Exciting

Spasticgirlie

There is this one spot near my house, Ive been up to it liek2 times since I first heard about it. It is the most exciting/creepy thing ever. It is called gravity hill. The hill is really small but you stop, right in front of a certain mile marker across from some bushes and put your car into neutral. The amazing thing that happens after this is that your car miraculously starts going up the hill. It isnt really fast or anything but its deffinetly moving. And as far as I have witnessed you dont go up that far. But the really fun part is that there is a ghost story behind this spot. However I dont know if it is true or not. Some people think that it is an optical illusion but it isnt because you start before the mile marker and in the end the mile marker is behind you. I dont really know what to think and me and my friend are planning to investigate it further when it is light out. But in the mean time I was wondering what you guys think of it or if you have anything like that around where you live.

Kiama

Could you tell us whereabouts in the world Gravity Hill is please? I'm very interested...

Kiama

Rhiannon

And please tell us the story associated with this hill/phenomenon. Pretty neat. I'm always in the mood for a good ghost story. })

Rhiannon :)

cricket

That kind of reminds me of a curve in one of the back roads around here. Nobody wants to tell me any sort of story about it or anything, but a lot of times - especially at night - when you go around this curve you can see kind of a misty thing and the temperature drops a few degrees.

Call me crazy, but it's become habit for me to drive by when tings are bothering me and talk to whatever it is down there. Haven't had an answer back yet. :p This entity seems friendly, though. Not threatening at all.

faunabay

How cool!!!!
Now you have to tell us where it is. LOL

Spasticgirlie

This one happens to be in california, but if you look gravity hill up on the net there are many others known about in the united states. The ghost story that is associated with this (there are actually two but I have heard one much more often than the other) is that a long time ago there was a (school?) bus accident on this road. The road was really deserted back then and pretty much still is. Well no one knew about the accident and that fun stuff so I believe basically everyone died from it. So it is said that either a bunch of kids are out there pushing your car trying to get it over the hill to live through their fate, or it is just one kid. Supposivly sometimes you can even see the hand prints on the back of the car.

The other story was i think in the 70's or something there was a couple driving down the road. The guy who was driving was drunk and drove off the edge of the road (it is on the side of a hill). And it is said that they are the ones pushing the car.

Now my friend thinks that in reality you are going down the hill when you think you are going up. He believes that it is an optical illusion. However he has never been there or anything.

Also since there are many out there ( I found a list of some of the known ones on the net, the one Im talking about isnt on there) I think there may be some kind of weird phenomenon with the gravity. Only one on the net was documented as an optical illusion, and all the others are just unknown. I really wonder what it is.

Phoenix

There is a place in New Brunswick called Magnetic Hill, which sounds similar. When you put your car in neutral on the hill, it begins to creep upwards. But it is merely an optical illusion. You think that you are going uphil, but in reality, you are going downwards.

Liliana

Ive heard aout the schoolbus accident story, but the one I heard was on a train track, apparently the bus was hit by a train and if you put your car in neutral and idle on the track the kids ghosts push you off the track. I saw it on tv, and the people dusted the entire car with powder and did it, when they got out after being pushed off the track there were little kids handprints all over the car, it was freaky. Maybe you should try that ;)

:THP

Spasticgirlie

Yeah I have heard the train track story as well. Though I dont know where they were talking about when I heard it. My friend and I are planning to do many experiments with this spot because we want to know why. But also somewhere else around here is a place its like at a farm house or something. You dust your car all over before you go and when you get there you lock the door. While your there you keep quiet and have the lights off. Sometimes you can hear the hitting of your car and noises and such sometimes you cant. But when you leave and look at your car there are little kid handprints all over it. I want to find this place and try it but I dont at the same time.

Also around here is the teddy bear tree. I want to see this tree but my friend says that the teddy bears arent really on there anymore just parts of teddy bears. And this tree ties in with a murderer. If you want I can go more into detail on this at a later time.