Help with a re-occuring dream...

EmpressArwen

Duplicate post! whoops!

danieljuk

I love your automatic writing Pooh quote! how fitting :)

Although it's so great to have goals in life, we have to be flexible! You might not reach your financial / emotional stability goal at 40 but keep going towards it! go easy on yourself! Perhaps there was more emotional things to deal with than you imagined! It's also I think harder in the world at the moment. My parents would go on about everyone being pretty settled here at 30, now people in London are living with their families till 40! It's almost impossible to have savings, you pay the rent and weekly costs and no money left! There is obstacles that are different to what we imagined or maybe your Grandma dealt with. It seems to me that she didn't have financial stability and yet she worked hard and was happy, I wonder what her secret was there? I think she was happy with whatever she had! So do investigate the whole living in the moment / peaceful rivers / Buddhism / Mindfulness areas.

I have a cousin whose boyfriend has the most stressful job of anyone I know. He works freelance and has to travel a lot for fashion shoots. At any moment they call and say "we need you in Mexico tomorrow for Summer 2015". You go out with them and suddenly a courier bike arrives to take him to an airport! His life is insane. He was telling me that one day he was in a car to an airport and was stuck in traffic. He couldn't go anywhere and missed the flight. He was an hour late and realised how stressed out he was in the car. He also started to become very ill generally in his health, the stress caught up with him! He turns down some of those late minute jobs now, spends more time with his girlfriend and family and if he gets stuck or things go the wrong way, he deals with them with peace and calm. In that traffic situation he could do nothing personally to change it. The people employing him bought the next flight, it all worked out in the end! He once taught me in a slightly drunken conversation to realise what the important things are and what to get worked up about. He realised his life is worth more than his work! Being late is not the end of the world :D

If you have the dream again, try to change it!
my ideas....

- see if you can slow down the river or the car, let's go nice and calm. still and slow!

- see if you can interact or talk to your Grandma. Does she have advice for you?

- if you end up at the end drowning, see if you can come out of the water at the end with it all still and you are peace, reborn :) :heart:

EmpressArwen

I love your automatic writing Pooh quote! how fitting :)

Although it's so great to have goals in life, we have to be flexible! You might not reach your financial / emotional stability goal at 40 but keep going towards it! go easy on yourself! Perhaps there was more emotional things to deal with than you imagined! It's also I think harder in the world at the moment. My parents would go on about everyone being pretty settled here at 30, now people in London are living with their families till 40! It's almost impossible to have savings, you pay the rent and weekly costs and no money left! There is obstacles that are different to what we imagined or maybe your Grandma dealt with. It seems to me that she didn't have financial stability and yet she worked hard and was happy, I wonder what her secret was there? I think she was happy with whatever she had! So do investigate the whole living in the moment / peaceful rivers / Buddhism / Mindfulness areas.

I have a cousin whose boyfriend has the most stressful job of anyone I know. He works freelance and has to travel a lot for fashion shoots. At any moment they call and say "we need you in Mexico tomorrow for Summer 2015". You go out with them and suddenly a courier bike arrives to take him to an airport! His life is insane. He was telling me that one day he was in a car to an airport and was stuck in traffic. He couldn't go anywhere and missed the flight. He was an hour late and realised how stressed out he was in the car. He also started to become very ill generally in his health, the stress caught up with him! He turns down some of those late minute jobs now, spends more time with his girlfriend and family and if he gets stuck or things go the wrong way, he deals with them with peace and calm. In that traffic situation he could do nothing personally to change it. The people employing him bought the next flight, it all worked out in the end! He once taught me in a slightly drunken conversation to realise what the important things are and what to get worked up about. He realised his life is worth more than his work! Being late is not the end of the world :D

If you have the dream again, try to change it!
my ideas....

- see if you can slow down the river or the car, let's go nice and calm. still and slow!

- see if you can interact or talk to your Grandma. Does she have advice for you?

- if you end up at the end drowning, see if you can come out of the water at the end with it all still and you are peace, reborn :) :heart:

Thank you again! I will try this and see how it turns out. I will let you know if I am able to change the dream. It sound like a good way to figure this out. :)

celticnoodle

"well, I'm glad you're not with him...I would vomit if I knew you had to have sex with that wrinkly old, hideous man." lol my mom about died but my grandma laughed for 20 minutes...finally she said, "Arwen, a day doesn't go by when I don't have a chuckle about something you've said...I'll be laughing about this one for years." oh man...I miss her. :(
EA, I laughed reading this! I imagine pretty much like your grandma did. :D

Daniel, you had some very great points and some good advice there with your dream analysis. EmpressArwen, I'm glad you are beginning to see where this dream was trying to lead you. I hope you are able to find some peace from all this now and make it to the "end" of the dream with great results.

Flames

I don't know how much more I can offer...You've received such great responses!

There's only one thing I'd like to touch on...and that's the "small" elephant. You noticed his imprint in the mud. There was evidence that he had been there. And maybe you were sad and equated him not being there anymore with him not existing any longer...

