Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

Debra

Wolfspirit...a person after my own heart! If you can trim your own hair, you can do anything!

For my next trick, TOMORROW!, I'm trimming the tree branch that hangs over my parking space and whacks me in the head whenever I get out of the car. After that....time to put down the scissors, I guess!

shadowdancer

I have no qualms about trimming, particularly when it is lovely artwork surrounded by a huge white border. (mostly the US Games decks)

have lost count now of trimmed decks I have but off top of my head are:

Druidcraft
Vargo Gothic
Arcus Arcanum
Robin Wood
Whimsical
Hanson Roberts
Gendron
Prague
Cosmic
Ancestral Path
Rohrig
Ananda
Mythic
Connolly
Victorian Romantic (not the Gold one!!)

Absolutely no regrets. The Rohrig is now size of half a house brick instead of a whole house brick :)

The Ananda in particular looks beautiful.

Le Fanu

The giant Thoth trimmed is a sight to behold.I'm not a compulsive trimmer but I did mine and it is now the Thoth I most use. It looks superb spread out on the table, all the projective geometry radiating into other cards...

Londubh

I think I may have to trim the Thoth too. Wish me luck finding a good corner punch. Thankfully I live in a state obsessed with scrapbooking. I'm sure somebody here can recommend one.

Hemera

Londubh said:
I think I may have to trim the Thoth too.

Oh I think I may have to *finally* BUY the Thoth now :p
I am a compulsive trimmer and I love the way most decks transform after a trim. The trimmed Thoth looks so much better with the colors popping out. I might even learn to like it:bugeyed: :p

Londubh

Hemera said:
Oh I think I may have to *finally* BUY the Thoth now :p
I am a compulsive trimmer and I love the way most decks transform after a trim. The trimmed Thoth looks so much better with the colors popping out. I might even learn to like it:bugeyed: :p

I actually own several versions of the Thoth deck - white box, blue box, purple box, - and I still have to buy another one to trim! lol

I did however pick up a corner rounder today, haven't tried it yet.

BlueBlulle

Londubh said:
I think I may have to trim the Thoth too. Wish me luck finding a good corner punch. Thankfully I live in a state obsessed with scrapbooking. I'm sure somebody here can recommend one.

Michael's (national chain) has a Fiskar's brand corner punch. The one I picked up has two sizes available in one punch, make sure you are using the smaller corner. It punched through my standard Thoth quite cleanly. But I must stress making sure you have the corner lined up properly. Practice on business cards before cornering your trimmed deck.

firecatpickles

I did a bad job with a bunch of uneven cards, but it works!

Snipped the corners, too. No more annoying keywords!

Attachments

• Thoth_trimmed.jpg
    Thoth_trimmed.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 126

stargazer

I like the look of the Thoth trimmed. :heart:
Am very tempted to get out my scissors and corner punch ... it looks so much more alive without the boarders.

Thanks for sharing your pics. :)