Going over the top - where does it end?

fairyhedgehog

I've gone a bit over the top the last few days. It all began when I couldn't resist the mini-Motherpeace I saw on ebay.

Then a New Age shop opened up just down the road from me. Well, I had to look in ... and it was only kind of me to buy something when they're just starting up ;) So I've now got a Tarot of the Old Path to get to know too.

And ... it was ebay again! I've just paid for an Oracle of the Radiant Sun. I'm not into astronomy but I couldn't resist the pictures.

The worst of it is that I'm not too impressed with the Motherpeace, and the Old Path tarot has wonderful majors but rather silly minors. (Sorry all Old Path fans, they just do look silly to me.) I wonder if I'll get on any better with the Radiant Sun?

My excuse is that I'm doing more Gestalt and personal development with my counselling clients at the moment and some of these decks might be useful for that. It's only an excuse though. I think I need to keep away from ebay but it is so much fun. (And at the moment we can afford my little peccadillos ;) )

tarotbear

Dear fairyhedgehog ~

Take Heart! We have all been there at one point or another! Currently I have just ordered books and the DiVinci deck off amazon, a book off Alibris that amazon didn't have, books off eBay ( have 3 more in my queue in case something happens in the next week or so), and ordered other eBay items - to the tune of $$$$ !

Sit back, make a nice cup of Earl Grey ~hot~ and take a breath.

End? :smoker:

Yora

;)I haven't ordered online yet, but i do get at least one tarot/oracle per month! It makes me happy and all tingly inside. LOL :D

Brock Johnson

If it's any consolation, I bought 7 decks over the internet in the past 1.5 weeks!
:D

I don't do that often at all. Actually, they are all for my b-day and they are the first new decks I am getting in about 1.5 years. I think I deserve it.

Brock

pickled pixie

yup totally understand where you are coming from on this one FH!! I think I may have a little tarot problem myself ;) maybe we should start a support group...Hi I'm PP and I am a tarotholic...seriously though I do think it is something I need to keep a close eye on :shhh:

pp xxx

tabbycat

Three decks isn't an excess - sounds more like moderation to me! Excess is when you want a deck from Alida and then you have to buy at least 3 or 4 more to keep it company on the flight over! :)
I'm not buying decks at the moment, 'cos I'm totally obsessed with making tarot bags. I trawl eBay and the Web looking for more exciting fabrics, and I plan each shopping trip so I can visit all the local craft shops and come back with fabric, beads or both! Just the current addiction, I suppose!

Netzach

Glad it's not just me. For a long time I only had the Ancestral Path tarot. Then I thought I ought to buy a Rider Waite. Having got it, I decided I didn't like it so I bought a clone - the Robin Wood. But still wasn't terribly happy reading with it. Ordered the Secret Tarot online . . . didn't like it and later swapped it for a Phantasmagoric (which I love). Then I just had to have the Tarot of Dreams . . . and the Tarot of the White Cats. . . and the Rohrig. And then someone was selling off some decks cheap . . . so three more . . . and I've just bought the Shakespearian and the Renaissance and I'm buying a secondhand Bosch and I'm about to order a Fantastic Menagerie and a Vargo Gothic . . . and my tongue's hanging out for a Tarot of Transformation . . . .

What I really need is an infallible spread which will tell me how to win the lottery!

a_shikhs

There is no end to buying decks. The more you buy, the more you want. lol.. :D Its a real addiction. I am travelling next week and have made a huge list of the decks i want. There is just no end to this. ;)

Le Chat

New Addiction

About a year ago I gave away all but five decks. One, The Goddess Tarot was still sealed. Two nights ago I had to order The Goddess Tarot to replace the other one. Here we go again? I hope not.

WolfSpirit

Hi fairyhedgehog,

I like buying decks (as my collection clearly shows ;) ) but I don't like buying too many, too soon - it sort of takes the joy away. I make a list of decks I would like to buy and wait a while before I buy, sometimes a deck loses its appeal while being on my wish list.
I have now told myself I cannot buy any more decks or books until the second half of the year starts as I bought enough for this half ;) only a short cooling-off period but I think it is just what I need now, lol.