Golden Botticelli

Amary

You know what that devil reminds me of? Of course you don't, that's why I'm going to tell you.

A few years ago, I worked for a children's shelter. We were (in theory) a short-term, emergency placement facility for boys between the ages of 5 and 18. The reality was that some of those boys were there for well over a year.

Anyway, there was one boy we had who looked positively angelic. Big blue eyes, bright blond hair, sweet little face.

He was a psychopath. Not in the popular culture sense, but in the actual, had no conscience, was manipulative and predatory and completely without empathy or compassion. He was terrifying.

So from MY perspective, that card isn't cute at all. It's creepy as hell.

Ambrosia

Amary, that's a very good comparison for this card. The angelic looking little devil is a good disguise for the devil. Not that the little boy you speak of is the devil of course. I do hope he was able to find some help.
Your story brings to mind the movie Damien The Omen.

knitknit

i love this deck very much and use it for readings at the local flea market. the older people seem to really like it and there isnt a lot of nudity justfor the sake of nudity. i trimmed one of my copies last week with aunti lisa-silver crow-and am adding a picture here. i did the scissors she did the corner punch.

Attachments

• botttrimmed.jpg
    botttrimmed.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 89

Freddie

This is a nice looking deck! My wife likes this one.

Freddie

Glenda

The Devil

I believe in this deck the "Devil' is Pan. As a God he can create panic. Also, when I see Pan, I think of Satyrs and Bacchus...all the grapes and wine. The partying and merriment. Giving into the sensual and pleasurable things. Being bound by your own chains and addictions. But in a more light hearted way. Nothing too serious, unless you do this all the time thats a problem.

Also, any horned Gods are always turned into Satan by christians. Pan is a horned God, so it makes sense that he would be pictured as the Devil

Crescent

I have this deck, never used it... just cant seem to jive with it, and so it sits..It is blingy and beautiful. I just dont resonate with it.

Ashtaroot

Still loving it and still using it once in a while:)

nisaba

The gold doesn't come off. NO, it doesn't cover the art work, sometimes its placed to accent things in the art such as knights armor, pentacles, cups etc. Anything that would be shiny in real life.
As well as generous curly-bits of gold all over lawns and skies.

LOL. In the last year and a half since posting, I still haven't taken it off the shelf, dusted it down and used it :D

One day I will!
A suggestion coming your way by PM - I'd hate fer to out you.

Parzival

I believe in this deck the "Devil' is Pan. As a God he can create panic. Also, when I see Pan, I think of Satyrs and Bacchus...all the grapes and wine. The partying and merriment. Giving into the sensual and pleasurable things. Being bound by your own chains and addictions. But in a more light hearted way. Nothing too serious, unless you do this all the time that's a problem.
/QUOTE] from Glenda

Yes, Botticelli was a Renaissance man who mixed pagan and christian myths and themes. This cute satyr might be giving a sermon on the advantages of wild sensuality, with his earthy hooves on the podium and his right hand in the gesture of making a point. The pitchfork points down in christian devilish fashion. The little booklet does nothing to indicate the symbolic artistry running through this deck.

Debra

i trimmed one of my copies last week with aunti lisa-silver crow-and am adding a picture here. i did the scissors she did the corner punch.

It looks great--and tell her hi! Glad she's back into tarot! xxx