Tarot spells

grayfeather

I would just like to recomend the book Tarot Spells by Janina Renee. I have been using this for over a year now and the results are fabulous. Of course you can also make your spells using your deck of choice.........has anyone else used this book?

WhiteRaven

No, but I've been looking for a good book in this area.

Thank you for the recommendation! I'll have to check it out. :)

April

I used to use this book a lot. I was just mentioning the other day in a different thread that the spells are very adaptable. I went through a lull in college when I didn't read much, but I still used the Tarot cards in most of my spells. I love finding different ways to use my cards.

Peace,
April

Adjustment

grayfeather said:
I would just like to recomend the book Tarot Spells by Janina Renee. I have been using this for over a year now and the results are fabulous. Of course you can also make your spells using your deck of choice.........has anyone else used this book?

Yes, I have used this book with very good results. What spells have you done from this book. you can pm me.

Lurea

I have used this book, as well. Being able to use the imagery of the cards in your visualizations is really helpful, and gives the spells quite a boost.

bladeraven

online sites

are there any online sites geared toward that??

grayfeather

As far as online sites regarding tarot spells I have found very few.

WolfSpirit

I too have the book Tarot Spells. I find it helpful for suggestions on what cards to use for a spell, but I also find the book lacking on some points.
She makes it all sound very easy and a cure for everything, and she does not give warnings for doing spells, for example, it would be wise to do a reading on the outcome of a spell because it may work out differently from what you expect. It also does not mention grounding before doing a spell, or other "basics" I learnt through reading books on witchcraft and wicca. I think before doing a spell it would be adviseable to read some more about spell work from other authors (for those who haven't done so already), although I don't really know what would be the best one to read, I got my information from different books that don't concentrate on just spells.
Another minus is the spell she includes for gaining the love of a specific person - and then she tells you should not really do a spell like that !? why is it there then - to boost sales ?

I think the book can be useful, but I would use it with caution.

rexenne2003

grayfeather said:

Here is the post I put in the Worst Tarot Books Purchased thread...

Thankfully it was a used book from half.com. It was Tarot Spells by Janina Renee. AWEFULL!
Two paragraphs on spell ethics (it's a bit more complicated than that and should be more fully talked about IMHO). Not only did that paturb me, but there is a rigid spell 'pattern' that she instructs you to go by. Candles in the corners book between them laid open to the spell, cards laid EXACTLY as she has them in the book...come on...spell casting is not that rigid and varies from person to person, depending on style and ethics. Yuck. She has a newer verison of the older one that I have, but I cannot get myself to purchase it. It's just the same old thing with a makeover and a spiffy new design on the cover.

grayfeather

Very good imput my friends. I would have to agree she does not advise on the karma involved with spells. I guess i did assume most people that used tarot for spells were experienced, and yes she is a little strict about how to do the spells. Looking back, I just blew that off as silly. At any rate i thank you all for your wonderful feedback.....Grayfeather