Fire Tarot

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
I really like the energy of this deck... I can feel the urge to *add to cart* coming over me...
Resist! Resist!

You know you want to. Resist, that is.

Le Fanu

I shall resist triumphantly until it's cheaper...

Essjay

Thanks for the link Le Fanu. Those cards are very pretty. I'm not sure if it isn't a little sparse for me - I'm undecided at the moment. Although that death card is really stunning.

MoonGypsy - our star signs are all over these cards!!

Metafizzypop

Rather minimalistic but I do like it. And yeah that is a great Death card.

Eyebright

I have this deck! I had forgot I put it on pre-order and had a lovely little surprise when it arrived on Thursday!

Its a very striking deck with bold and at times very minimilistic images. Quite a few of the cards represent myths surrounding fire. For example The Hanged Man card depicts Prometheus chained to a rock with an eagle about to land on his chest. A great image and choice for this card.

Another favourite at this early stage is The Tower. The image is of Mt Vesuvius erupting in the background and a river of lava flowing down the slope of the volcano and engulfing Pompeii. I drew this card yesterday as a card for the day. I then came downstairs to watch the morning news to see images of the tsunami engulfing parts of Japan :( very apt.

Judgement is fire raining down to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, which I could see as meaning judgement, and being rebirthed into a new life.

8 of Pents is Hephaestus creating thunderbolts for Zeus!

So yes there are some great cards in my opinion. There are a couple I don't really get at this stage though, for example the Knave of Chalice is simply a depicition of the Seal of Solomon. There isn't a person on the card! I'm trying to make my mind up on that one. The King of Chalices is also not a person. It is a chinese dragon!

Overall I really like this deck. It isn't a plug in and play deck thats for sure. You really need to think and work with this deck, which is not a bad thing in my opinion. I highly recommend it!

ETA: I love the Fool image in this deck. I had a giggle when I saw it. Best Fool image in my opinion I've seen for ages! :D

Eyebright :heart:

Le Fanu

I ordered this a week or so ago from the Book Depository and have just received an email saying they are unable to obtain it.

gregory

How odd....

Ric is sending mine, and the Wheel of the Year. I HOPE. I haven't had an invoice yet... But I doubt if HE will pull the "unable to obtain this" card ! :D

karen0205

Le Fanu said:
I think that was one of those tarot rumours of wishful thinking which came up in discussion of this deck in another thread.

The infamous AT grapevine... wishful thinking becomes fact. :)
LOL, very true

Cassandra022

I really like the look of this deck. Orange borders are rather off-putting though. Some kind of trimming would be a must, if I got it...

Aerin

Le Fanu said:
I ordered this a week or so ago from the Book Depository and have just received an email saying they are unable to obtain it.

In my experience what that actually means is:

"We are putting the price up and don't want to have to sell it to you at what we promised."

In my last BD debacle they were claiming "unobtainable" while having it in stock at a higher price. Eventually I persuaded them to supply it, but it wasn't worth the hassle - I got all "it's the principle of the thing".