feeling useful

nisaba

We all need to be useful.

I was out there today, available for readings.

In walks an older woman, wearing her Competent Professional aura. She sits down, we talk for a moment, she shuffles and cuts, I throw some cards around. To begin with she doesn't give me much feedback: not in the sense of deliberately holding back so that I can't "fake" a reading, but because she is listening very closely. I said some stuff that I didn't really understand; and at the end I said "That obviously means something to you, can I ask what aspect of your situation that's bouncing off?" So she told me, and yes, it was quite specific to her needs.

She paid, shook my hand, got up. Just as she left, she turned around and said: "You know, I've had more value out of you in the last half-hour than I've had out of six years of counselling." She meant it.

:bugeyed:

Wow.

Go me.

BeyondtheVeil

Way to go Nisaba!

Way to go nisaba! It sounds like you really touched her! That is so awesome! Go Nisaba! :)

Thanks for sharing!
BTV

nisaba

<happy smile> It was just one of those really *good* moments, the moments that make it all worthwhile.

One also wonders how her counsellor can get away with it ...

BeyondtheVeil

nisaba said:
<happy smile> It was just one of those really *good* moments, the moments that make it all worthwhile.

One also wonders how her counsellor can get away with it ...

You were in tune with her... her counsellor is probably not invested emotionally so maybe didn't really connect with her on the same level that you did/could. Or it could simply be that you were needed to help her along. At any rate... what a great positive experience for both of you. :D

Disa

Oh, that's wonderful nisaba! I bet it really did feel great to hear you helped someone in such a profound way. I think that really is what it's all about.

Indigo Rose

Congrats Nisaba! :) What an awesome affirmation! :heart:

Alta

BeyondtheVeil said:
You were in tune with her... her counsellor is probably not invested emotionally so maybe didn't really connect with her on the same level that you did/could.
That is probably a good part of it. It is surprisingly easy to throw therapists off the track. :(

Between her, you and your cards, some sort of bond formed and helpful stuff flowed. yay you indeed!

nisaba

Gosh, I've only just remembered! She chose the Quantum deck! No wonder I dunn good!

sparkles

what great validation for a reader to get...well done!

Emylicious

Oh Nisaba what a lovely story!

:)

Emily x