Elemental Spread

Jenny-Li

Jewel said:
The CT is definetly Thoth based, and to be honest every card in that deck is active *LOL*.

*lol* :D OK, I should have known that about the CT cards (and Thoth too, I can imagine!), they do seem rather lively... That deck is VERY high on my present wish list, so in a not too distant future I plan to be making my own opinion about the CT!

I just did a reading with the Robin Wood, and got Knight of Wands as the first card, and smiled a bit when I started the reading by saying "OK, this card is fire of fire..." :D In the Robin Wood, there can hardly be any mistakes, the art is very obvious on that point! :D

But once again, I do believe it's perfectly possible to have completely different points of view, and still get the right results from the reading!

Light and love,
Jenny :)

Jewel

Jenny-Li said:
I just did a reading with the Robin Wood, and got Knight of Wands as the first card, and smiled a bit when I started the reading by saying "OK, this card is fire of fire..." :D In the Robin Wood, there can hardly be any mistakes, the art is very obvious on that point! :D

~Giggles~ the Robin Wood was my primary deck for 7+ years (until the CT arrived) ... I just had to share that with you and give you a good chuckle since we see these as different.

I will PM you about the CT so we do not go off topic ...

Trogon

Jewel said:
I was just looking at my Tarot Calendar and it occurred to me that it would be fun to share the monthly spread with you guys! So here goes:
(snip)
1. "Fire indicates what business areas are likely to concern us. This position acan also depict psychic, romantic or creative endeavors."

2. "Earth indicates our financial or material situation. This position denotes values or self-esteem."
(snip)

Jewel (and others);

First off, I love the look of this spread - I have the feeling it will be a very good one for me. However... I do have one question about the Fire and Earth positions. Fire is said to relate to things having to do with "business areas", then Earth "indicates our financial or material situation." This has come up in other things I've seen (such as information on the minor arcana). I'm not sure I understand how "business areas" and ones "financial situation" are really all that different - aren't they very closely related and similar in nature? If not, how do they differ?

Only slightly confused :confused:

Trogon

Lady Anna

I agree with Strega...Please! share some more.

And thank you...

Love,

Analisa

Jenny-Li

Well, I guess the real insight will have to come from Jewel, who shared the spread from the start... But in my view Fire is about driveforces and ambition, so in that respect, I'd rather say that Fire relates to what you want to achieve with your work, while Earth relates to the material values your achievements can bring you...

Does that make sense?

Light and love,
Jenny :)

Jewel

Jenny-Li said:
Fire relates to what you want to achieve with your work, while Earth relates to the material values your achievements can bring you.

As I have never done this spread, just copied it, I am by no means an expert, but I totally agree with what Jenny-Li stated here. Great question by the way! The work/financial elemental correspondences are a bit confusing.

To add to what Jenny-Li stated, often times your emotions and your creativity (fire) are vested in your work, and they can help or hinder your progress. These can lead to promotions and recognitions which would definetly have an impact on your financial well being.

Your financial or material situation can be less dependent or even independent of your job (depending on what you do and how much material wealth you possess). It can be money you receive as gifts, inheritance, trust fund, winning the lottery, etc. Thus our financial and material situation can go beyond the money we make in our jobs and can also refer to other valuable assets we have.

Does this answer your question? If not please keep asking!

Trogon

Jewel said:
Your financial or material situation can be less dependent or even independent of your job (depending on what you do and how much material wealth you possess). It can be money you receive as gifts, inheritance, trust fund, winning the lottery, etc. Thus our financial and material situation can go beyond the money we make in our jobs and can also refer to other valuable assets we have.

Does this answer your question? If not please keep asking!

Jewel;

Yesss... you did answer the question. So, the way I now understand it, the difference is that business/job related matters might be things like how well you do your job, what you might need to be successful in your business, what things might be affecting you in your job or business, etc. This would be separate from how your financial situation and windfalls, gifts, how you spend money, etc...

Does that sound like I've got a grasp on it now? ;)

Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Trogon

Jewel

Trogon that is how I interpret it. Glad I could be of help to you.

VmprGokuboi69

Re: Re: doesn't it get confusing ...

Jenny-Li said:

First, ponder this: Pages are earth, Knights are Fire, Queens are Water and Kings are air* - you are already working with this paradox without even thinking about it! :)

In the faerie wicca deck, they actually have cards classified as, air of fire, and water of earth... etc.... its for those people like me, who's astrological sign is fire but I act like fire and water.... so therefore.... this gets confusing... im water of fire.... fire of water has different meanings, and i act more like a water sign than a fire sign

Myrrha

Re: Re: Re: doesn't it get confusing ...

Jewel said:

My thoughts on this is that in life we see the blending of the elements in everything. No emotion is purely "water" for example. So the way I would see getting another element within a particular elemental postition (i.e. fire in a water position), is that I am handling or dealing with an emotional issue in a fiery way (passion, creativity perhaps), or if I draw a sword maybe I am over analyzing a relationship.

That makes sense to me, Jewel, and makes it sound like a useful quick spread. Going to try it right now! :) One of my decks, the Minchiate Etruria has a major arcana card for each of the elements. The meanings given in the LWB include an emotion for each element: nostalgia and fond memories for earth, lightheartedness and exultancy for air, coolness and calm for water, and passion and exuberance for fire. This got me thinking about how emotions=water is really an oversimplification.