Eureka--I Found a better moustrap [ Tarot School of New York: correspondence course ]

mac22

I found a different correspondence school. This course is offered through The Tarot School of New York http://www.tarotschool.com/. Lesson 1 arrived today and starts right off directly with the tarot and the cube of space. Lesson 1 is 27 pgs and chock full of good things.

It's professionally printed on good paper with clear illustrations. It uses the RWS/universal Waite deck. The course comes in several versions. I'm taking the degree course. I'll keep you updated on how the course goes through the following months.

I first emailed & then spoke on the phone with the course instructors for about an hour before I ordered it....they were friendly,quite knowledgeable and helpful. The last major update to the course was in 2003...:D

Majecot

Mac I am curious why you felt a tarot degree was necessary. Was it for certification requirements by your state for professional status or is it just for personal growth?

mac22

Majecot said:
Mac I am curious why you felt a tarot degree was necessary. Was it for certification requirements by your state for professional status or is it just for personal growth?

Excellent question! a) The degree course requires more in depth work, which should lead to a better depth of understanding b) I have been asked many times "what are your qualifications & training?" by clients & by owners & promoters of the places I have read in the past. Telling them that I have 30+ years of experience has often been met various reactions from acceptance, to skepticism, to a wink & a nod. With more & more college & professionally educated people in the general population they understand, respect often expect/demand that the folks they get goods & services from have a degree or certification in their respective fields. Why should their Tarot reader/intuitive be any different from their point of view?

And before you say that any diploma mill could provide such a "diploma," while true, several high ranking govt officials have recently been caught padding their resumes & office walls with such junk--- that's not what I wanted I'm willing to put in the time, do the work & get the degree. c) of course personal growth

The Tarot School also offers the course sans degree which is less work and of course less expensive.

Nor is this my first correspondence/distant learning course--- I've been taking top quality correspondence/distant learning courses in various fields since 1972...:) From lesson 1 this appears to be the same high quality as my previous courses.

Plus it has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee :D when is the last time you saw that on ANY Tarot course?

Rosanne

Mac22, Iam pleased for you, as I am a higher Education learner who loves doing courses in various subjects myself. I have just one question as to courses in Tarot. When I was at school(many moons ago) I was considered good at Art. When I left school I became a Commercial Art Apprentice, and completed the 5ooo hour apprenticeship. Howerever my natural and free flowing ability to paint gradually left me, and even today I find it difficult to paint from the heart. There is always some residue of the Commercial in there. So my question is..Will doing this course take anything from you, say natural spontaneity? That is why I have felt reluctant to do a course myself. Regards Rosanne

mac22

Rosanne said:
Mac22, Iam pleased for you, as I am a higher Education learner who loves doing courses in various subjects myself. I have just one question as to courses in Tarot. When I was at school(many moons ago) I was considered good at Art. When I left school I became a Commercial Art Apprentice, and completed the 5ooo hour apprenticeship. Howerever my natural and free flowing ability to paint gradually left me, and even today I find it difficult to paint from the heart. There is always some residue of the Commercial in there. So my question is..Will doing this course take anything from you, say natural spontaneity? That is why I have felt reluctant to do a course myself. Regards Rosanne

I doubt that very much. I have a VERY STRONG Intuition [which was honed beyond my wildest expectations by yet a DIFFERENT course this last year] plus many years of reading in my own way. I don't think that can be wiped away or reprogramed by any single class, course or program.... As for my "natural spontaneity" I believe that that and my natural curiosity are the bedrock tools that underlay all growth & learning.

As for higher learning I have a BA, BD, MA, PhD...and several certifications in various fields.

I'm sorry you feel that your natural ability has abated. Perhaps you should go in search of it and reconnect....:) Meditation has also been useful for me in reconnecting with myself.

Cocobird55

Mac22,

How do you like the New York Tarot School course, now that you've had a couple of weeks to look at it?

I have considered taking it, so I would appreciate hearing your
opinion.

thanks -- Sue

mac22

Cocobird55 said:
Mac22,

How do you like the New York Tarot School course, now that you've had a couple of weeks to look at it?

I have considered taking it, so I would appreciate hearing your
opinion.

thanks -- Sue

This thing is a real challenge...I'm taking the degree course which requires quite a bit more work. because it requires me to look into myself as well as the cards in several ways rather than just several divinatory meanings I am learning a lot. There is extended 1 to 1 with the instructors.

Thus far I'm very pleased with the course and the instructors. If you want to extend your knowledge, hone your skills and are ready to work than this course would be a good fit.

tarotbear

The Amberstones

Having met the Amberstones at a book signing and having taken a one-day workshop with them, I am curious to see how you feel about the course. They also have classes on cassette and I was very interested in the Quabala one.

Do you subscribe to their online newsletter? It's free.

mac22

tarotbear said:
Having met the Amberstones at a book signing and having taken a one-day workshop with them, I am curious to see how you feel about the course. They also have classes on cassette and I was very interested in the Quabala one.

From what I have seen of Wald he is quite competent in Qabalah.