Healing Runes and a spinning ring

hunter

I was studying the runes awhile back, but got distracted with tarot and chakras. I'm thinking of buying a spinning rune ring and restudying the runes using the healing runes meanings.

Yes I know the meanings are "wrong" but...

Organizing my recovery around the wellness model of the chakras has been very helpful to me. To have colors to represent concepts is helpful.

I'm thinking it might also be helpful to use the healing runes to organize the keywords and topics so popular in recovery communities. And then to wear them. It really helps me to wear my chakra bracelets. It's so grounding.

Has anyone used the healing runes? I managed to borrow the book from the library. I'm not all that impressed with the rune descriptions, but the rune names are a great start to me writing down info from other sources.

Rede Seeker

Healing Runes = ?

The word 'Rune' is being batted around a lot these days. Please be specific on what you are considering 'healing runes'. Are the bindrunes build from the Runes of the Elder Futhark or something else?

hunter

Ralph Blum's book " The Healing Runes".

cardlady22

You know me . . . I'll play around with anything.

Since the symbols are the Elder Futhark renamed & reordered, I tend to compare them to the traditional order but contemplate them as triplets: 1 from each aett.
Honesty, Gratitude, Wisdom, Guilt, Surrender, Acceptance, Trust, Serenity
Anger, Shame, Fear, Patience, Denial, Love, Boundaries, Compassion
Courage, Prayer, Forgiveness, Innocence, Humor, Faith, *Hope, *Grief
*these 2 get switched sometimes; for this exercise, it feels correct to end with Hope

I ask myself what part supports Blum/Loughan's assignment and what part seems to oppose it.

ETA: I don't create or use bindrunes in the traditional sense because I don't know what I'm doing and am wary about mixing things up. *remembering chemistry experiments* :bugeyed:

tigerlily

Everytime I read "runes" and "Ralph Blum" in one sentence, I wince.

Emily

I like his Rune stones - very basic but the terracotta appeals to me. :)

hunter

I bought the ring here. Shipping is SLOW. I don't have it yet and it's been 2 weeks I think.

http://www.thorrshammersite.com/runerings.htm

I know many people are anti Blum and I got pulled into the doing it "right" method my first try at learning the runes. Right now I care far more about my mental health than being right :-0

Cardlady, I see that I should learn them in the traditional order as that it how they are on the ring. Thank you for the idea.

I bought the ring big, so it can fit on my right forefinger. I notice that finger a lot when I am writing. I think in moments of crisis it will be soothing to spin a rune or purposefully position one.

emmsma

Hunter, those are lovely. saved the link for the future. Thanks for sharing.

Hope it arrives for you soon.

F.M. Tarot

tigerlily said:
Everytime I read "runes" and "Ralph Blum" in one sentence, I wince.

Ditto :laugh: Steer well clear if you want any kind of authentic rune experience!

hunter said:
I know many people are anti Blum and I got pulled into the doing it "right" method my first try at learning the runes. Right now I care far more about my mental health than being right :-0

It's not really about doing it 'right' as you say, it's about the actual power, depth and magic of the real Rune system and the centuries up centuries of added knowledge, wisdom and added power.