guides / intuition / higher power stuff... thoughts?

Chiska

I've met at least one guide - his name is Connor. He is like a guide through the forest when I meditate. Points out things to notice, things to avoid, etc.

Oddly, he had a predecessor who met me at the "gate" and told me that I needed to wait. I did. Later, there was Connor.

Rhapsodin - Grounded and Centered - I think of them in the context of Buddhism's here and now. Similar to how you described. When I meditate/journey, I need to maintain a line to the here and now. My physical here and my temporal now.

Bruho

...Rhapsodin - Grounded and Centered - I think of them in the context of Buddhism's here and now. Similar to how you described. When I meditate/journey, I need to maintain a line to the here and now. My physical here and my temporal now.

Chiska pretty much nailed it. To 'center' I go into a state of 'no mind' and to be 'grounded', I will literally sit on the ground and feel the earth energy pass through me as it cleanses and realigns my energy fields. I have found that one of the best ways to ground myself is to sit with my back to a tree.

ravenest

To be centred is to position yourself so the forces effecting you are equal.

It can relate to the four elements in the psyche (individuation/inspiration/superconscious : empathy/ understanding / unconscious : mentation / logic / deduction/ consciousness : physical body) but also those four elements can be used as a focus for all physical manifestations as well - not just the fourth principle being physical - all of them can have a physical counterpart.

eg, Fire, projecting ki or chi, imagine energy streaming out your fingers, eyes, etc. Water, drawing in ki or chi via the hara. Air, as Broho says ... no mind ... still the mind and focus on the visualization and not other things ( breath helps here) . Earth; imagine your weight concentrated on all the underside parts of your body (which will changes when you move).

This will create wonderful centering ... so much so that people may not even be able to physically remove you from your centre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y9GDu1suZ4

starburst_au

I'm in the same stage as you, so I will be looking to the answers.
:)

I was just looking at everyone contributing to this thread and i'm thinking we have lots to digest and ponder Ivanna! Happy reading :D

Cheers,
SB

Rhapsodin

Awww, I feel it was my fault questioning some terms that have recently come into fashion that has brought complications upon the thread.** It really isn't as complicated to make a start.

The tarot majors are a wonderful way to make a start. Just looking up the part of the story occupied by a card (in the "Tarot Card Meanings" section) and meditating on the card with that in mind is the start of a long and rewarding journey. Ask how it relates to you. Let the symbols/images on the cards evoke whatever thoughts they will.

Later on you can look at the minors - what the elements and numbers mean - but all in good time!

**I've been looking around ebay and elsewhere for a New Age buzzword generator but have yet to find one!

starburst_au

Awww, I feel it was my fault questioning some terms that have recently come into fashion that has brought complications upon the thread.** It really isn't as complicated to make a start.

*giggles* Think of me like a new born .. i know nothing... well, limited in my understanding.

The tarot majors are a wonderful way to make a start. Just looking up the part of the story occupied by a card (in the "Tarot Card Meanings" section) and meditating on the card with that in mind is the start of a long and rewarding journey. Ask how it relates to you. Let the symbols/images on the cards evoke whatever thoughts they will.

** Thanks for sharing! That actually sounds like something that I can try and will be really beneficial!

Later on you can look at the minors - what the elements and numbers mean - but all in good time!

** Fantastic! I'm a bit excited now. It will give me a bit of a focus. I've been doing a few spasmodic guided meditations... and yeah they are great, but with a focus, mediations in the future could be a little more ... enlightening!

**I've been looking around ebay and elsewhere for a New Age buzzword generator but have yet to find one!

** lol! Oh i'm sure i'll be on the same wave length soonish and you wont need the generator :p

Thanks again !
SB

starburst_au

I believe that guides and whatnot are parts of our inner selves, perhaps usually unconscious. So a key to their authenticity may be whether what they communicate feels acceptable to us. I know that most people want to externalize spiritual entities, but I think that this is due to cultural conditioning, perhaps influenced by the Abrahamic religions, such as Christianity, which objectify God and angels and all such stuff. A somewhat different view is taken by the mystics, who view spiritual entities such as God as within ourselves, in addition to being possibly transcendent.

Thanks for sharing your perspective. Much appreciated. I've never even thought of that being a possibility. That is guides possibly being parts of our inner selves.

Food for thought there - inner voice stuff. Makes sense.

Cheers,
SB

starburst_au

I agree to an extent with LRichard ... I'd add a pinch extra of unknown and unknowable.

I see them as personifications* of circulating forces from a feedback loop with personna/environment informing transperson psychological processes that form the Superego, which feed back down ( the spirits or guides) to modify the Ego Id in the personal realm.

** Thanks for sharing. Again, another interesting perspective. If you feel like sharing, how did you learn about the personification? Or it's something that has developed for you over the years, with some psychology added?

The problem is short-circuits; ie. it might be a direct surfacing of an Ego or Id drive ascending into consciousness mistaken as a Superego modification descending down into Ego. Thats why psychologists, psychiatrists and magicians have ways of testing them.

** That was a mouthful and I double blinked a lot! I think I get what you're saying here...

Simplistic modern views on this seem to deny the need for any testing and just accept any 'communication' at face value. Tut tut !

