Health divination by birthdate??

SunsetKay

I'm uncertain whether this belongs here.

I'm chatting with my cousin while I'm working today and she says that she can tell me what my health issues are by the plant that corresponds with my birth date. So she claims that my birth plant is mullein and that means that I'll have problems with dry skin, and chronic respiratory infections, sore throats and earaches. All of which are actually true. But she says that I could also have thistle for a birth plant, which means that I'll also have "bad nerves" and high blood pressure. Again true. But... she's my cousin, so I can't say that I'm entirely convinced that she didn't just come up with this through family gossip. I'm a skeptic at heart. Lol. Has anyone heard of this? Or know where I'd be able to start researching? I just downloaded a bunch of books on herbal properties, but I don't have the faintest idea where I'd look to figure out how plants correspond with days/months. I only know how to associate a limited amount of plants with elements. :( I'm dying to know and she's being all mysterious and secretive. Lol.

celticnoodle

wow! I'm dying to know too! :D I hope you can find out and share here on this thread when you do. I'll try to find out myself and if I do find it, I'll also post here here again with what I find on it. Very interesting!!!

celticnoodle

well, I'm sure this wasn't the source your cousin used, but read through it. My flower is marigold (for month of October)--and it does mention some things marigold is good for--healthwise. http://www.whatsmybirthflower.com/october-birth-flower/

and, while this site below isn't quite it either, it sort of supports the site above and would support what your cousin found...http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/06/150608111557.htm

its a sad start, but I can't find anything else and will have to keep searching.

SunsetKay

Thank you!! I'm searching too and if I find anything else, I'll post it for anyone that is interested.

SunsetKay

Just saw your first post. :) Lol. I'll definitely post what (if anything) I find. I'm going to try to suggest an exchange.

dancing_moon

In this book preview that I've found, mullein is associated with people born before 23 Oct., and thistle people start on 24 Oct. It may be in the same vein with wherever it is your cousin got her information from. :)

celticnoodle

what a cool book Dancing_Moon. thank you for sharing this!

SunsetKay

In this book preview that I've found, mullein is associated with people born before 23 Oct., and thistle people start on 24 Oct. It may be in the same vein with wherever it is your cousin got her information from. :)

Oh, that's great! Thank you! I think that's it!!

SunsetKay

You guys are the absolute best!!

danieljuk

I think this is related by there is traditional birth flowers of the month, there is more on this wikipedia entry here. Interesting there is a traditional flower for every month in a U.S method and a UK method! Mine really fits my birth month in both systems :thumbsup: