Graphology

Phoenix Feather

Aloha everyone! I have just discovered the art of graphology, using doodles (on notes, school work, ect.) to find out about one's self.

I wanted to share with you all this interesting form of... er...divination?

Doodles:

Arrows: someone with aggressive ambition

Dots: dots used to form pictures often signify a person with a very fragmented of unstable personality

Eyes/Lips: strongly sexual/sensual

Flowers: drawn mostly by woman, a sign of a romantic nature

Intricate patters: obsessive compulsive

Jets/Planes: A strong sex drive (mostly drawn by males)

Landscapes: someone who indulges in their imagination

Zigzags: a need for comfort

Boats: need to escape from restrictions

Trees: signifies isolation (emotionally)

Hope you all enjoy this brief list I put together ^_^

Caio

~Avey

Aura Wolf

Cool :) I always draw flowers, landscapes, and trees. Interesting analysis.

NeXoRiouS

Very interesting. What about cars? I have a friend who loves drawing cars whenever he's bored.

Vilyariel

thats interesting.

I tend to scribble ALL THE TIME, i get bored really easily. If i have a pen in my hand, i just draw random scribble [it is in no form whatsoever] in a concentrated corner, or maybe a pattern...i also have an obsession with stars and flowers and checkered patterns.

katie_here

Doodles

I'm guilty of drawing flowers!!! and 3D block letters.

what about my son, always drawing guns! and DragonballZ characters.

Typical teenager?

Vilyariel

i think it's normal for young boys to draw guns and stuff in this day and age... its almost impossible for them to watch anything or play any games these days without some violent undetone or theme.

Plus, even without the games, there is always the news... every second story is about guns and violence, its awful.

carly

Faces

I wonder what faces mean? I'm always drawing different faces, of made up people. Hmm, I'm a people-person maybe? Not so sure.

Carly

zorya

it might mean you have a fascination with people, or with the many different aspects of yourself.

Kit

I'm guilty of most of the above: trees, landscapes, intricate patterns (obssesive compulsive? Now you mention it...), and the odd eye or flower. Oh, and sometimes arrows too.
But what about stars? Tell us about stars! I'm always scrawling 8-point stars on everything.
Now vines- they are interesting. I draw ones with spiralling offshoots and water lily like flowers alot. Don't ask why (I don't know). Would we say they are a combination of tree and flower, or something else altogether?

Great thread, Phoenix Feather!

Raeven (the obssesive compulsive scribbler)

zorya

vines are interesting and might be equated with labyrinths. seldom is the distance between two points, actually a straight line; sometimes it may seem as if you backtracking or not getting anywhere, when in reality, as long as you keep moving you will find the center, or what you are looking for.

vines also may symbolize that which is hidden, or secrets. embelishing with flowers might mean beautiful things that are hidden. water lilys might suggest the emotional. spirals hint at spiritual growth. as tendrils, they support the vine (you).

stars might symbolize your hopes and dreams. because they are 8 pointed, they could be very practical or work oriented dreams that hint at security and stability.

arrows might be direction; thinking about a specific goal. you might also want to see what it is the arrows are pointing at.