An elephant carries significance and a lot of "weight" (no pun intended). He's small, a "child"...which is vulnerable and in need of protection. Do you know the story of the Hindu elephant-headed God, Ganesha? Well, his mother the Goddess Parvati created him out of CLAY (mud) for her own protection. Her husband, Shiva, was so jealous that he beheaded Ganesha. Parvati was so upset that Shiva took the head of an elephant and placed it on Ganesha. Ganesha is considered to be one of the most worshipped Gods in Hinduism. He's like a mediator, an intercessor between us and his powerful Mother. It's sort of like praying to Jesus to get to the Father and here, you're praying to Ganesha to get to the Mother.

Ganesha is considered the great "obstacle remover." So, to continue my story...his Mother will never deny Ganesha a thing so if you pray to Ganesha, he will take it to his Mother...and it's pretty much a done deal. I thought you might appreciate that, all things considered. ;)

EmpressArwen

I don't know how much more I can offer...You've received such great responses!

There's only one thing I'd like to touch on...and that's the "small" elephant. You noticed his imprint in the mud. There was evidence that he had been there. And maybe you were sad and equated him not being there anymore with him not existing any longer...

An elephant carries significance and a lot of "weight" (no pun intended). He's small, a "child"...which is vulnerable and in need of protection. Do you know the story of the Hindu elephant-headed God, Ganesha? Well, his mother the Goddess Parvati created him out of CLAY (mud) for her own protection. Her husband, Shiva, was so jealous that he beheaded Ganesha. Parvati was so upset that Shiva took the head of an elephant and placed it on Ganesha. Ganesha is considered to be one of the most worshipped Gods in Hinduism. He's like a mediator, an intercessor between us and his powerful Mother. It's sort of like praying to Jesus to get to the Father and here, you're praying to Ganesha to get to the Mother.

Ganesha is considered the great "obstacle remover." So, to continue my story...his Mother will never deny Ganesha a thing so if you pray to Ganesha, he will take it to his Mother...and it's pretty much a done deal. I thought you might appreciate that, all things considered. ;)

Very interesting. Hinduism is a religion that I know nothing about. I'm going to read up on this. It sounds very intriguing. Thank you!

re-pete-a

Water "of the mind"...

Elephant..."a heavy body"

Grandma..."Help, from a known helper"

From this I feel that you have become bogged down in the body and I feel, at a spiritual level, it's a hint from Gran that your stuck ... and she's trying to drive home an answer for you...

The bodies gross has to be left behind or put into 2nd place in order for you to advance ...This displaces the low vibes of the physically ruling Ego.... This could also mean that the Ego is ruling your life at the moment ... It has to be bypassed in order for you to gain entrance into the spiritual realms...

It's low vibrational mass is a heavy anchor...hence the leaning towards a heavy biomass ...and it's disappearances necessary to get ahead...

It's a hint that your prayers have been answered in the only way that the spiritual world can answer...visions ...dreams...a different language that uses FEEL and not logic to impart messages....

smw

just a few thoughts that came to mind.

the repetitive and circle feeling from you dream, I thought of Ourboros and looking for meaning saw this-;

As a circular depiction of an already potent symbol, the Ourboros represents time, [10] particularly eternity, [4] and is a symbol of infinity. [7] As a symbol of the cycle-like nature of the universe, which begins and ends with chaos, but presents with some element of order and peace in between. [3]

this reminded me of your dream with the raging waters and chaos to start, the in between place at the sandy beach before the waters came back again, (where your gran had led you).

the outline of the trunk left in the sand, poignant, a loss, grief, maybe an aspect of self, the wise child who for the moment seems lost.

smw

EmpressArwen

Water "of the mind"...

Elephant..."a heavy body"

Grandma..."Help, from a known helper"

From this I feel that you have become bogged down in the body and I feel, at a spiritual level, it's a hint from Gran that your stuck ... and she's trying to drive home an answer for you...

The bodies gross has to be left behind or put into 2nd place in order for you to advance ...This displaces the low vibes of the physically ruling Ego.... This could also mean that the Ego is ruling your life at the moment ... It has to be bypassed in order for you to gain entrance into the spiritual realms...

It's low vibrational mass is a heavy anchor...hence the leaning towards a heavy biomass ...and it's disappearances necessary to get ahead...

It's a hint that your prayers have been answered in the only way that the spiritual world can answer...visions ...dreams...a different language that uses FEEL and not logic to impart messages....

What does it mean when you sat Ego is ruling my life? Is that being consumed with self? How do you stop that? I'm definitely stuck spiritually..well actually stuck describes my entire life right now. How do I bypass?

Thank you!

EmpressArwen

just a few thoughts that came to mind.

the repetitive and circle feeling from you dream, I thought of Ourboros and looking for meaning saw this-;

As a circular depiction of an already potent symbol, the Ourboros represents time, [10] particularly eternity, [4] and is a symbol of infinity. [7] As a symbol of the cycle-like nature of the universe, which begins and ends with chaos, but presents with some element of order and peace in between. [3]

this reminded me of your dream with the raging waters and chaos to start, the in between place at the sandy beach before the waters came back again, (where your gran had led you).

the outline of the trunk left in the sand, poignant, a loss, grief, maybe an aspect of self, the wise child who for the moment seems lost.

smw

Hmm...I do feel that I have lost that wise, brave child that I used to be. Your description of the infinity symbol is very interesting. I have not thought of the passage of time in that way. So maybe the chaos, calm, chaos is just the normal way of being...that the calm will come?

Thank you!