Flornoy's Dodal

eltarot78

Woooouuuuu :) :) :)

I'm very happy, but very happy, yesterday received the Jean Claude Jean Dodal, as the book that accompanies the edition is in English and French, had the delicacy of taking the trouble to make me a translated text in Spanish, thanks, thanks: ) thank you very much Roxanne and Jean Claude.

The work they did is truly impeccable.

The wonder of it all is that is very close to Dodal found in London at the British Museum.
I am restoring on the BnF in Paris.

They are so but so alike and yet so different from that of BM and BnF, as Jean Claude with mine.

I do not think, I feel that one is better than the other two cases is the same and different at once.
I feel it is a miracle, the two not hinders us:)
And the world will have the possibility of having two copies are very close, almost exact copies of both equal and different at once.

It is a miracle and makes me very happy.
I hope you too, and I hope to finish my work soon.

gregory

Rafaël said:
I just received my Dodal!!! :) :) :)

It's a beauty!
I absolutely love the size. It feels right and fits my hand for 100%!

Thanks a lot to Jean-Claude and Roxanne for this tremendous work!
Rafaël
You must have HUGE hands - for some reason I expected Noblet size, and it was a bit of a shock. But they are BEAUTIFUL and very well done too. Well done, Jean-Claude and Roxanne.

Yves Le Marseillais

Handy Deck

gregory said:
You must have HUGE hands - for some reason I expected Noblet size, and it was a bit of a shock. But they are BEAUTIFUL and very well done too. Well done, Jean-Claude and Roxanne.

Ha ha ha !! Yes I suppose he has really big hands coz deck is really tall and wide. Main thing is to have exact size of original regarding historical decks.
And Dodla line to line is corresponding to Flornoy Dodal. As far as I knows for the moment.

For exemple if you get a Conver héron, you will get a minus 8 % deck (rafely).
I got high definitions pictures of Conver BnF and deck is "normal" 120 mm X 62 mm. About.

May be Rafael is a boxer man ?? :)

Best
Yves

le pendu

Even the Dussere Dodal is not the original size, but is also shrunk down.

The deck feels very hefty not only because of the size of the cards, but the high quality cardstock that the Flornoys used, it makes it heavier and thicker than many other decks (but not all! I think the Conver Bicentennial has to be my thickest deck, although the Vandenborre is also quite thick).

I believe the Roxanne has said that the images are exactly the original size, but that the card itself was just slightly larger as it was a requirement to have the slight extra space to create the rounded corners.

eltarot78

Hi LePendv, according to the files that I work (BnF) Dodal Flornoy is just 3mm larger, the image, not the card, it is understood that the process of printing demand other requirements.
The BM images I have, are scaled so that I could not know exactly.

The deck in itself is extraordinary (wow, it feels so good, I have big hands and besides I like being able to observe well the details). the exact size or not, um, achievement and the image looks great, sorry for the women of small hands, would do well getting used to, that if a deck of truth

I really work with my endeavor, well worth it, we're talking Dodal.

Bernice

Eltarot78: ......The wonder of it all is that is very close to Dodal found in London at the British Museum. I am restoring on the BnF in Paris.
.......<snip>....
And the world will have the possibility of having two copies are very close, almost exact copies of both equal and different at once.
Being a non-lover of sploges, blobs & bleeds, these two beautifully restored decks - both with clean & clear images - are a special must-have for me.

Many thanks to both deck creators for making them available.

Bee :)

Rafaël

No, I do not have Na'vi hands ;-)

To Gregory and Yves le Marseillais: you guy's might think I'm a Na'vi, but no I do not have that big hands! ;) (and I'm certainly not blue :))
Here's proof of what I say:

flornoydodalinhand.jpg

As le pendu says: it's high quality card stock, it feels good and heavy. Ready to last a few centuries :)

R.

ps: and I'm no boxer either! ;)

rox

Nice shot, Raphael.

I've siphoned it off for future use - hope you don't mind.

Best

Rox

sapienza

The deck looks very special indeed. :)

ETA....it doesn't look that big. Does anyone have measurements? I thought they'd been posted somewhere but can't find them in this thread. I'd be interested in comparing the size to some of my other decks to get an idea. Thanks.

Strange2

sapienza said:
Does anyone have measurements? I thought they'd been posted somewhere but can't find them in this thread.

132 x 73 millimeters, or 5 3/16 x 2 7/8 inches

Received mine yesterday, it's a beauty!