Hanged man and Tower as feelings

beatlenat

I got Hanged Man & Tower as someone feeling for another and I'm having a hard time reconciling the two together because usually for me the Hanged man is about no changes (holding the same pattern) and the Tower is about the opposite.

One thing that came to me was maybe the relationship is hanging by thread and about to come crashing down. Anyone care to weigh in?

Thanks

I used the RWS and use no reversals

tarot4fun

beatlenat said:
One thing that came to me was maybe the relationship is hanging by thread and about to come crashing down. Anyone care to weigh in?
A similar thing came to my mind~
They keep 'hanging around' but, 'things will fall apart'.

clbzkl

There could be a sudden realization that causes one member of the situation to see the relationship through the others eyes. Just a thought?

Thirteen

Revelation

beatlenat said:
I got Hanged Man & Tower as someone feeling for another and I'm having a hard time reconciling the two together because usually for me the Hanged man is about no changes (holding the same pattern) and the Tower is about the opposite.
Ah, but both are about revelations. The Hanged Man doesn't just hang. He is usually driven or forced by circumstance to hang and observe from that new angle, things as he's never noticed before, or seen in this particular way. And once he's finished having this revelation, he can come down and continue on anew.

Likewise, the Tower doesn't just come tumbling down, it comes tumbling down in a flash of lightening that illuminates everything missed before. It falls because in that flash of truth, this tower of falsehood can no longer stand. In both cases, the person doesn't enter into the revelation. They're usually not actively seeking it. But they surrender, or must surrender to circumstances and be witness to something that opens their eyes and changes their thinking.

I think that says pretty clearly what this means about this person's feelings for another. They had one idea of how they were feeling. They were pretty sure of it. Then they really got to know this person, or maybe the person just said or did something totally unexpected and in such a way that it turned the other person's world upsidedown, the lightening flashed and false assumptions came crashing down. Everything they thought they felt or knew was completely wrong. THIS was the real person.

I don't know if what they discovered was good or bad. But both those cards say that what they're feeling right now is a kind of stunned, shocked, amazed "Oh...my...gawd!" That's what they're feeling. :)

Grizabella

Well, depending on the situation and surrounding cards, it can mean any number of things.

Perhaps it could mean this is someone the other person has been making a personal sacrifice for only to discover they have significant feelings for them sexually and/or romantically, which comes as a huge revelation---maybe not for the best. Like if it's a married woman working taking care of a handicapped person who suddenly realizes they're in love with the one they're taking care of. (I actually knew this to happen.)

It might mean you've made tremendous sacrifices to save and invest money for your future or your children's educations only to find out Bernie Madoff ran off with the money.

It could mean you've become a nun only to later find out (through some personal crisis) that everything you've believed in has crumbled.

It could be a huge revelation such as that the guru/priest/teacher you've adored and looked up to is a fraud.

Well, you get the idea.

There are tons more it could mean.

tarotcardrose

Hanged One

I always take the Hanged Man as uncertainty. Not knowing how one feels. Stuck in Limbo. Now, I would really have to see the whole spread, but I feel with the Tower, it can mean the person doesn't know how they feel (hanged one) because there is emotional turbulence going on in their life (the tower).

I actually got these cards a few months ago for a client in the same position!

She asked how a man felt about her, who she broke up with months before and didn't talk to since. I got the Hanged Man& tower.

I told her , he isn't sure what he wants right now because there are other (more important) things going on in his life now, that are in the forefront.

She found out that at the same time we read the cards, his brother was killed in a car accident. So, it could mean there are other, issues going on in their life.

balenciaga

It looks as if the person feels they must "give up" (HM) because of some upset (Tower).

beatlenat

Thanks everyone!

Thirteen said:
I think that says pretty clearly what this means about this person's feelings for another. They had one idea of how they were feeling. They were pretty sure of it. Then they really got to know this person, or maybe the person just said or did something totally unexpected and in such a way that it turned the other person's world upsidedown, the lightening flashed and false assumptions came crashing down. Everything they thought they felt or knew was completely wrong. THIS was the real person.

I don't know if what they discovered was good or bad. But both those cards say that what they're feeling right now is a kind of stunned, shocked, amazed "Oh...my...gawd!" That's what they're feeling. :)

That's a very interesting take and I was wondering if it has to be something that the person did or said or if it can also be an outside event (a birth or a death for example) that changed their perception/feelings.

beatlenat

tarotcardrose said:
I always take the Hanged Man as uncertainty. Not knowing how one feels. Stuck in Limbo. Now, I would really have to see the whole spread, but I feel with the Tower, it can mean the person doesn't know how they feel (hanged one) because there is emotional turbulence going on in their life (the tower).

I actually got these cards a few months ago for a client in the same position!

She asked how a man felt about her, who she broke up with months before and didn't talk to since. I got the Hanged Man& tower.

I told her , he isn't sure what he wants right now because there are other (more important) things going on in his life now, that are in the forefront.

She found out that at the same time we read the cards, his brother was killed in a car accident. So, it could mean there are other, issues going on in their life.

Thanks for the input tarotcardrose - there wasn't really a spread - she just asked about this person's feeling and these two cards were pulled. What you're might actually make sense as well as the person she was asking about is going through some big changes in their life and maybe they don't have time to deal with their feelings.

beatlenat

balenciaga said:
It looks as if the person feels they must "give up" (HM) because of some upset (Tower).

Oh I like this! This is actually what I actually think she *should* do - or rather I think she should give up before it causes an upset (it's a type of 'other woman' situation).