FAVORITE place and time of day...

greatdane

to read just for yourself.

I have a little table set up in my bedroom that is my special place to read and I usually prefer at night, an hour or so before I go to bed. Wondering if more people prefer morning before starting their day, or evening before retiring, particularly for a quick daily read. Place matters to me, as it's easier for me to focus. So, special place or do you just....read wherever you happen to be?

Amanda

I'm a bit of a night owl. But, I always appreciate the middle of the day to some really fast-paced music sometimes. And, it's always got to be in 'my spot' - which is a spot that I've pretty much rooted my energy into. Presently, it's right here where I'm sitting now, at my rather large desk filled with all things tarot. :D

greatdane

Sounds GREAT, Amanda!

It sounds very calming, no matter what kind of music is playing! It's great to have a special tarot desk or corner or even spot under a tree!

Hope you're having a great "read"!

GD

Glitterbird

I get up at 4:00am every morning to just have "me" time with my cards in the early hours before dawn. I read by candle light. And I swill about 4 cups of coffee before the others get up. I can't read tarot after 9:00 at night my brain shuts down:) Probably cause I'm up so early.

Le Fanu

My only time for reading properly is after lunch (during lunch I ponder on which deck I fancy). I have lunch at home and my coffee table is now almost permanently set up *in altar mode* with its black velvet throw, obsidian scrying mirror, crystal balls, a reading cloth sent by Cat* and all kinds of beautiful clutter & paraphernalia.

After I have had lunch, I make myself a coffee, sit down, occasionally smoke a cigarette, shuffle and do my daily draw.

It is usually between 1.00-1.30. a time for quiet reflection and bracing myself for the rest of the day.

Libra8ca

I'm surprised how many people like to read in the morning, for me that's the worst time for a reading although I sometimes pull a card before I leave for work if there is a really pressing issue on my mind.
I prefer to read at night just before I go to bed; that's when I feel the most relaxed and more in tune with the mysterious things of life. I have my cards on a table in the living room. On the weekends I sometimes get the cards out in the afternoon if I have enough time; but I prefer evening. :)

greatdane

I'm with ya, Libra!

I prefer night, in my fav chair, in bedroom with my little wooden folding table that I put a black twin sheet folded over and on top of that, a black velvet sham with organza edges, very kind of gothic, but feminine gothic :)). I have a great floor lamp there and can just sit and ponder....what I may need to think about for the following day. :)

GD

greatdane

Why am I not surprised, Le Fanu!

That's how I picture you reading. In elegance and lots of beautiful, mysterious things about! Well, at least I have the black velvet cloth.....:).

Thanks for sharing. Wish we had pix!

GD

Le Fanu

greatdane said:
Wish we had pix!

...when my table was more minimalist...

Attachments

• SANY0155.JPG
    SANY0155.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 125

greatdane

Wow...Le Fanu...minimalistic?

I think it's bril. Perfect balance (I'm into feng shui and Vastu, love simplicity, but love balance WITH simplicity).

OK, please bear with this old (but new to tarot) crone, which deck is that please?

Thank you so much for sharing a pic!

GD