you are not in control of the primary structure in your life (your house). Too many changes, too much of a struggle to get from one 'room' to another. For all the effort you invest, you don't seem to to get anywhere.
That feeling of not getting anywhere is exactly how I felt...and I suppose I feel that way in my life to, but then, like in my dream, I don't know WHERE to go. At the beginning of the dream I was looking for...??? something, but I never got a sense of what I was looking for.

Rede Seeker said:
Have you tried to leave the house? In the dream you describe, you seem obligated by the party to remain inside and there are huge bees blocking the only exit.
The bees were in the enclosed cooking place. They wanted the chicken...LOL. I did go outside of the house, but it was still part of the property.

Rede Seeker said:
There are people around you but they seem to have 'walk-on' roles in this dream-drama. Communication is not possible (phone in the purse, purse no where to be found). You are all on your own, no matter how many people you invite or who invite themselves to your party (your life?).
LOL...at one point towards the end I said something to myself about how I suck at making conversation with strangers. This is true in real life as well. People all around me, and yet I'm alone.

Thanks for chiming in Rede-Seeker...I appreciate your insights.

celticnoodle

To have a dream with your own home in it is representative of yourself. Since you opened the dream with the idea of a party going on and you have your own chef preparing a meal for you and your guests, I'd say that this is indicating how comfortable and rich you feel with yourself. you are secure.

the chef indicates changes and transformations that are either beginning to take shape or you can expect to. The oven your chef is cooking at shows you are surrounded by good friends and family whom you feel very loving towards and by.

then the bees coming in through your patio door that is left open is where things begin to really get interesting with your dream. bees are a good luck symbol and also represent wealth and creativity. not necessarily wealth as far as getting rich goes, but as gaining some positive things as a result of your own hard work. you've heard of the phrase, "busy as a bee". so perhaps it is telling you that all your hard work is about to pay off for you. the patio door being opened indicates that you are receptive to gaining insight in new things. however, you rushed to close those patio doors, so perhaps you feel like you are not ready anymore to gain anymore new insights. you are comfortable for where you are currently at.

Because your house began to get larger and you were getting lost inside the house, I feel it shows that things are changing too quickly for you and you are uncomfortable with these changes/transformations. In fact, you mention in your dream, I think that you felt lost inside, so this suggests that you are losing sight of the direction you had hoped to obtain. or perhaps you are now questioning if the path you sought is the true path you want now.

I spent most of the dream trying to find my way to "somewhere"....some rooms were lovely and comfortable, but many were cluttered

this indicates that you are unsure of the path you had originally sought to conquer. perhaps you are questioning yourself, "what now?" because some rooms are comfortable and lovely, I think that for the most part what you have 'conquered' you are happy and content with, but the portions that are cluttered are other things you've obtained and you are unsure what to do with it. or perhaps you do not even want them.

stairs are quite common in dreams when you are making spiritual or emotional transitions. to me, this whole dream seems spiritual. but, you'll know that best--if it is spiritual, emotional or something else all together. going downstairs indicates that you are wanting to or experiencing some setbacks in the goals you set for yourself. it can also indicate a lack in confidence and feeling unsure of something going on in your waking life. especially since you dreamt of your parents and sister, it suggests a need to feel that sort of security the family represented when you were a child.

the locked door indicates opportunities that you are not able to grab. or perhaps things you are not able to pursue. do you feel in your waking life that someone is responsible for you not being able to open that door and walk through it? the doors that are open would represent opportunities that you are able and willing to take advantage of. if you walked through the door it is another sign of transformation for you. If you can recall in your dream that you saw a light behind the doors--it would represent enlightenment. so if you saw light behind the open door, tehn it suggests you are ready and wiling and able to become more enlightened. closed--then you are not open for it.

with the mirror in your dream---did you see your reflection in it? if so, it would show you are wondering about yourself and how others see you.

I get a lot of my 'dream ' information from this site, if you care to bookmark it and look at yourself:

http://dreammoods.com

I've been going to this site for many years, and most of your symbols in your dream above, I've had in many dreams myself. a few I was unsure of and had to look up, but I highly recommend this site! it's a wonderful!

It does sound very much like a spiritual/enlightening dream to me, and your not being fully ready or willing to develop anymore in that way. perhaps because you don't feel the need or are not
completely comfortable with the ideas of it. but this is my own opinion. hope it helps you some.

Mellaenn

When I get back home I'll look at this and offer input...

Stormdancer

Thank you for your thoughtful post Celtic Noodle. There are MANY things that resonate, and MANY that you hit the nail on the head. It's gonna take me some time to respond accordingly....

Mellaenn

Celticnoodle, your interpretation was pretty much in line with what I would say; I don't have much to add. I agree that houses in dreams often represent the structure of the self. Your house starts out small and manageable; you are the "host" giving a party. So yes, you are good with where you are and you feel a certain amount of comfort there to the point where you can host a party for others; even "feed" them - perhaps spiritually? But in fly all the "busy bees"...maybe you have a sense that you could better host this spiritual party if all these "busy bees" would not interfere?