* In many areas, it helps us to deal with, try to understand or comprehend a wide variety of things by projecting 'identity' and other human traits into them, even though they may not have them themselves - we even do it with quarks, giving them 'flavours' like 'charm' . Its a type of psychological polytheism. ... I'll even talk nicely to my car ... when 'he' has been a 'good' 'boy'. (It makes 'him' run better ;) )

** Again, interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm liking all the different views and approaches everyone is sharing. As it exposes me to lots of different schools of thought.

Cheers,
SB

starburst_au

I've met many of my guides, but two of them seem to be regulars for me. The first guide I met and saw was a Franciscan Monk. I recall waking up in the wee hours of the morning to a very bright white light in our bedroom. Standing in the middle of this white light was the monk, and he looked at me and asked me if I was ready to start my spiritual path.

I was a bit surprised at seeing him and still half asleep, didn't really know what to do. I recall pinching myself--honestly!- to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I wasn't. It hurt. :D So, I murmured a "Yes" to him and at that moment the husband, still sound asleep next to me in bed, rolled over and snored rather loudly--scaring me, and I turned to look at him, turned back and the monk was gone! However, it was not to be the last time I'd see him.

** WOW! Yeah, i'm quite literally too scared and DON'T WANT TO SEE ANYTHING! From a young age, my mum (who is a bit of a hippy git) has always said, if you don't want to see anything say it and you won't see anything... AND that's what i've done for a long, long, long time lol. Sense of knowing, i'm happy with. I'd be ok with dreaming.... that appears to be less scary.

I also have another guide, whom I call Joe. Joe comes to me a lot--again while I am asleep and also while I meditate. I do sense him other times too, but I've only ever seen him while sleeping or meditating. He has helped me to get to the Akashic Records often, and he also helps me with my astral traveling.

** I've been told a few times that I have 4 guides and they all hang out. I kinda like to think they are just hanging around waiting for me to ask for their assistance. I mean, that would be awesome lol. Probably not the case!

Ah the Akashic records! I wouldn't mind accessing them! Just having a little flick through to see a few things, or at least 'tap' in and out!

As for the astral travel - I know what it's about, not sure if i've only experienced it a few times.... And it was literally from my bedroom and walked around the house and outside my house.... It's a start I guess.

I have other guides too--but those two seem to be my main companions.

As for my intuitive side, that is different. If a spirit is trying to get my attention, I notice it first with a sign. Sometimes I get a fluttering buzz like sound in my ears. When that happens, I KNOW there is a spirit trying to contact me and so I'll relax and invite them 'in'. Sometimes they just appear to me--especially if I happen to be around moving water. A waterfall, in the shower, running the tap, that sort of thing. And, generally, when they appear to me this way--I will actually see them--but they are usually a bit 'see - through'. They are generally fully dressed, (though I've also seen some naked :bugeyed:), but everything is sort of faded and light.

** What you've described is truly an amazing gift! Again, i'd be completely freaked out by the experience! I've read or discussed with people / friends that you can ask for a sign, like touched on the face so you know they're around ...

I also at times only hear them and won't see them, or I feel them only. They may actually touch me--(I've had one male spirit kiss me on my cheek and another one slap my behind! :bugeyed:). I also have spirits that will move things on me, turn the tv on or off and chang the channels on me--while I am watching tv and also in the middle of the night. they turn the volume up and down, open doors, all kinds of things.

**I hope you can ask the spirits to behave! lol!

Sometimes I daydream and see a 'movie' like thing happening - generally for people I know , but sometimes with people I have never met yet--but then in a few days times - weeks at the most, that exact same movie will come to be---everything EXACTLY as I saw it in my mind.

** Lots of amazing gifts, and thanks for sharing! I'd be comfortable just having that flow of intuition and 'knowing' feeling. Bit too scattered at the moment, BUT I will get there eventually. I just have to chip away slowly.

I often will hear people I know say something (and they aren't really talking yet) and then a few minutes later they actually do say the exact thing word for word. that is a bit unsettling, because I often answer before they even say the phrase I know they will say. That has happened for me since I was a child. I don't really know why it happens or how--but I've gotten more use to it now.

I don't know how to explain it any more or how to tell you to even develop such a skill, save to tell you I think meditation, practice and trust in yourself that it will happen can help.

** Yeah, mediation does appear to be the key, and I guess just lots of reading and discussions with people who are knowledgeable / on the same wave length as me... helps a lot.

I have always done creative visualization, even before I knew what I was doing could be called that. That was another skill I always had since being a kid. So, I have to be careful of my daydreaming! :D

Creative visualisation? Kinda like manifesting stuff you would like in your life?

Thanks again for sharing all your awesome gifts! Most awesome experienced you've had!

Cheers,
Kate

celticnoodle

Creative visualisation? Kinda like manifesting stuff you would like in your life?

Thanks again for sharing all your awesome gifts! Most awesome experienced you've had!

Cheers,
Kate
yes. exactly. you have to 'see' it as if you already have it and not allow anything negative to interfere. It works.