Finding my true niche: Death and 7 of Wands

Seventh

Hello everyone,

I recently switched jobs and it was a good yet always 'for the short-term' decision (plus the fact that my old company laid off everyone else in my department).

I am now at a point where I can see that my career path does not fulfill me any longer. And I am on a quest to find something much more fulfilling so I did a partial 'find my true niche in life' spread by Baroli and am asking for some help/feedback on the cards I drew:

6.How will you find it? 7 of Swords
7.Where/When will you find it? 5 of Cups
9.Your true Niche in Life is,... Death with 7 of Wands as clarifier
Let's start with what I see in these cards:
Death in general means to me total transformation, starting over (rebirth), feeling like a different person.
7 of Wands can point to starting your own business or being self-employed, something highly competitive, and is encouraging to take a leap of faith, to follow the heart and not to listen to people around oneself. Both are not very precise, to be honest. Should I draw some more cards around that?

When and where I will find it, 5 of cups, by just looking at the card, once I move my focus from ‘loss perceived’ after having to give up something (my current job) on to the two cups that are still standing? Or maybe the two cups that are still standing mean I have skills that I do not focus on?

How will I find it? 7 of Swords. Strategic planning. Being cunning about it. What do I really like to do and taking steps towards making that happen.

prudence

Moderator Note

Hi Seventh,

I'm guessing that this is only a few cards from a larger reading, since you've numbered the cards 6, 7, and 9. Would you please confirm that this is indeed a partial reading, so that we can move it to the right section for that? This section is meant for posting only complete tarot readings for help and feedback.

Thank you, and happy holidays. :)

Prudence

Seventh

I modified the spread mentioned in my first post so it contains only these three cards. Please feel free to move it if it is not the correct place for it.
Happy Holidays to you, too, Prudence!

Hi Seventh,

I'm guessing that this is only a few cards from a larger reading, since you've numbered the cards 6, 7, and 9. Would you please confirm that this is indeed a partial reading, so that we can move it to the right section for that? This section is meant for posting only complete tarot readings for help and feedback.

Thank you, and happy holidays. :)

Prudence

decan

Here I am reading your cards like you.

For me the Death (the only major) card points out the need to change and transform, probably because you have no choice apart from that or that a compromise can be difficult currently. With the Death card I think compromises are difficult, it is more about to face facts and to change.

The 7 of Wands could say that you have to be more centered and active to protect yourself; to be self-employed is possible indeed, but I see more this card as someone being on the defensive with regard to other people and competitive concerning job applications.

Honestly the 2 other cards that you pulled (7 of Swords and 5 of Cups) are a bit difficult so I guess we can expect some struggles with regard to your question in the near future. Nevertheless sometimes we find what is good for us through struggles. Or an advice could be to just consider the need to change, to be more centered and reactive.

onesun

7s: when you develop a strategy

5c: In your heart, and when you forgive/let go the past.

Death/7w: Well, Death is not a niche per se, it's a type of process of a sort, a transitioning. I see this as maybe signaling you will have many careers, or professions. This is 'your niche', or 'your way' in this life. 7w is the strife and overcoming or enduring along the way in these many 'stops' n 'starts'.

*** An aside: Prudence, I didn't see your clear go-ahead but as I read it in his initial post this is a modified version of a 'known spread' (even tho they numbered the cards positionally) and so didn't see an issue with it. Of course, edit as you see fit if necessary. Thnx-OS

Seventh

Thanks, Decan.

Could the constant change/transformation that the Death card indicates also come from always different projects within one job? My current job is very repetitive, applying the same process all over again, not much flexibility and I am really craving change. I'd like to believe that this current job was a stepping stone necessary for my development. Yet, I want to go back to work in my 'old' industry which was entertainment. Film maybe which would be completely new or any other more creative area.

Reading your thought about 7 of Wands, I have a vision of having hibernated in the recent past. Protecting myself more - against outer influences/opinions about what I should do? I am not sure I understand this part.

Right now, I am struggling as I am about to give something up and not seeing what the next step is I want to take.

Here I am reading your cards like you.

