Has this ever happened to you and would the reading still be 'valid'?

Umbrae

I read with Majors only all the time (okay - a lot).

Some would say that's like playing with fifty-six cards missing!!!

They would however - be incorrect.

nisaba

I used to do that!

It's a skill I've largely neglected, though.

I should pull out some of my Majors-only decks next time I'm working, as a discipline, and offer only those to my clients.

<feels brain running around and around inside the skull, beating on the walls trying to escape>

Er ... yes. I think I should spend more time with 22-card decks.

Actually, I'm rather partial to 42-card decks, quite aside from any galactic hitchhiking affiliations I might feel. Even if you really don't like pips, a 22 card deck is greatly enhanced with the Court Cards, which are a whole world of hteir own, and the Aces as the raw power of each element.

With a deck stripped-down in that fashion, I'm really quite comfortable, now that I think of it. And yes, it's not as if cards 2-10 are MIA at all.

thorhammer

Debra said:
I had this happen in a recent reading. The querent cut the deck and a card got left behind. She picked it up and put it on the bottom; we both saw it. I was working at a small table so after I laid out the cards, I put the rest of the deck on a nearby shelf. Later we needed a few more cards. Just before we finished up, I realized that I had left the bottom card (9 of wands) on the shelf. So there it was, twice talking to us.

It was what she didn't want to see.
Eggs-zackery!!!!

I'd take especial note of any cards not in the deck at the time of the reading, in case they do represent something important that is being ignored.

Get all mystical on your sitter's ass if they ignore your advice about ignoring :D :p

\m/ Kat

The crowned one

Umbrae said:
I read with Majors only all the time (okay - a lot).

Some would say that's like playing with fifty-six cards missing!!!

They would however - be incorrect.

I would say you are reading about things you can respond to ..