help in selecting online professional tarot reader?

olivia1

I'm not sure if I have to be a subscriber to ask this... I did a search on the topic of professional tarot readers and found a few old threads in Talking Tarot so I figured this question would be ok here? I would have posted under the old threads but felt starting a new one might be better as the older ones didn't really have the information I am looking for.

Anyway, prior to learning to read the cards, I used to occasionally visit professional tarot readers. I thought that once I learned to read, I'd have no need to visit one again...I suppose that kind of thinking is like someone thinking they'd learn to be a doctor and never have a need to visit one ever again...I've actually been debating the idea of visiting a professional reader for awhile, but another ATer's post really made me decide it was something I needed to do:

I have been spoiled though by my favorite reader ...She uses her senses to give accurate readings. She can give names, descriptions in detail, around the time it will or may happen.

I'd like a reader like her's, please! I know a few of you enjoy occasionally visiting professional tarot readers so I figured you would be the perfect people to ask for help in finding one. Unfortunately, since I live in the middle of nowhere, an in person isn't really feasible. So, what tips can you give someone like me who is looking for a professional online reader? What is a good price range? What kind of questions should I ask to make sure that I find a reader who is right for me? Would it be uncouth to ask before hand for samples of their readings? I really don't want to be rude, but I also don't want to get a reading I could have easily done myself or gotten from a friend...better yet, would you be able to recommend a reader to me :)

Lunar Siren

I know you'll find your reader, here on the forum. I hope he/she contacts you as soon as your post is read! I had to respond as soon as I saw the words "online reading". Whatever you do stay away from those online reading sites. I used to read for them and it was a contant battle with my conscience over charging $2.99 a minute. I saw some of them charging $18.99 a minute or even more!!! Even a reading with the gods themselves wouldn't be worth that much. In my defense I was home and out of work after a car accident so it paid the bills. I, also, tried out the service I worked for. A lot. A few were terrific, the rest were nothing special and eager to squeeze every last second out of the session. Avoid them like the plague, please. Find someone who'll charge you a flat rate, a reasonable one at that. I just couldn't work for that service for very long, though I gave away a lot of minutes... I'm not looking to start WW3 with any service readers here, just trying to give a fellow journeyman the heads up...

214red

sometimes i understand you want a reader who knows nothing about you, which kind of rules out the AT readers, even though they are good i think that you need someone you havent spoken to before.

i hope you get a good review for a telephone reader:)

olivia1

Bless you, Lunar Siren..you are a gem. You are 2/2 on the helpfulness today. I'll told you why via PM :)

Lunar Siren said:
I know you'll find your reader, here on the forum. I hope he/she contacts you as soon as your post is read!

me too :laugh: no, because seriously, i need some answers on some stuff that has been bugging me and I think I need a professional for this....or at least someone with the skills that other ATer in my original post mentions.

I had to respond as soon as I saw the words "online reading". Whatever you do stay away from those online reading sites. ... I saw some of them charging $18.99 a minute or even more!!! Even a reading with the gods themselves wouldn't be worth that much.

:laugh:

In my defense I was home and out of work after a car accident so it paid the bills.I just couldn't work for that service for very long, though I gave away a lot of minutes...

don't worry. most of us here try not to judge. we understand we all find ourselves in tough situations. at least you had a conscience about it...

I, also, tried out the service I worked for. A lot. A few were terrific, the rest were nothing special and eager to squeeze every last second out of the session. Avoid them like the plague, please.

ok, will do. I am glad you said that because a few months ago, i was almost tempted to call one. true story. the only reason I didn't was because I couldn't decide which one to call. those who know me well enough on AT (from helping me pick out tarot decks) know I take forever to make up my mind!

Find someone who'll charge you a flat rate, a reasonable one at that. I'm not looking to start WW3 with any service readers here, just trying to give a fellow journeyman the heads up...

yes, the flat rate sounds like a very good idea and one I'd like to do. I dont even mind if the reader wants to do an email reading...as long as they are able to help me find some answers, then that would be great! and bless you for having a heart and looking out for me :heart:

olivia1

214red said:
sometimes i understand you want a reader who knows nothing about you, which kind of rules out the AT readers, even though they are good i think that you need someone you havent spoken to before.

i hope you get a good review for a telephone reader:)

thank you, Nik! yes, there are a few amazing ones on here. Unfortunately, I think they know me a little too well by now :laugh: I hope this thread will get me in contact with readers I haven't worked with yet (or at least with someone who doesn't know me through posts that well).

re-pete-a

If you continue to seek and not take the personal chance of making a mistake you'll surely attract exactly what you DONT want.

Others that have found their PERFECT reader have done their rounds of failures before the right one arrived.
You need to set in motion the necessary signals before it can take place.

That special reader may be a failure for another seeker.

By now you know that it's horses for courses.

olivia1

re-pete-a said:
If you continue to seek and not take the personal chance of making a mistake you'll surely attract exactly what you DONT want.

im most afraid of not getting scammed. for the past few days, i have actually been trolling ebay looking for a reader. I didn't really know where else to look. when i mentioned I was also a reader (to a potential reader) and wanted someone who can give me more than book interpretations they actually stopped responding.

i dont know if me saying that is considered rude but I didn't think people would actually be offended. if a potential client came up to me and said that, i'd do everything I can to reassure them that I am more than someone who will just give them book meanings...because I'd want the person to feel comfortable. However, we are all different so what may be ok to someone might be considered offensive to someone else.

That special reader may be a failure for another seeker.

yes, this is what i am afraid of...i'm hoping that someone can at least point me in the direction of someone who has the skills I am looking for. I wont blame the person who recommended me if the reader they referred me to doesn't work out for me... so no pressure, people ;) all i care about is that the person i pay is honest.

Lunar Siren

Hey! Wait a minute! Why doesn't that AT'er who knows this gifted psychic give you her contact info? Why not share? Most psychics would be thrilled by a positive recommendation by a client. No better way to start out a relationship, what with positive energy & expectation & nice warm fuzzies all the way round. The reader sounds amazing, btw. I'd like her number myself, truth be told, for when I'm working and able to afford these things again. :D And, it's a pleasure to be of service. That's what I'm here for, always. (Life purpose, that kinda thing...) You kinda give off these "kid sister" vibes, really warm and friendly. I'll help ya whenever I can.

olivia1

Lunar Siren said:
Hey! Wait a minute! Why doesn't that AT'er who knows this gifted psychic give you her contact info? Why not share? Most psychics would be thrilled by a positive recommendation by a client. No better way to start out a relationship, what with positive energy & expectation & nice warm fuzzies all the way round. The reader sounds amazing, btw. I'd like her number myself, truth be told, for when I'm working and able to afford these things again. :D

Personal negative comment about another member removed by moderator.

eta: i do know of a reader who has the kind of skills this ATer mentioned. This reader read for me at a corporate function (paid for by the company). He is awesome and my coworkers were addicted to his reading... but at $144 for half an hour, he was (and no definietly is) way out of my price range. I'm hoping I can find a talented reader for $40 max (although obviously, I'd prefer to pay even less than that). dont laugh.

re-pete-a

As a suggestion , how's about you doing a reading on your beliefs about LOSING MONEY.

Then another on PRETENCE.

The occult knowledge to date had shown in no uncertain terms that what you see in the outside world is first projected INTO IT by the observer.

Though it may not help in finding your EXPERT reader it certainly will eliminate the chances of attracting a DUD.

This in not having a shot at you but rather at removing obsticles in your road.