Gaian Tarot Collector's Edition goes on sale 10/6

joanna-gaian

thorhammer said:
Oooh! Please? I'd love that so much! :love: Thankyou sweetie!

\m/ Kat

You're welcome! looking forward to meeting you in person!

The 78th Fool

Here's a photo of my first full reading with the Gaian, now I'm confident enough with the cards and getting used to some of the less traditional meanings (See attachment). I've laid out the book, bag and amulet with the cards, along with the wooden box I've housed the deck in.

As far as the reading's concerned, the deck cut straight to the quick. I'm thrilled with this as I now know I'll develop a good, practical relationship with the Gaian as a working deck.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• Gaian_reading1.jpg
    Gaian_reading1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 113

WolfSpirit

Kissa said:
I am just so mad at myself right now and mad at the customs. Did other European buyers also paid for VAT or are Finnish customs officers just too bloody zealous????

K

Oh yes ! I had to pay 48 euros (!) to the mailman. Luckily I was prepared because the neighbours told me the postman had been around earlier and would come back when I was at home myself because I had to pay 48 euros.

joanna-gaian said:
Kissa, I am so sorry to hear this. I have heard from a couple of other folks in the UK about the exorbitant customs charges and I've been pretty upset about it myself. I had no idea the charges would be so high. I never had any negative feedback like this when I shipped the Majors-only decks overseas. I don't know if it's because this deck was more expensive than the Majors-only deck, or if customs charges have increased dramatically in the last few years.

I would like to make an offer, to split the customs charge with you and anyone else who is in the same situation. Please email me and I will send you half the customs charge via PayPal.

Hope that will help a little bit.

Thanks for your generous offer, Joanna.
I was thinking of you actually when I had to pay, I thought, Joanna is going to be upset that we are charged so much !
It is my impression that in the last few years customs has become much more strict and greedy. But maybe I bought more but cheaper stuff from the US earlier, and lately just a few things but rather expensive ones that would attract the attention of customs.

Despite this, I am still very happy with the deck. There is still lots to explore about it. Cards like the five of earth (which I rarely like in a deck) and the four of air - to name a few cards that have come up in readings for me - are so original and help me explore new meanings of the cards, I feel it is still well worth the price :)

Joanna

Nina*

joanna-gaian said:
Kissa, I am so sorry to hear this. I have heard from a couple of other folks in the UK about the exorbitant customs charges and I've been pretty upset about it myself. I had no idea the charges would be so high. I never had any negative feedback like this when I shipped the Majors-only decks overseas. I don't know if it's because this deck was more expensive than the Majors-only deck, or if customs charges have increased dramatically in the last few years.

I would like to make an offer, to split the customs charge with you and anyone else who is in the same situation. Please email me and I will send you half the customs charge via PayPal.

Hope that will help a little bit.
Joanna
That's extremely kind of you, Joanna, but could also get pretty expensive for you. Paying customs is simply what we (in Europe) have to do when we buy from outside Europe. It's the same for all of us.

I've had this happening to me a lot of times and it isn't so much customs that annoy me (25 % of price), but the fact that they (in Denmark) ask almost $40 to write me the customs bill. :rolleyes: