Fibonacci Spread

Culain

This spread is based on the famous Fibonacci Sequence, a mathematical principle found in growth patterns throughout nature. Each consecutive number is the sum of the two preceding it: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, etc., ad infinitum. The 0 of the sequence is represented by the empty space at bottom center, between where the final two cards are positioned: the end is the beginning. The number of cards on the final, base row is 8 (consider that the 8th consecutive note of the music scale harmonizes with the 1st, completing and defining the octave). The descending rows show the Fibonacci Sequence in progression, but if you count the actual card numbers down the right diagonal column, you’ll also see it there reaching 13. The left column is thereby a negative pillar to the right’s positive.

As the sequence follows a natural course, I felt the spread should too by not assigning any set-in-stone rules or characteristics to each card. If reading for yourself, pour your intentions, thoughts and feelings into this without verbalizing them (just a suggestion). You may just get some answers you didn’t know you were looking for. Please let me know if you vary this and how it works for you. Also, if you feel there are too many cards here, just drop the bottom row or as many as you like. I include it for myself because I like seeing the Sequence’s zero represented. As with all Tarot readings, I continue to see that the value of what it gives is truly and invariably equal to that with which it is imbued. To anyone unfamiliar with the Fibonacci Sequence: I encourage you to look it up and see examples for yourself. Since a vertically aligned reproduction cannot be made here (tried everything to straighten it, so just ignore the periods which are used to help straighten vertical rows), I'm placing a link to a photo.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/fibonaccispread.jpg/

## ## ## ## 01 ## ## ## ##
## ## ## ## 02 ## ## ## ##
## ## ## 04 ## 03 ## ## ##
## ## 07 ## 06 ## 05 ## ##
## 12 ## 11 .10. 09 ## 08 ##
20 19 18 17 ..##.. 16 15 14 13

tarotbear

I was kind of surprised it isn't a spiral spread.

A 20-card reading (without rules or characteristics) is pretty elaborate to not have any guidence about how to use it.

Has anyone tried using this? What were your results? Comments?

The crowned one

Love the idea, but the spread does not match it.

Babalon Jones

There is a spread I designed in the Book of Seshet that goes with the Rosetta Tarot called the Fibonacci Rose, and it is in a sort of spiral or rose shape, but it only has 13 cards. 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13 is the start of the sequence, but it only goes to the 5 to have 13 cards.

The zero card is the shadow card off the bottom of the deck and isn't looked at til the end, the first 1 covers it, the second 1 crosses it. Then there are two cards for the self & the other, then three cards for past/present/future, then five cards corresponding with the five senses, so 13 cards in all. Has anyone tried it yet? I get really good info from it.

MoiraKarin

There is a spread I designed in the Book of Seshet that goes with the Rosetta Tarot called the Fibonacci Rose, and it is in a sort of spiral or rose shape, but it only has 13 cards. 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13 is the start of the sequence, but it only goes to the 5 to have 13 cards.

The zero card is the shadow card off the bottom of the deck and isn't looked at til the end, the first 1 covers it, the second 1 crosses it. Then there are two cards for the self & the other, then three cards for past/present/future, then five cards corresponding with the five senses, so 13 cards in all. Has anyone tried it yet? I get really good info from it.

I would love to try it out, but do you have a picture of how i should lay out the cards in this spread?. I do not think i understand the intention written above, what does a spiral rose shape spread look like :D

Babalon Jones

Oh boy, it may be hard to draw on here with numbers instead of a picture.

Not sure how to do it...

-------3-------
----2-------3--
--2----0&1&1---3
----5-----------5
-------5-----5

That is the best I can do...it looks better in real life!

The first card is 0 drawn from the bottom of the deck and goes in the center face down. The rest are drawn from the top and are dealt face up. The first 1 card goes over the zero and covers it, the second one crosses it, is laid over the first two horizonally.

the twos are self & other. the threes past/present/future. the fives sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch

sight is conscious & known, hearing is external advice, smell is what you sense and suspect, taste is what you anticipate and take in with hope or fear, and touch is what is tangible, the outcome

the 0 is read last and is the sixth sense

MoiraKarin

Thank you for posting..

I'll promise i do the spread the end of this week or next week. I will give you my sincere opnion of the spread. i must say the spread feels Intriguing.
B.t.w. I really liked the looks of your deck...:)

tarotbear

TB Fibernacci spiral

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number

I was just looking at this explanation, and started thinking (why did everyone take a step backwards?): if the number sequence is 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 ... that is 9 Tarot cards.

If you shuffled and removed the first 21 cards (with me so far?) and then thought this way:

0 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 {Fibernacci numbers}
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 -- 8 --- 9 (Tarot card number in spread)

You would then pull the first six cards {Fibernacci 0 -1-1-2-3}(Tarot 1 - 6)
toss the following card
use the next card off the pack (Tarot 7)
toss the following 4 cards
use the next card (Tarot 8)
toss following seven cards
use the last card (Tarot 9)

Then lay them out in a counter-clockwise spiral.Here is a pic of how this will look.

Anyone game for trying something like this? If you wanted 10 tarot cards, you'd have to pull the top thiry-four and eliminate #22 - 33.

{{{Does this make any sense? You have to compensate for the Zero in the Fibernacci number sequence; this way you will pull the 8th, 13th, and 21st card}}}

Attachments

• IMG_6178.JPG
    IMG_6178.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 383

tarotbear

afterthought ...

I should add (I got tired of making changes as I made corrections to layout) that since the Fibernacci Sequence is 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89 .... and we don't have 89 cards in Tarot, if you wanted to use the full Tarot deck you would be pulling the initial 6 cards, the 8th, 13th, 21st, 34th, and 55th cards - which would give you 11 cards to work with in the spiral.