For me the Death (the only major) card points out the need to change and transform, probably because you have no choice apart from that or that a compromise can be difficult currently. With the Death card I think compromises are difficult, it is more about to face facts and to change.

The 7 of Wands could say that you have to be more centered and active to protect yourself; to be self-employed is possible indeed, but I see more this card as someone being on the defensive with regard to other people and competitive concerning job applications.

Honestly the 2 other cards that you pulled (7 of Swords and 5 of Cups) are a bit difficult so I guess we can expect some struggles with regard to your question in the near future. Nevertheless sometimes we find what is good for us through struggles. Or an advice could be to just consider the need to change, to be more centered and reactive.

Seventh

Onesun, you are right when you say it is a good thing to develop a strategy. Things have been 'maturing' in me, pondering thoughts and letting go of them when they do not resonate. Quite a (slow) process.

I like the 'In your heart' response as I seem to have looked somewhere else over the past months. Thanks for reminding me. Letting go is another important and big part to it as people tell me to wait and line something up and not to be overhasty.

Could Death mean many challenges/changes but withing one job? I also asked that the other poster. The biggest change will be this upcoming one into unknown terrain.

7s: when you develop a strategy

5c: In your heart, and when you forgive/let go the past.

Death/7w: Well, Death is not a niche per se, it's a type of process of a sort, a transitioning. I see this as maybe signaling you will have many careers, or professions. This is 'your niche', or 'your way' in this life. 7w is the strife and overcoming or enduring along the way in these many 'stops' n 'starts'.

*** An aside: Prudence, I didn't see your clear go-ahead but as I read it in his initial post this is a modified version of a 'known spread' (even tho they numbered the cards positionally) and so didn't see an issue with it. Of course, edit as you see fit if necessary. Thnx-OS

decan

Thanks, Decan.

Could the constant change/transformation that the Death card indicates also come from always different projects within one job? My current job is very repetitive, applying the same process all over again, not much flexibility and I am really craving change. I'd like to believe that this current job was a stepping stone necessary for my development. Yet, I want to go back to work in my 'old' industry which was entertainment. Film maybe which would be completely new or any other more creative area.

Reading your thought about 7 of Wands, I have a vision of having hibernated in the recent past. Protecting myself more - against outer influences/opinions about what I should do? I am not sure I understand this part.

Right now, I am struggling as I am about to give something up and not seeing what the next step is I want to take.
Okay, I can try to explain a bit more my previous post.
I consider your question: What is my true niche in life?

Well, it is just my interpretation and not the only way to interpret your cards here, but I am not sure that the cards gave you an answer with regard to your question.
For me the Death card stresses transformation and a change. Then what precise change and so on, I don't know, your context is essential! I would say carefully that to transform things could be a goal for you.
Concerning the 7 of Wands, this card depicts a man who isn't confortable at all and who needs to protect himself from other wands. From this, my interpretation is that you need to be on the defensive, not so trustful towards your environment or other people, but reactive and on alert.

The other cards are difficult in my opinion: the 7 of Swords could show trickery and the 5 of Cups, disappointment.
It could be an advice to be careful but I don't see a clear answer to your initial question.

Seventh

Thanks, Decan. I think I understand now fully what you were trying to say.

Would it make sense to do another spread as the cards have not really given me a precise answer?

Okay, I can try to explain a bit more my previous post.
I consider your question: What is my true niche in life?

Well, it is just my interpretation and not the only way to interpret your cards here, but I am not sure that the cards gave you an answer with regard to your question.
For me the Death card stresses transformation and a change. Then what precise change and so on, I don't know, your context is essential! I would say carefully that to transform things could be a goal for you.
Concerning the 7 of Wands, this card depicts a man who isn't confortable at all and who needs to protect himself from other wands. From this, my interpretation is that you need to be on the defensive, not so trustful towards your environment or other people, but reactive and on alert.

The other cards are difficult in my opinion: the 7 of Swords could show trickery and the 5 of Cups, disappointment.
It could be an advice to be careful but I don't see a clear answer to your initial question.

decan

Thanks, Decan. I think I understand now fully what you were trying to say.

Would it make sense to do another spread as the cards have not really given me a precise answer?
Okay, great!
With the cards, I think it is possible of course!