Help!!!!! Got a dilemma

Celtictarot

Hello everyone

I sent back a copy of the oracle of the Dragonfae (2nd edition) to the seller, box was untouched as one look at the box, I packed it back for a return. I have my proof of postage and now after a month the company (ABC Books) is saying that they have not received the book. I used their own returns label as well.

Question is, how do I go about it to get my refund? I am starting to get worried about this now!

morganesky

I haven't used that company before but perhaps take photos of your postage receipts and send them copies of those. I had to do that with amazon once as their 7 day return rule meant it cost us 30 bucks from Australia :/ they had no issue with refunding once they saw the receipts

Celtictarot

Thanks, may just scan the postage label as proof as it clearly shows the name on the label!

karen0205

Does the label have any kind of tracking? If not, then I would guess they aren't all that
concerned about getting their items back. Who provides a return label without tracking?

Maybe call and ask for someone on the phone that you can email a copy of the label to
and tell them that you sent it over a month ago and you would like to know how to get
the refund processed.

It's up to them to track their item, you have proof of mailing, after that it's up to them.
Doesn't sound like a really safe way to have people return things.

I would definitely buy some kind of tracking just for yourself if you have to return
anything to them again. What a hassle. Hope you get it straightened out.

Celtictarot

Does the label have any kind of tracking? If not, then I would guess they aren't all that
concerned about getting their items back. Who provides a return label without tracking?

Maybe call and ask for someone on the phone that you can email a copy of the label to
and tell them that you sent it over a month ago and you would like to know how to get
the refund processed.

It's up to them to track their item, you have proof of mailing, after that it's up to them.
Doesn't sound like a really safe way to have people return things.

I would definitely buy some kind of tracking just for yourself if you have to return
anything to them again. What a hassle. Hope you get it straightened out.

Just your normal printy thing. I am just wondering if I should used a signed for service but I have no had issues before in returns. It has gone ghostly silent now, I don't have a phone number for the company as I initiated the refund via abebooks.co.uk where I got the deck. Thanks for your help.

Aivli

Just your normal printy thing. I am just wondering if I should used a signed for service but I have no had issues before in returns. It has gone ghostly silent now, I don't have a phone number for the company as I initiated the refund via abebooks.co.uk where I got the deck. Thanks for your help.

So, there is no tracking number for the return label the company provided for you, or on the receipt the post office gave you?

Edited to clarify: So, there is no tracking number for the return label the company provided for you, or on the receipt the post office gave you, or on the normal pointy thing?? (o:

Celtictarot

So, there is no tracking number for the return label the company provided for you, or on the receipt the post office gave you?

Edited to clarify: So, there is no tracking number for the return label the company provided for you, or on the receipt the post office gave you, or on the normal pointy thing?? (o:

No, it is Royal mail, it was tracked coming up here but not for a return.

Celtictarot

Now they've given me the refund. I was in the post office today and got the form. I will keep it for future disputes LOL

How ironic that is!!

gregory

For next time (I have just had to do this...) you can download a claim form for lost items from the royal mail website and fill it all in; you have to send in your proof of postage and evidence of the value of the item you sent (a receipt is good; luckily I always keep them })) - so be sure to scan it and keep a copy. My lost item went internationally, and the only Royal Mail service for tracking overseas is their international signed for - which is £5 and change on top of postage, so I didn't use it.

But I've filled in these claims forms a few times and ALWAYS got my money back. Once I also got the parcel, 6 months later.... As they had told me they had PROOF it was DESTROYED, and apologised, I didn't bother to tell them ! it was only my daughter's bedroom slippers. (Don't ask. She was in college, and these things assume tremendous importance when you are a student !)

Celtictarot

For next time (I have just had to do this...) you can download a claim form for lost items from the royal mail website and fill it all in; you have to send in your proof of postage and evidence of the value of the item you sent (a receipt is good; luckily I always keep them })) - so be sure to scan it and keep a copy. My lost item went internationally, and the only Royal Mail service for tracking overseas is their international signed for - which is £5 and change on top of postage, so I didn't use it.

But I've filled in these claims forms a few times and ALWAYS got my money back. Once I also got the parcel, 6 months later.... As they had told me they had PROOF it was DESTROYED, and apologised, I didn't bother to tell them ! it was only my daughter's bedroom slippers. (Don't ask. She was in college, and these things assume tremendous importance when you are a student !)

Yeah, same as myself. I kept my proof of postage until I know they have the item!

:) Good old royal mail!