Help with dream interpretation

Ziev

Hello out there,

I had a dream that other day and I am not quite sure how to interpret it. I tried looking up part of the symbolism but I got nowhere. Please feel free to offer suggestions.

Basically, I ate a spoonful of dry dirt from a bowl and died. I was shocked and in disbelief. then I started crying because I still wanted to live and then I continued to cry harder when I realized I would not be able to see my youngest brother again. I continued to cry and whimper asking to be sent back. Then I woke up and there were tears on my face so obviously I was crying in real life too.

I've had death dreams before and I know its a death of some aspect in my life but also knowing that means something new is happening too. What baffles me is the dirt. What does it mean to eat dry dirt? If you know please share.

Thanks,
Ziev

Meditarot

Eating unpleasant things may point to unwilligness or disapproval of facing current, negative, stressful or generally unpleasant conditions.

I've looked up a bit and found this interpretation from DreamBible.com:

"To dream of eating dirt may represent feelings about how terrible it is to accept very unpleasant conditions. Having to accept nothing or total embarrassment."

Ziev

Thanks Meditarot!

That makes sense to me. Ive had some issue that have been occurring and I am not happy about it. Thanks for the url too. Im going to save it.

Blessings,
Ziev

Meditarot

Thanks Meditarot!

That makes sense to me. Ive had some issue that have been occurring and I am not happy about it. Thanks for the url too. Im going to save it.

Blessings,
Ziev

You're welcome :)

danieljuk

I think the dirt in the dream is a fear of growth! things grow in the soil but the opposite happened, you ate it and it was toxic! I would look at "earthy" things in your life; growth, grounding, fertility and foundation. I think there is an avoidance or fear of growth for some reason.

Meditarot

I think the dirt in the dream is a fear of growth! things grow in the soil but the opposite happened, you ate it and it was toxic! I would look at "earthy" things in your life; growth, grounding, fertility and foundation. I think there is an avoidance or fear of growth for some reason.

I partially agree with you, dirt would link to something very grounded, connected to the dimension of the Pentacles.

Not only growth though. It could alternatively be something related to work, finances or family.

If we want to link these two, it could be stagnation/lack of growth at work for example.

Ziev

Interesting. That does resonate very well for me. There are some things that I just cant seem to move forward with and its not lack of wanting too. I wonder if my subconscious is telling me to do it already. Maybe its saying that if I don't move on I will 'die' not literal death mind you but not living a joyful life. Thanks danieljuk.

Ziev

I partially agree with you, dirt would link to something very grounded, connected to the dimension of the Pentacles.

Not only growth though. It could alternatively be something related to work, finances or family.

If we want to link these two, it could be stagnation/lack of growth at work for example.

I suppose it could be for work. Im not unhappy working there but its not what I want to do. It could also be about finances. They are not the best and it seems to be getting worse. I would like to change that around. Things to ponder for sure.

MandMaud

This is what came to me.

Something you're having trouble swallowing, which metaphorically means you either can't believe it, or can't accept it.

I find I focus on the dryness. Earth is where things grow, but nothing will grow if the goodness (nutrition, hence eating) has already been taken from the earth by raising crops in that earth over and over again. Rich compost becomes as useless as sand.

You're tired (tired to death!) of making the most of a situation that has nothing going for it. Nothing to be got out of it, but you're still taking it in, still trying to live on it. It isn't feeding you though.

Dry as dust - dull; it isn't inspiring you; fruitless.

You know that persisting in this is "killing" you (not literally, at least I hope not!) and you know that it's taking you away from what you value most: life - real life? "having a life"? - and in particular your youngest brother. This dream reminds you which things really matter to you. You need to stop pretending there's any nourishment in the "ground you stand on" (mixing my metaphors now but you see what I mean!) and just leave it on the ground, move away, move on.

:heart:

Ziev

This is what came to me.

Something you're having trouble swallowing, which metaphorically means you either can't believe it, or can't accept it.

I find I focus on the dryness. Earth is where things grow, but nothing will grow if the goodness (nutrition, hence eating) has already been taken from the earth by raising crops in that earth over and over again. Rich compost becomes as useless as sand.

You're tired (tired to death!) of making the most of a situation that has nothing going for it. Nothing to be got out of it, but you're still taking it in, still trying to live on it. It isn't feeding you though.

Dry as dust - dull; it isn't inspiring you; fruitless.

You know that persisting in this is "killing" you (not literally, at least I hope not!) and you know that it's taking you away from what you value most: life - real life? "having a life"? - and in particular your youngest brother. This dream reminds you which things really matter to you. You need to stop pretending there's any nourishment in the "ground you stand on" (mixing my metaphors now but you see what I mean!) and just leave it on the ground, move away, move on.

:heart:

WOW! This is amazing. I need to think about this for awhile and let it simmer to see where this fits in. I think I know but it could be about two different things or both I suppose. Thanks MandMaud.