Fantastical Creatures Tarot

Citrine

Has anyone heard anything about this deck? You need to scroll to the bottom of the page below ---

http://www.lisahuntart.com/news.html

I clicked on the cards and it took me to this page ---

http://www.fantasticalcreatures.com/

There isn't much information there, but few cards they show look beautiful.
Has anybody seen it mentioned elsewhere on the internet? I checked the `Coming Soon` section at US Games, but they don't mention it.

HearthCricket

I can't seem to get any large pictures, but they look gorgeous and will definitely be a deck I want. I only wish it were coming out before Christmas. I hope USG does not keep us waiting long, like we had to for the Fenestra. Thanks for the heads up on this. I had not heard about it, at all!

FaerieStorm

Not a DJ Conway fan...

I was excited until I saw that DJ Conway is writing the text. Not a big fan. She likes to change things that shouldn't be changed. At least some authors can justify their changes with logical reasons--and give support for those reasons. She just decides to change things. Hopefully she'll stick to tradition this time. Not that I'm against trying new things and new ideas. I just think authors/artists should give good, sound reasons for doing so--or else the changes are hollow and empty.

redflash

I am also not a fan of DJ Conway. I have just finished reading her book on Celtic Magic & she seems to change the bits of history / mythology she wants !

BUT......

Lisa Hunt does stunning artwork so I would imagine it will be beautiful. I have her Animals Divine deck & it is absolutely gorgeous. This new one will be going straight on my wishlist !

WolfSpirit

Oh wow wow thanks for that link Citrine !
Ab-so-lute-ly gorgeous, looks like a darker version of the Animals Divine :D
I am a great fan of Lisa Hunt's artwork.
Not a fan of Conway either, but I don't use the books so much for Hunt's decks, the pictures speak for themselves.

Citrine

WolfSpirit said:
Oh wow wow thanks for that link Citrine !
Ab-so-lute-ly gorgeous, looks like a darker version of the Animals Divine :D
I am a great fan of Lisa Hunt's artwork.
Not a fan of Conway either, but I don't use the books so much for Hunt's decks, the pictures speak for themselves.

My thoughts exactly WolfSpirit.

I had a bit of trouble with Ms. Conway's card meanings for the Celtic Dragon Tarot, though I've noticed that she can come up with some very interesting interpretation and symbolism from the card images. I'm willing to adopt a wait-and-see attitude with this deck/book. Perhaps she will stick a little closer to traditional meanings. And as FaerieStorm points out, new ideas can be a good thing.

I'm going to keep my eye on that web site, maybe there will be some more images and information soon. :)

huredriel

Ooohhh another for my wishlist, thanks for the link :)

laceybutterfly

WooooHooooo!! Thank You!!!

Thank you SO much for posting this, Citrine; I had not heard anything about it before you so kindly brought it to our attention. I absolutely LOVE the artwork of Lisa Hunt...in fact, I already own all three of her previous decks (Shapeshifter, Celtic Dragon and Animals Divine). I will definitely be buying this new one as soon as it is available (I agree with you, HearthCricket, I wish it was coming out before Christmas too). And thank you for the link, Citrine...I now have a shortcut for the "artwork of Lisa Hunt" web page on my desktop (I just love that feature...the computer version of telephone speed dial!! LOL). Hmmmm....I might even put it on my "favorites" list. :laugh:

Cindy

Annabelle

Ooooo....how beautiful! I wasn't a big fan of Lisa Hunt's decks until the Animals Divine came along, which I looove. Looks as if the Fantastical Creatures tarot will be every bit as amazing.

My bet is that the projected release date will get pushed forward and we won't see this deck before late Spring . . . USG never seems to be accurate with their release dates.

truelighth

Ooohhh... wonderful art. I will definately keep my eye on this one. I really like Lisa Hunt's art. Thanks for the link!