Stormdancer said:
It started in "my" house...a small house, and "we" were having some kind of party. There was an enclosed grill where some unseen cook was preparing grilled chicken. This is similar to what you might see in a restaurant, with a chef preparing the meat behind a glass enclosure. I was VERY concerned because someone had left the sliding patio door open and there were bees, LOTS of bees drawn by the cooking getting into the house. Most were normal sized bees but there were some HUGE ones too. If I had to describe them, I'd say what I saw was almost a sylized type of image...and archetype of a bee, if you will. When I went to close the patio door, it was HUGE...in fact this house continued to expand throughout the dream, and at the end it seemed more like a sprawling vacation kind of place. I spent most of the dream trying to find my way to "somewhere"....some rooms were lovely and comfortable, but many were cluttered (um...my real home is VERY cluttered...LOL)
You feel that some of your life is in order and you are OK with it and other parts perhaps need to be "de-cluttered".

Stormdancer said:
Anyway, as I moved around this house it kept getting bigger. It was like a neverending maze of rooms. I remember a lot of stairs, but I seemed to go down way more often than up, but I never really got the sense of being lower if you get what I mean.
Visits to the subconscious are more frequent than visits to the higher self?

Stormdancer said:
The place seemed to only be 2 floors **shrug**. Navigating some of the stairs made me nervous...maybe VERY steep, no hand rails, open on one side, very narrow steps and risers. At one point, I sat down and scooted down the stairs because I was afraid of falling. Towards the end of the dream, the areas became....rough...unfinished...like maybe a home being converted from something else.
This can be an expanded state of consciousness; large enough to include others and for their benefit; your "family of man" as the appearance of you family below may indicate. Whole new concepts and beliefs taking shape. As you learn and grow you will "add on" to your dream house.

Stormdancer said:
At the end, I remember trying to get back to my parents and my sister...they just showed up (how rude...LOL) I was also trying to find my purse with my cell phone, because I felt lost. One of the last images I remember was of 4 or 5 steps leading up to a closed locked door with another door open in front of it. When I moved the open door out of the way, there was a mirror on it.

OH...and there were quite a lot of people in various places, but I don't think I know any of them...so why the hell are they in "my" house that later on becomes "not my house"

The thing is, I have dreams similar to this sometimes... a house "mine" but not, with me running into rooms that weren't originally a part of the house. Usually, I get the sense that I'm looking for something.
You are; we all are! AT'ers in particular...

Stormdancer said:
Sorry this is rambling, but I rarely remember dreams unless they're like this, and for some reason I remember a stunning amount of detail with this one.

Any insights will be appreciated. Please keep in mind that I've not been particularly "deep" in the spiritual sense of late, so if my feedback seems cheeky, I mean no disrespect. I'm just REAL shallow these days...LOL
You, my friend, are about as shallow as a mountain lake and I think your dream imagery belies your claim to being shallow! In general I agree that the dream can represent your focus on both spiritual and mental expansion, not only for yourself but others as well.

Stormdancer

I've got to say, all 3 of you have pointed out some EXCELLENT insights...I mean really stunning to me. I'm still kinda processing both the dream and your words. I WILL provide well-thought out feedback, but I need a day or two to get it all down on paper so to speak...purple paper...LOL. I knew these dreams were meaning something, because they would stay with me, are still with me. Reading your interpretations has been immensely enlightening.

I'll be back }) LOL

Hephasteus

The scooting downstairs part is subconcious. It kind of shows your not comfortable with exploring it and are careful, sounds wise to me. The house keeps growing because house is a symbol for mind so as you meet new people and share intellect you continually expand your house.
Bees are symbol for wealth and I guess the bigger the bee the wealthier to you? They are also symbol for creativity and there's a difference there, the bigger bees being more creative.

Chickens a symbol for cowardice and mysterious cook is a transforming agent. He's trying to cook for everybody and the busy bees are trying to get everything.
Cell phones a symbol for getting new information and you were looking for it. This is our choices on what we filter and who we trust to go for information. Purse is secret thoughts and desires. You're guarded sense of self that you were looking for. So by looking for cell phone and purse you are wanting to know who and what you can trust to explore this guarded self. This happens shortly after the stairs incident and the unfinished rooms.

