Has tarot replaced communication...

MareSaturni

gregory said:
I wouldn't go for that one. So-and-So's intentions are so-and-so's business (however much they may impact on you in the end) and if you want to know, you can ask.

How will my relationship with so-and-so develop ? would be OK.

That's EXACTLY how i see. John Smith's intentions towards me are not ME, they are HIM. He hasn't even expressed them properly yet - why i should i know them?

Now "How will my relationship with John Smith develop" or "How i can i better approach John Smith", or even "How John Smith's decision will affect me" are OK. It's not what John Smith think or feels or decides, but how it affects YOU.

gregory

Marina said:
That's EXACTLY how i see. John Smith's intentions towards me are not ME, they are HIM. He hasn't even expressed them properly yet - why i should i know them?

Now "How will my relationship with John Smith develop" or "How i can i better approach John Smith", or even "How John Smith's decision will affect me" are OK. It's not what John Smith think or feels or decides, but how it affects YOU.
And that's exactly how I see it ! Same page ! HELLO, sister !

MareSaturni

gregory said:
And that's exactly how I see it ! Same page ! HELLO, sister !

Hello sister! It's our Mercury & Mars in Scorpio talking })

zan_chan

Have I misunderstood? I thought the reason we all posted on a message board was because of our tarot vows of silence. I haven't spoken aloud since I bought my first deck. After friends intervened, I met my now partner, a reformed Buddhist monk, in rehabilitory speech therapy, but have since resumed the tarot-required non-communicative lifestyle I had so enjoyed prior to therapy.

If it weren't for third-party questioning, Im not sure how I'd know anything at all. Is the president getting enough sleep? 4 of Swords-- thank goodness. Is my sister planning on calling and interrupting American Idol? Does my dog Rex like me as more than a friend?

How else would I possibly know these things? If that's not the essence of what tarot is for, I really can't imagine what is...

:laugh:

Nytebugg

I was playing devils advocate and pointing out there is a huge grey area.
I also felt a little judged, to tell you the truth, because I admit that I read third party.

cherryberry

Marina said:
This is the VERY reason why i don't do third party readings. Don't ask ME what he thinks - ask him.

Not to mention when people want the cards to contradict what the person said. He said no - she comes to me and asks what he really means or really feels, in hope i'll say "he actually meant yes, you know, he's insecure blah blah blah."

I already ranted enough here in the forum on why i don't do third-party reading, and had enough rotten tomatoes thrown at me so i'd rather not go down this road again. But i do agree that people are becoming more and more fearful of experiencing, without realizing that both the good and bad experiences are important in our lives.

Yes, i do believe that asking "what does he think of me" or "what is she doing" IS intrusive. And useless. There's nothing you can do with this information except speculate and turn little things in big monsters. I know that - believe me, i have fretted over readings about how Mr. I-Wish-Was-Right felt about me and what would he do if we met and and and... it made me confused and depressed, because not only i couldn't understand the information, it also made me anxious because nothing could be done about what he felt or which would his reaction be.

I think a good reading is the one that gives the querent tools to do actually something - "how can i approach him" or "how can i make my relationship with her more open". If you are afraid of the next experience, instead of asking about the other, why not asking about the reasons behind your fear?

The problem is that people are too much interested in others, and too afraid to look inside themselves.

that is a brilliant post - i know what you mean indeed and I was trying to explore in another thread - who/what answeres these 'intrusive' questions if 'I' feel its not right to ask them, and because we get answers is it maybe ok to ask ;)

I still prefer not to, usually twist it around and comment on what the querent can to in response to person X :)

Key point is, as you said - asking it is useless if you dont do anything with the info. Life is about conscious action I think - and linking back to the title of the thread, it is about communication...verbal, emotional, physical :)

Manda

Nytebugg said:
I also felt a little judged, to tell you the truth, because I admit that I read third party.

There seems to be a lot of what I call "tarot snootiness" in the world. It seems to happen when someone does something different than the snooter. :cool:

I have not read this whole thread, so that is by no means directed at anyone. It's just the proverbial bee gets in my bonnet when it seems like someone is being judged.

cherryberry

another thing that struck me though is the reading about how 'I' am feeliing. Must say, never done that, never occured to me - BUT now I am thinking maybe that is an interesting exercise. As people (including me) can have blind spots in regards to themselves.
In fact I recently got an intuitive reading that revealed something for me - where I first thought - nah! not true, thought about it before, I know how I feel about that person (family member) but then she mentioned a few things, where I thought ..... how could I *not* see that before!!!

People have blindspots - so reading about oneself might be enlightening.

moderndayruth

Nytebugg said:
No one said there wasn't, but I think Irisa puts it the best:
irisa said:
I draw a line in the sand when the question doesn't contain an I or me the minute the focus of the question becomes he/she/they. Once the focus of the reading turns away from the sitter onto someone else not present and therefore not consenting for me it's something I won't do.

Nytebugg said:
Again, it depends on the definition of a third party, but whomever is doing the dreaded dis-empowering & pseudo-mind-reading thing should be aware of the consequences... and there are consequences. The worst possible, in my believe, being the statement that it all is for entertainment purposes, hence everything is permitted. (Not having in mind professionals who used it as a disclaimer, its all another thing.) If its for entertainment only, and if anything is permitted - than its not a serious rapport, one (imo) is not a serious reader and can not neither expect nor deliver serious readings and results.
ETA
Manda said:
It's just the proverbial bee gets in my bonnet when it seems like someone is being judged.
Manda, sorry, but if you see discussing what is ethical and what isn't as 'judging', so be it. Than everyone's grey tissue and analytical skills are absolutely useless, no?
Also, reading the actual posts before replaying, does contribute to the discussion at hand, i think.

MareSaturni

I'm deleting this because this message was based on a big misunderstanding on my part, for which i apologize. It does not add to the topic and may leave some hard feelings, which i don't want to happen.

Thank you for understanding.