Fantastical Tarot

Briar Rose

I got this in a trade, and I *love* it. The pictures actually make me smile. I am bonding with the cards, so I haven't shuffled the deck yet.

Does anyone have this deck? What kind of feeling do you get with it? And how does it read?

Azarial

I have the deck, and I love it. But it doesnt love me at all. I had done a new deck reading with it before, and it said the most terrible things to me, and then it disappeared for over a year and I just found it a couple of months ago. lol

morticia monroe

I love this deck. The colors on the cards are so much richer than they appear online, and it's just got a great "feel". I'm glad I purchased it.

6 Haunted Days

I agree, this deck has some alluring and striking images throughout! I just got it about 2 weeks ago and have looked through it often. I haven't done any readings with it yet. I bought the Sacred Rose around the same time, and that deck has me completely smitten. It's another very Otherworld/Underworld deck.

I am very glad I got the Fantastical! Is your gold edges flaking off? Mine did with the first shuffle, not in a horrid way though.

HearthCricket

I love this deck! It has a fun flare to it, is very different from other decks and reminds me of the artwork of Tim Burton, which I adore! It has a sort of fantasy/fairytale look with a twist, so it isn't sugar sweet, by any means. I feel drawn to this deck around Halloween or after reading darker fairytales because it just has that mysterious and magical touch to it.

SphinYote

I'm glad to know people like it, but all of the figures look like famine and plague victims to me. I think the cards without people are wonderful, but the rest of the deck grosses me out big time with their pale skeletal bodies and big red welts on the joints.

Its interesting to see how different perceptions are on a given deck. To me, I find the baphomet less disturbing than this deck, and that's saying something.

Bat Chicken

I had one - and traded it because the empty eyes.....

raventepes

Get Hertz's Vampire. You'll appreciate it :)

Briar Rose

::smiling, reading here:: I haven't shuffled the cards yet, so the gold edges still look new. And my trade partner was gentle with them.

For some reason I don't find the images creepy or gross in anyway. But I can see what you mean. To me, the are wavy and rickety because we're vewing them from the state of being between awake and asleep.

6 Haunted Days

raventepes said:
Get Hertz's Vampire. You'll appreciate it :)

Yes, I second that, another one from the artist with exquisite art. My favourite thing about this whole deck (Vampire that is) is the Courts, shazam, they rock.

Miss 6