This is my personal philosphy and some disagree with it. Mostly we explore ourself through being polarized. The polarization process involves some choice but it's not done on any meaningful level. For instance take an external polarizing event the shooting in arizona. Mugshots of the shooter are showing him to be very smug and remorseless. So you are most likely be polarzed by that through past damagings or harms. For instance if you were one of the madoff victims and were harmed by a remorsless individual like that it seems logical to me that you would be polarized to respond in a very angry manner. But it just doesn't seem to be specific enough to most events are vague and not very informative about what buttons they push in us and we are subject to relentless often meaningless polarization through cheering for this or condeming that.
It could be that our intuition carries enough information to help us fill in the blanks during the polarization process. It could be simply a matter of us being divided and conquered polarized and pulverized constantly without any good information to bring subconciousness to conciousness. It's like one time in college I was sitting around a table with some people from class. I kept getting pulled and yanked towards images and thoughts of attics. The channel it was coming through was cancer/capricorn intuition channel not the virgo/pisces channel or the taurus/scorpio channel. So I said something slightly offensive about living in an attic as soon as it could be worked into the conversation. A girl at the table says she lived in an attic that was converted to a room. Doesn't mean anything.
I don't like Intel. I don't like the company I don't like their cpu's. I've always had an aversion to them. I like AMD cpu's. I know some of the crap intel gets up to and those underlying subconcious things becoming concious over life experience could mean something. But I like AMD cpu's I like the company and I like the way they handle things. But they are subjected to other damaging sociopathic monopolistic practices so they could be bending and having to stoop to nearly the same tricks. I'm not given really good information on why this polarization takes place and not given the whole story. It doesn't seem like a good way to bring subconciousness to conciousness despite being extremely sensitive to these things. The basement has lies and hidden vaugeries and it's antithesis the attic the higher self the upper mind has lies that are derived from the buried basement. Being a jets fan or a oilers fan, liking mcdonald's or burger king, choosing ford versus gm just doesn't seem like any sort of meaningful form of polarization. I've forcefully and brute force reverse engineered people through application of fourier type transforms on their action/reaction, picked up sensitivity signals to get to hidden motives but I can't say it was easier under polarization or not or if it helped or hindered the process.
My personal experience through repeated openings was that there were a lot of staged events occuring to build trust and then it ended with being damaged because I was receptive to it and unable to close it off.
So as for the purse and phone part of the dream. My personal experiences are that you can't find much of anyone to trust. Not that there are PEOPLE I don't trust. I relied very strongly on very honest people to analyze me during the opening process and gave me clues to things in there because I was in the middle of the coolaide and couldn't descriminate everything.
So what's in the basement? Something big, something mean, something that not only will not appreciate you understanding it. Will do everything it can to gouge your eyes out if you try. And in the attic they are up there lying and lying and lying. It's completely unhealable and unresolveable because they won't change. They are the immortals and they change you but they are not nice at all. So all you get out of it is hurt and used.

Here's your mysterious cook.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sociopath-traits.html

Stormdancer

celticnoodle said:
To have a dream with your own home in it is representative of yourself.
I thought the home meant something, but I couldn't remember what. This is it. the thing about the party is that it wasn't really mine. I had the feeling I get when ex annoys me...:D

celticnoodle said:
To bees are a good luck symbol and also represent wealth and creativity. not necessarily wealth as far as getting rich goes, but as gaining some positive things as a result of your own hard work. you've heard of the phrase, "busy as a bee". so perhaps it is telling you that all your hard work is about to pay off for you. the patio door being opened indicates that you are receptive to gaining insight in new things. however, you rushed to close those patio doors, so perhaps you feel like you are not ready anymore to gain anymore new insights. you are comfortable for where you are currently at.
Too bad about the "wealth" thing...LOL. I agree with what you said at the end of the quote...I DID shut that door....and that's how I've been feeling lately. Like I've just shut off my spiritual side for some reason....which you also hit on in the quoted part below.

celticnoodle said:
In fact, you mention in your dream, I think that you felt lost inside, so this suggests that you are losing sight of the direction you had hoped to obtain. or perhaps you are now questioning if the path you sought is the true path you want now.
...because some rooms are comfortable and lovely, I think that for the most part what you have 'conquered' you are happy and content with, but the portions that are cluttered are other things you've obtained and you are unsure what to do with it. or perhaps you do not even want them.

celticnoodle said:
the locked door indicates opportunities that you are not able to grab. or perhaps things you are not able to pursue. do you feel in your waking life that someone is responsible for you not being able to open that door and walk through it? the doors that are open would represent opportunities that you are able and willing to take advantage of. if you walked through the door it is another sign of transformation for you. If you can recall in your dream that you saw a light behind the doors--it would represent enlightenment. so if you saw light behind the open door, tehn it suggests you are ready and wiling and able to become more enlightened. closed--then you are not open for it.

with the mirror in your dream---did you see your reflection in it?

with the ideas of it. but this is my own opinion. hope it helps you some.
After reading your insights, I gave some thoughts to that locked door. It was up a VERY short flight of stairs, and it was a dingy yellow/beige color. I didn't see any light, and I never actually tried to open it. I just had the "sense of it being locked". The other door was to the right, and it was open outward, blocking the locked door. The mirror was hanging so it faced the locked door so that when the 2nd door was closed, you would see the mirror... and I thought "what on odd place for a mirror." No, I didn't look into the mirror, or that room. So, after giving it some thought...that door really does kinda illustrate where I am right now. I know it's there, and it's only a short walk, but I'm not even trying...and since it was "dingy", it almost seems like it's been neglected.

I REALLY gained a LOT from your input, and I really appreciate the time you took to help me with this. Thanks for your patience